Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Aug 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3997281)   #126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Maybe some smartass will be along shortly to tell us again he can’t have one as 2018 is over 3 years ago.
Actually one should learn to read the words written not the bs you hope is there. Without a good return THIS season the 2018 points would be lost at the START of next season. At the end of 20, the seasons counted would be 18, 19, 20. After the season starts in 21, the ONLY seasons you can count are 19, 20, 21. It's called math and English. Neither are that hard.

And multiple reporters have said he does NOT have the SuperLicence and he was testing without as is allowed. The FIA does not confirm it publicly for some dumb ass reason and there's ZERO chance Mick is in F1 next year. He has almost no money, few sponsors have signed in the Schumacher name because he has been TROUNCED by less experienced drivers his first season every time he's moved up.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3997305)   #127
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And multiple reporters have said he does NOT have the SuperLicence and he was testing without as is allowed.
And multiple reporters also say he DOES have one, including one who reportedly asked Mick himself (see posts above)

I don't know who to believe, but as far as I'm concerned it is quite possible he has a SL afterall.

Quote:
The FIA does not confirm it publicly for some dumb ass reason and there's ZERO chance Mick is in F1 next year. He has almost no money, few sponsors have signed in the Schumacher name because he has been TROUNCED by less experienced drivers his first season every time he's moved up.
I'd say his chances are slightly higher than ZERO. There are still a few races left, he can overturn the deficit to his rookie teammate.
Even if he doesn't he can still be in F1 next year if Ferrari wants him to.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3997314)   #128
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Actually one should learn to read the words written not the bs you hope is there. Without a good return THIS season the 2018 points would be lost at the START of next season. At the end of 20, the seasons counted would be 18, 19, 20. After the season starts in 21, the ONLY seasons you can count are 19, 20, 21. It's called math and English. Neither are that hard.
Where are you getting that from?
Seeing as a driver wouldn't have gained any SL points in 2021, how can SL points from 2021 (of which their wouldn't possibly be any) count to an application made in 2021?
Your argument makes zero sense.

Also, the wording in the FIA's own document says the driver must "Have accumulated at least 40 points during the three-year period preceding his application."*
So if a driver makes a super licence application 2021, it's clear that their points from 2018 will count.

*From Appenix L to the International Sporting Code.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3997367)   #129
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
He has zero money. Lol.

I haven’t laughed this much in years. Thanks!

Apart from the family hundreds of millions, I’d wager Deutsche Vermögensberatung are paying all the bills.

Last edited by peebee2; 23 Aug 2020 at 19:03.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3997568)   #130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not forgetting he has plenty of backing and support from Ferrari itself
Old 28 Aug 2020, 19:15 (Ref:3998550)   #131
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Not sure if this is reputable site or not (only because I'm unaware and also don't follow every single morsel of F1 news on the internet): https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-h...erg-haas-2021/.

Hulk replace Grosjean?
Old 29 Aug 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3998628)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Definitely can see that happening. That two race return no doubt has boosted his chances, whilst RoGro’s reputation is probably down quite a bit this season
Old 29 Aug 2020, 11:24 (Ref:3998642)   #133
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I think the only reason it didn’t happen for this season is Hulk asks for a lot of $ and Bigjohn is the cheapest driver in the paddock.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3999188)   #134
S griffin
Veteran

Cheapest driver? I’m sure some of his repair bills would negate that
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4001217)   #135
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perez to leave Racing Point at the end 2020!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...paign=widget-1
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:27 (Ref:4001225)   #136
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post

I've a bit mixed about that - he did well out of FI and bailed them out in order to keep them running, and he's pretty solid as a driver *but* solid isn't what RP need right now.

The bigger question though is will SV be any better, assuming that move comes to pass?
Old 9 Sep 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4001251)   #137
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post

Pretty diappointed about that.
I had hoped/expected Racing Point would have been more grateful towards Perez.
I don't see Vettel as an upgrade over Perez, and I'm not sure why Racing Point seem to think otherwise.

I really hope Sergio finds something interesting to do next year.

IMO he is worth more than running at the back in an Alfa or Haas.

If he is open to racing in Indycar or WEC, I hope he can find a competitive seat and a lot of fun there.
If Sato (twice) and Rossi can win Indy, why would Perez not be successful over there ?
Old 10 Sep 2020, 07:06 (Ref:4001338)   #138
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...2021-f1-season

Vettel to RP/AM.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 07:54 (Ref:4001351)   #139
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm happy about that, F1 is better with Vettel in it, and I think he will bring real value to team building in Racing Point. Here's hoping.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 08:38 (Ref:4001360)   #140
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I'm happy about that, F1 is better with Vettel in it, and I think he will bring real value to team building in Racing Point. Here's hoping.
As i've said elsewhere this is about other things, the PR is just window dressing.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 11:56 (Ref:4001406)   #141
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I hope Checo goes to Alfa Sauber?

Haas would be a deadend unless he gets Slim to throw more money in there for major re-development.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 13:32 (Ref:4001432)   #142
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I hope Checo goes to Alfa Sauber?

Haas would be a deadend unless he gets Slim to throw more money in there for major re-development.
I'm not sure there's much of a difference between Alfa and Haas - they're both dead ends at the moment with that Ferrari 'power' unit.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 14:27 (Ref:4001437)   #143
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is on the bubble from a poor performance perspective (ignoring teams like Williams and Alfa)?

Grosjean (worn out his welcome)
Kvyat (I don't see him progressing beyond where he is today)
Albon (maybe?)

Then we have available drivers with experience

Perez (shame to not get a ride)
Hulkenberg (substitution at RP surprisingly good)

Crazy idea...

Albon to AlphaTauri (with Gasly; Kvyat out of F1)
Perez at Red Bull (with Verstappen; maybe a one year deal for Perez to prove himself)
Hulkenberg to Hass (with Magnussen; Grosjean out of F1)

Clearly the big thing would be Red Bull pulling from somewhere other than their junior team. I also can't remember off hand if there is any bad blood between Perez and Red Bull/Verstappen that might preclude that pairing. And might Red Bull keep Gasly in AlphaTauri for now (not a bad idea)?

Richard
Old 10 Sep 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4001439)   #144
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i were Renault, i would replace Ocon for Perez and and take some much needed money in the process.

although i do really like your idea of Perez at RB. that would be an aggressive team mate line up.

*meant aggressive against other drivers not against each other.

Last edited by chillibowl; 10 Sep 2020 at 14:37. Reason: added last bit
Old 10 Sep 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4001451)   #145
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Who is on the bubble from a poor performance perspective (ignoring teams like Williams and Alfa)?

Grosjean (worn out his welcome)
Kvyat (I don't see him progressing beyond where he is today)
Albon (maybe?)

Then we have available drivers with experience

Perez (shame to not get a ride)
Hulkenberg (substitution at RP surprisingly good)

Crazy idea...

Albon to AlphaTauri (with Gasly; Kvyat out of F1)
Perez at Red Bull (with Verstappen; maybe a one year deal for Perez to prove himself)
Hulkenberg to Hass (with Magnussen; Grosjean out of F1)

Clearly the big thing would be Red Bull pulling from somewhere other than their junior team. I also can't remember off hand if there is any bad blood between Perez and Red Bull/Verstappen that might preclude that pairing. And might Red Bull keep Gasly in AlphaTauri for now (not a bad idea)?

Richard
Is Redbull a busted flush? Are key members on the move?....
Old 10 Sep 2020, 16:10 (Ref:4001460)   #146
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Is Redbull a busted flush? Are key members on the move?....
You tell us? Is that the word? I can imagine that with resource restrictions that all teams are looking to adjust their engineering lineup going into 2022. Some teams will shrink, some might grow, some might just change their makeup.

Richard
Old 10 Sep 2020, 17:38 (Ref:4001490)   #147
S griffin
Veteran

Perez in RBR is a nice idea, but since Webber retired at the end of 2013, all their drivers for both teams have been part of their driver program. So unless they change their selection process and keep their options more open to drivers outside of Red Bull, I would be surprised to see Checo there
Old 10 Sep 2020, 18:19 (Ref:4001516)   #148
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Perez in RBR is a nice idea, but since Webber retired at the end of 2013, all their drivers for both teams have been part of their driver program. So unless they change their selection process and keep their options more open to drivers outside of Red Bull, I would be surprised to see Checo there
Not sure Hartley was part of the programme?
Old 10 Sep 2020, 18:34 (Ref:4001519)   #149
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Not sure Hartley was part of the programme?
He was a Red Bull development driver until about 2010, then he was dropped. Became a Mercedes reserve driver, did some LMP2, then Porsche LMP1, then rehired by Red Bull for the STR drive, then dropped again and back to WEC/FE/IMSA.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 18:37 (Ref:4001522)   #150
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don’t see hulkenberg at haas. He’d demand wages at a time when they’ll probably be looking at pay drivers. Perez would be a much better fit.