Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 2021, 00:07 (Ref:4074155)   #1
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Max vs Lewis - Handbags at dawn

Probably a good time to create a new thread for all Max and Lewis discussion

I've said it before - as controversial as these incidents are becoming, it's great viewing as a relatively neutral F1 fan (location checks out).

Bring on the rest of the season.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4074157)   #2
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Probably a good time to create a new thread for all Max and Lewis discussion

I've said it before - as controversial as these incidents are becoming, it's great viewing as a relatively neutral F1 fan (location checks out).

Bring on the rest of the season.
Sochi is going to be interesting.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 02:37 (Ref:4074163)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Good move to have one place for all the endless regurgitating of the same opinions.

One thing that really stands out to me is that we've seen each of them sanctioned for incidents involving the other. In both cases, the drivers, teams, sport and us have been really, really lucky that serious injury has not resulted. Make no bones about it, Max was lucky to get out of the Silverstone shunt unscathed, as was Lewis at Monza. Then of course there are team budgets, restrictions on spending and repair costs to consider.

The rivalry is good, the "giving no quarter" is good but I do think that both of them need to work out how to compete against each other without ongoing physical clashes - because either of these incidents could have ended in tears and the next one might be when it happens for real.

Time for both of them to get on the big boy pants and grow up to an extent I reckon.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 03:31 (Ref:4074167)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's try to keep general Max VS Lewis discussion in this thread, I reckon.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 03:37 (Ref:4074168)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Let's try to keep general Max VS Lewis discussion in this thread, I reckon.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 12:16 (Ref:4074202)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or just move on.......
Old 16 Sep 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4074215)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Or just move on.......
Yes. That will absolutely happen.

Richard
Old 16 Sep 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4074218)   #8
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What I want to know is: why do Max and Lewis have Dawn's handbags...?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4074221)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For a moment, I thought we had a thread about the EP 'Bliss Was It in That Dawn to Be Alive - by Arms & Sleepers?

(Arms and Sleepers is an ambient/trip hop duo consisting of Max Lewis, and Mirza Ramic)
Old 16 Sep 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4074223)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Bearing in mind some of the clothes Lewis has been seen dressed in recently, Dawn's handbag would be a de rigeur accompaniment, I would have thought.....
Old 16 Sep 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4074227)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The clashes, not just at Silverstone and Monza, but also Imola and Barcelona, have certainly added to the intensity to the rivalry. However I agree that things need not blow over anymore, as the last thing we need is a major accident where one of them gets seriously injured or worse
Old 16 Sep 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4074253)   #12
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
So, with eight races to go, the title battle is getting towards its final stages, and it is difficult to call a champion (which is exactly how we like it!). I think, over the course of the season so far, Verstappen and Red Bull have looked the more deserving of a title. The Red Bull has generally looked the marginally quicker car, and Verstappen has made only one costly mistake, at Monza (which I think was a racing incident, but the stewards blamed Max). Hamilton, on the other hand, has made large errors in Imola and Baku, and had poor races in Monza and Monaco, and Mercedes also made the huge blunder that cost Hamilton the win in Hungary. Verstappen was very unlucky to lose a certain win in Baku, what I shall call a win in Silverstone because Hamilton was blamed for the crash, and a big chunk of points in Hungary, while Hamilton also had good luck in Imola. As a neutral fan, I am finding this title battle is awesome and think it may go down to the wire. If we get a thrilling title decider, 2021 may go down as the greatest season ever as almost all the races have been fantastic. But, unless something changes drastically over the final eight races, I think Verstappen and Red Bull probably deserve it more, and my money would be on them (actually my money is on Bottas, which has looked like a mistake for some time now).
Old 16 Sep 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4074257)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For a moment, I thought we had a thread about the EP 'Bliss Was It in That Dawn to Be Alive - by Arms & Sleepers?

(Arms and Sleepers is an ambient/trip hop duo consisting of Max Lewis, and Mirza Ramic)
Kudos.

That has to be one of the most obscure connections to anything from anywhere that I have ever stumbled across.

I don't suppose there is any possibility that, as an automotive slant, Ramic and Rimac might have some sort of distant relationship to be discovered?

I love it. Makes more sense than everything else that is going on ... unless the whole thing is a remarkably well coordinated action script.

What will the Saudis make of it?

More seriously, I think they need to calm things down if possible.

Maybe remove the "Halo" and some of the other safety implementations for a short session and let the protagonists think about the implications.

Then they can decide whether to continue or exit gracefully.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4074283)   #14
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Because she is forgetful and leaves her money lying around....
Old 17 Sep 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4074317)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>Maybe remove the "Halo" and some of the other safety implementations for a short session and let the protagonists think about the implications.

Ah yes, and while they're about it they can put on skinny treaded tyres, straight six engines up front and live rear axles. That's the way racing should be, you young whippersnapper!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4074366)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
>>>>>>>Maybe remove the "Halo" and some of the other safety implementations for a short session and let the protagonists think about the implications.

Ah yes, and while they're about it they can put on skinny treaded tyres, straight six engines up front and live rear axles. That's the way racing should be, you young whippersnapper!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
After watching what I watched at Goodwood today with a host of stars having a great deal of fun, I agree!
Old 24 Sep 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4075272)   #17
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Mercedes have set their stall out, and fired a warning shot across the bow of Verstappen:

Wolff said it followed discussions over the aggressive approach to racing of title rival Max Verstappen of Red Bull.

"The change in approach is that Lewis pretty much decided not to bail out any more when he thinks the corner is his," Wolff said.

"Now it needs two to understand when a collision can be avoided."
Old 24 Sep 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4075306)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Lewis was doing just fine until Max came along; now what does that suggest?
Old 24 Sep 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4075308)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Lewis was doing just fine until Max came along; now what does that suggest?
Lack of competition?

Richard
Old 25 Sep 2021, 01:18 (Ref:4075348)   #20
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Handbags at dawn is pretty funny.
Old 1 Oct 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4076573)   #21
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Lewis and Max are using handbags, what are Horner and Toto using?
Old 2 Oct 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4076677)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
If Lewis and Max are using handbags, what are Horner and Toto using?
Here you go....
Attached Thumbnails
1-26.jpg   2ROBERTO_LEONARDI_Red_Bull_LaschenTaschen_Grtel7.jpg  
Old 2 Oct 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4076686)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 2 Oct 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4076692)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Horner is currently writing to the FIA to get a technical directive clarification on the use of a purse within a handbag.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4076701)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Horner is currently writing to the FIA to get a technical directive clarification on the use of a purse within a handbag.
Who has he got simulating a swing of a handbag?
Closed Thread