Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Feb 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3882614)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC

Not strictly historic related but as this is the most popular of the 10/10 forums I frequent I thought I would post it here. The impact of this can't help but be felt throughout club racing, inc the historic sector.

I understand that in 2018 approx. 40% of BARC race meetings lost money with a considerable financial loss being incurred for the club overall over the year.

I think they have lost money in recent previous years, too, partially due to the court battles over Mallory and Croft ISTR.

The impact of this seems to be that the BARC now expect to run fewer meetings, only run series which are deemed viable in the future and a financial commitment from each race series that wants to race with them is now expected to the tune of a £5000 bond to cover potential shortfalls in income. If there is a "surplus" for that series at season end, then any residual funds from that Bond will be refunded. If there is a shortfall, then this would be deducted from the bond, up to a maximum liability of the £5k.

Depending on the circuit hired, the breakeven points for each grid varies between 17 and 21 competitors.

Interesting times.