Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Aug 2021, 21:52 (Ref:4070234)   #8001
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Hmmmm...
I'm more interested in the engine/fuel equation of LMH/LMDh, than anything else. The new mandate of 100% E-based fuels for endurance racing could be quite an interesting one. The only motorsport that has been down this road is one that has done so for more than 70+ years: Indycar.
A good number of those running teams in IMSA are also running Indycar teams, with vast experience in handling and utilizing ethanol-based engines, including Ganassi racing.
Don't be surprised if you see a few wins by GM(Cadillac) and Honda(Acura), just as IMSA changes over to Ethanol-based fuel.
ALMS ran an ethanol based fuel for years, it was an option rather than fully required I believe but it was a switchgrass rather than corn based formula. So similar to the new Total product it was a waste based fuel rather than a potential foodstuff.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4070268)   #8002
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
There was a gas powered Vectra V6 racing in the UK for a year or so. It sounded great.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4070277)   #8003
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Have to see I'm liking to mock up of the Cadillac, hope it looks as good as that when it comes out
Old 25 Aug 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4070364)   #8004
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
GM ran on 85% ethanol at Le Mans back in C6.R GT1 and GT2 days.

And they weren't even the first to use biofuels at Le Mans.
Brilliant picture..
Old 25 Aug 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4070379)   #8005
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Brilliant picture..
Yeah, he's quite good is our Ker.......
Old 25 Aug 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4070393)   #8006
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
such a hell of racecar c6r gt1 was, by far the racecar with the most brutal sound
Old 25 Aug 2021, 20:25 (Ref:4070401)   #8007
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, he's quite good is our Ker.......
I'll tell him when i see him next
Old 26 Aug 2021, 08:27 (Ref:4070442)   #8008
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do find it pretty amusing that Cadillac have essentially been twiddling their thumbs for best part of a year regarding the announcement, and when it finally came it looks like they almost forgot to actually do a rendering. You only make a mistake like that if it's rushed and greenlit by very few people!
Old 26 Aug 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4070497)   #8009
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I do find it pretty amusing that Cadillac have essentially been twiddling their thumbs for best part of a year regarding the announcement, and when it finally came it looks like they almost forgot to actually do a rendering. You only make a mistake like that if it's rushed and greenlit by very few people!
There's a chance the announcement was postponed multiple times due to all previous versions of the drawing (I'm not calling that a render!) being even less suitable. It's when the designer was finally persuaded to drop the landau roof with opera windows idea, they said, okay f*** it, let's publish whatever this is, it'll do.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4090020)   #8010
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
2022 regs have been published:

https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/118

Here's one major change I noticed: hybrid minimum speed will be now a BoP parameter.

Old 16 Dec 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4090058)   #8011
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"we wanted a wonky rear wing"
Old 16 Dec 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4090128)   #8012
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
2022 regs have been published:

https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/118

Here's one major change I noticed: hybrid minimum speed will be now a BoP parameter.

This will probably be important going forward with the LMDh introduction in to the fray.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4090471)   #8013
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting it is in the bop.

Not really thought before, but good it can be used in the pit lane. I thought the restarting after a stop on EV was gone. And also interesting that it is specifically said it can be used to bring a car back to the pits. Not considered this needed to be a rule to combat the first part of this.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 21:45 (Ref:4090491)   #8014
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
The Porsche-badged LMP2 has a lightbar and a strange cutout in the fin. Why not just make the fin shorter and/or lower, i.e. more subtle, just like Toyota did?

The canopy does seem a little wider. That should help the overall proportions. But DPi is still DPi.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...ming-lmdh.html
Old 19 Dec 2021, 01:31 (Ref:4090524)   #8015
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The Porsche-badged LMP2 has a lightbar and a strange cutout in the fin. Why not just make the fin shorter and/or lower, i.e. more subtle, just like Toyota did?

The canopy does seem a little wider. That should help the overall proportions. But DPi is still DPi.

which cutout are you referring to? I see a solid fin.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 07:35 (Ref:4090549)   #8016
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The fin does not continue to meet the roof like most prototypes
Old 19 Dec 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4090551)   #8017
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The canopy does seem a little wider.
It is still based on the Multimatic LMP2, I do not think they'd be allowed to change that.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 08:21 (Ref:4090553)   #8018
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Definitely looks quite good so far. We'll see if the changes are effective
Old 19 Dec 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4090556)   #8019
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does look good, but it's clear how it is slightly modified LMP2/DPi (not that we should expect otherwise).
Old 19 Dec 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4090562)   #8020
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
The fin does not continue to meet the roof like most prototypes
maybe new LMH/lmdh regs give more freedom about the fin, 9x8 seems to don't have a fin at all. I like the way lmdh will keep on being lmp shaped
Old 19 Dec 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4090571)   #8021
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They do have a lot more freedom, at least for LMH, as you don’t have to have a fin. Your car has to pass various tests done with CFD to show it won’t flip. The fin is a nice simple and efficient way to do it. Toyota looked to not have a fin, but in the end found it was a good solution. LMDh might be the same. You don’t have to, but it is a good way to solve the problem.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4090586)   #8022
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
It seems to be the case with LMDh too. Old DPi/P2 regs would not permit this shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
If you look closer at the camouflaged car, the fin is the same as on this render. Unlike a lot of other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee View Post
It is still based on the Multimatic LMP2, I do not think they'd be allowed to change that.
It's next gen P2 we're talking about. And it appears they'll all be different due to safety regs.
Quote:
there’s other elements of the car that contribute to that weight increase, such as the survival cell with its safety improvements. The greenhouse is bigger, there’s more pedal space, there’s more side impact protection.
https://racer.com/2021/12/17/pruett-...pt-to-reality/

Last edited by Pandamasque; 19 Dec 2021 at 17:00.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4090655)   #8023
S griffin
Veteran

Hopefully it won't take too long for the Pugs to be challenging them

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/d...utset/6908895/
Old 20 Dec 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4090671)   #8024
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Standard, 'Don't expect us to be as quick or reliable' statement for a new car...
Old 20 Dec 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4090689)   #8025
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
It seems to be the case with LMDh too. Old DPi/P2 regs would not permit this shape.

If you look closer at the camouflaged car, the fin is the same as on this render. Unlike a lot of other parts.

I see what was meant by cut out now. I guess I have become so accustomed to looking at cars with fins that I hardly notice their details as I look at other parts.