Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2801245)   #1
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHATS HAPPENING AT MASTERS ???

Rumour has it that Chris Tate has gone to pastures new ?????
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2801247)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as announced in their press release yesterday...
in other news Vettel and Webber take each other out in a race ;o)
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2801248)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
who cares?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2801254)   #4
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon.Not EVERBODY is a well informed as you thats why I mentioned it.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2801258)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite, Ted, and hasn't Julius Thurgood pushed off to set up a new 'old car' series? See 2011 Calendar thread.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2801260)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All discussed ad nasuem yesterday on this very forum!!!! Ted I thought you were the oracle!
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2801265)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Quite, Ted, and hasn't Julius Thurgood pushed off to set up a new 'old car' series? See 2011 Calendar thread.
John,

I put some of the discussion here.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125957
Old 8 Dec 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2801341)   #8
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
who cares?
Exactly my own thoughts!!
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2801471)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Love him or not Chris did a cracking job in my book. They will miss him for sure.Do you know what so will i.Top bloke.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2801479)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

I thought he hated being called Chris or is this all ironic?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2801504)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't know that. I always called him Chris, he never corrected me.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2801617)   #12
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Didn't know that. I always called him Chris, he never corrected me.
You were lucky Peter and were obviously never on the receiving end of one of his 'looks'.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2805734)   #13
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Masters Historic Racing have just announced that James Beckett has been appointed to run the Masters Top Hat Series. A great move and with James's track record will undoubtedly bring renewed interest and success to historic racing with Masters.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2805738)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds posititive to me John- especially interested to learn more about the (quote) "exciting announcements about entry fees that will be made soon"
Old 17 Dec 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2805739)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

Totally agree - top bloke and a great addition to Masters
Old 17 Dec 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2805742)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well I am pleased. James is a top bloke and a true enthusiast.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2805774)   #17
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seconded!

If you cut James in half, he'd have "Club Racing" running through him like a stick of rock. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2805914)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
BTW. He posts on here as JEB.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2805938)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It all depends on what his job allows him to do.

Best of luck James/JEB but with every Tom,Dick and Harry starting new series, and some will be cheaper than Masters,that will not be so easy.

Its a tough business as costs virtually nothing to set up in as you don't need any hardware and with all the extra people playing just fragment the existing pool of promoters.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2806028)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Best of luck James/JEB but with every Tom,Dick and Harry starting new series, and some will be cheaper than Masters,that will not be so easy.

Its a tough business as costs virtually nothing to set up in as you don't need any hardware and with all the extra people playing just fragment the existing pool of promoters.
it will be interesting to see who actually makes it to a race series... I cant see Julius committing any money to the venture until he has a guaranteed return...
Old 18 Dec 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2806086)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I also congratulate James but i think the real winners are Master's getting someone with very high respect throughout motor sport.There will be also another deserved appointment announced this week with a new competition secretary for the HGPCA.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2806100)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Iain-You think HGPCA will work?

It's difficult with the reducing interest in very old Single Seaters
Old 18 Dec 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2806116)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Had not crossed my mind John.I think the HGPCA have got most things right.Not too many races,all at nice venues all concerned were very warm to me when i drove the Ferrari and also when I'm on the spanners .
Old 19 Dec 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2806169)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Good blokes but tough job.
Old 19 Dec 2010, 06:10 (Ref:2806205)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I also congratulate James but i think the real winners are Master's getting someone with very high respect throughout motor sport.There will be also another deserved appointment announced this week with a new competition secretary for the HGPCA.

Totaly agree Iain,although Christopher will be missed,there could not have been a better replacement for him. Welcome Jame's,should be plenty to look forward to.