Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jun 2022, 07:32 (Ref:4116964)   #1026
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well done Iain.
Ditto - and to all the 'B' team.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4116987)   #1027
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, I dont know who is Mr Lambert the B owner but he's been really fast, seems he established the best time at the end of the first hour. Well deserved congrats. As a consequence of being fast, the performance index rating is not really high but TBH who cares this one??
Old 26 Jun 2022, 11:56 (Ref:4116993)   #1028
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brian Lambert has been racing MGBs since the 70s.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4117063)   #1029
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes Brian is a formidable pedaller isn't he?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jun 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4117170)   #1030
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sure he must be, you can buy a poster or even a puzzle Max!
https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/print-o...3615635053137/
Old 27 Jun 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4117193)   #1031
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I drove to the local Tesco Supermarket yesterday, I spotted a slot adjacent to a rather nice Jaguar XJ8 R. I was driving the Mach E, and as I got out the chap with the Jaguar arrived and started asking about my car. We spent a few minutes discussing both vehicles since I'm partial to the XJ R series of saloons.
Old 27 Jun 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4117229)   #1032
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes Brian is a formidable pedaller isn't he?

Could this be the highly touted, MGB driver?
Attached Thumbnails
1 Lam (1).JPG   1 Lam (2).JPG   1 Lam (3).JPG  

1 Lam (4).JPG   1 Lam (5).JPG  
Old 27 Jun 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4117253)   #1033
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Could this be the highly touted, MGB driver?
In fairness, our own Delta was actually quicker. Anyway - it was a team effort and well done to both Iain and Brian!
Old 28 Jun 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4117295)   #1034
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just received a text from Iain, with a photo. He's just about to roll into Le Mans. I'll post the picture later.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4117303)   #1035
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck to Iain and Dr Bob. I've told my mates, who are setting off for Le Mans today, to give them a cheer!
Old 28 Jun 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4117308)   #1036
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Four mates entered in Jag' Challenge, E and D type. Big discussions about the rev limiter, disable or not, and the best final ratio! Good luck to all.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4117311)   #1037
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Good luck to Iain and Dr Bob.
Ditto this.

Old 28 Jun 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4117331)   #1038
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Four mates entered in Jag' Challenge, E and D type. Big discussions about the rev limiter, disable or not, and the best final ratio! Good luck to all.
Would suggest they take it off, as long as they are careful….we run a much taller top gear to try to help this.

We are catching the overnight ferry tonight….let the adventure begin!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 28 Jun 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4117344)   #1039
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bon voyage ?* vous Will et ?* toute la team 356. Be safe and have fun. Rev limiter disabled!
Old 28 Jun 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4117347)   #1040
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Here's that picture:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_02071.jpg  
Old 28 Jun 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4117348)   #1041
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Would suggest they take it off, as long as they are careful….we run a much taller top gear to try to help this.

We are catching the overnight ferry tonight….let the adventure begin!
Good luck Will.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4117365)   #1042
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Echo the sentiments regarding Delta and Dr Bob and the beautiful Elite, this is some marathon tour, total admiration -well done guys
Old 29 Jun 2022, 09:19 (Ref:4117422)   #1043
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And good luck to John Ruston's team, drivers, mechanics, cars et all!
Old 29 Jun 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4117425)   #1044
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I thought they were all running as John's team.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4117429)   #1045
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
My friends who were en route to Le Mans sent me a What'sapp shot from what they termed "the paddock.....sorry that should be the ferry queue" of a variety of tasty machinery (1928 Bentley, E-type, Healey, MGB, Elan etc.) lining up for embarkation
Old 29 Jun 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4117435)   #1046
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
These were the pics (just learned how to transfer Whatsapp to PC
Attached Thumbnails
Le mans ferry 1.jpg   Le mans ferry 2.jpg  
Old 30 Jun 2022, 05:55 (Ref:4117542)   #1047
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes there was a collection of quirky cars in the queue for the overnight ferry. Selection of pre was cars,( Bentley, talbot) XMC1 Frazer Nash, Porsche 356, Morgans, and other more modern (911s, Astons, Jags) a fine start to the weekend!
Got down to Le Mans with no major dramas (somewhat unexpectedly when your vehicle of choice for the weekend is a customised 1957 Chevy pickup!) to join the queue to get into Houx camping) and to be greeted by Iain - happy days!
Today will be spent dodging the rain showers to get scrutinerred, signed on, briefed - and marvel at some of the oddities people have brought down - let the fun commence!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Jun 2022, 07:16 (Ref:4117552)   #1048
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm not jealous. Nope, definitely no jealousy here. No sirreeee.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4117557)   #1049
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This

I'm working this weekend near Towcester. Hotels are non existent, Air B&B prices eye watering. Is anything on?

Old 30 Jun 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4117589)   #1050
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Making my first visit to Cadwell Park this weekend for the classic bikes which I've got into this year.

Le Mans was planned but due to certain cars withdrawing on the entry decided to stick this side of the Channel

Fits in well with my 20th being this Monday eek
Closed Thread