Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Dec 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3871343)   #2401
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Still confused by the ??s

Two against Matt Neal, but none against Cammish?
Jordan listed at WSR but not Turkington?

Could you explain the strength of these assumptions please?
Cammish we have clear hints from Steve Neal that he stays when they announced their Porsche expansion

Matt Neal it's extremly likely that he will stay but no actual words or hints so far

Jordan we have that article that he will likely stay but no real word that he will actually do , also there are hardly any better teams he could go to

Turkington we know he has WCTR offers and traditionally he loses his WSR seat after becoming champion

still confused ?

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Dec 2018 at 09:55.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3871344)   #2402
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Cammish we have clear hints from Steve Neal that he stays when they announced their Porsche expansion

Matt Neal it's extremly likely that he will stay but no actual words or hints so far

Jordan we have that article that he will likely stay but no real word that he will actually do , also there are hardly any better teams he could go to

Turkington we know he has WCTR offers and traditionally he loses his WSR seat after becoming champion

still confused ?
Where is Nic Hamilton ending up?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3871346)   #2403
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I’m a bit disappointed Goff isn’t in one of the Civics but I guess money talks.
Well of course money talks, someone needs to pay for the cars to race, but at least with it being tordoff they have a good budget and a fast driver
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3871347)   #2404
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I know he's in a simiar situation every year but honestly I think we may lose Jack for 2019. There really aren't very many seats going (at least that we know of) and of course he's always struggled with budget. Would be a huge shame if he did miss out.

Thankfully, I'm nearly always wrong with my predictions!
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3871349)   #2405
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMD have a great line up there. Rory is one of the best on the grid.

Goff at Motorbase with Chilton would be a good fit. Obviously only if Goff has enough backing. If I was Dave Bartrum I'd be doing all I can to get him involved.

Where are we going to see Ollie Jackson? He talks about "the next step" which is interesting. I reckon he's doing something not BTCC related.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3871352)   #2406
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
90% certain Ollie will be at Motorbase. He raced for Bartie in the Porsche Supercup. 2010? Shame he won't be in an AMD Honda, would like to see what he could do with it.

Butcher and Tordoff are a strong lineup for AMD. Plenty of time for both of them.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3871353)   #2407
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

still confused ?
Perhaps if you want to keep your list going you should restrict to just confirmed seats. Otherwise this question mark system is just your opinion which has been incorrect before (listing Jake Hill next to these Civics)

There has been nothing from Jordan/WSR to confirm this and whilst "likely" by your own admission we have no firm detail on Neal
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3871354)   #2408
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
90% certain Ollie will be at Motorbase. He raced for Bartie in the Porsche Supercup. 2010? Shame he won't be in an AMD Honda, would like to see what he could do with it.

Butcher and Tordoff are a strong lineup for AMD. Plenty of time for both of them.
I would wager the Motorbase Ford is going to be ahead of the AMD Civics so I'm interested what he can do there!
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3871355)   #2409
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For AMD this is definitely a step up and the lineup should be competitive. I'm happy that Rory will stll drive for them as he's proved to be talented and fast. But I can't understand Tordoff's decision. Staying at Motorbase would give him stability and Focus was really fast last year, Sam just didn't find luck. AMD is still nothing more than mid pack team with occasional flashes and switching to Hondas doesn't mean that they will be in front.

What I really wonder about is who will drive for Motorbase. Chilton is in I assume, but Torfoff out, Cole probably out. Is Shredded Wheat still onboard?

And shame not to see Goff at AMD. Maybe he can move to Motorbase or PMR but unfortunately I'm afraid he won't be able to find a decent seat in 2019.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3871356)   #2410
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Perhaps if you want to keep your list going you should restrict to just confirmed seats. Otherwise this question mark system is just your opinion which has been incorrect before (listing Jake Hill next to these Civics)

There has been nothing from Jordan/WSR to confirm this and whilst "likely" by your own admission we have no firm detail on Neal
I don't understand why there is such problem understanding it

bold are fully confirmed with press releases

question mark are what they are , stongly rumored or logical deduced , they can be wrong or later confirmed

as time moves on and more press releases come out it will become bolder and bolder and question marks start dissapear

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Dec 2018 at 10:59.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3871359)   #2411
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

If Cole is out then we have a Focus going spare.... Goff? Coates? Epps? Hamilton? Plato..?
Yes, one of them.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3871360)   #2412
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
Goff has talent. It was good to see a Clio champ get into the BTCC with the stickerbomb special. Some personality traits shown in the last couple years give me the impression he probably won't be missed in the paddock, which is an issue when you're running out of options.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:07 (Ref:3871361)   #2413
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Yes, one of them.
Hamilton?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3871363)   #2414
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Hamilton?
Perhaps.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3871366)   #2415
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Not strictly driver related but I am interested following the demise of Eurotech if "Wix" suddenly appears as a title sponsor for a team, especially if Jack Goff has been able to get himself cosy with them. They must carry a huge chunk of budget that would help some of the smaller teams out
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3871367)   #2416
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Perhaps.
He’s the only one with enough funding, Goff sadly looks like he won’t be on the grid, Coates & Epp’s I’ve heard are looking elsewhere to race.

That would give a mixed line up of Chilton, Ollie Jackson & Hamilton at Motorbase!?!
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3871368)   #2417
sceptic
Veteran

How about we stop putting question marks in front of things that aren't in doubt

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ?
MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - Rob Smith

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Tom Ingram

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
Mercedes A - Ciceley - Dan Rowbottom

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Cammish

Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ???????????
Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ?

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Sam Tordoff
Honda Civic - AMD - Rory Butcher

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Jake Hill
Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - ?????????

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ??????????
Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ????????

BMW 125 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 125 - WSR - Colin Turkington?
BMW 125 - WSR/Pirtek Racing? - Andrew Jordan ?

BMW 125 - Team Parker - Stephen Jelley

Ford Focus - Motorbase/Shredded Wheat - Tom Chilton ?
Ford Focus - Motorbase/Shredded Wheat - Ollie Jackson ?

Ford Focus - Motorbase/??? - Nic Hamilton ?

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Ash Sutton
Subaru Levorg - BMR - ???????????
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3871370)   #2418
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton, Neal, Jelley, Morgan and Simpson haven’t been confirmed in any press releases though, that’s the point. They’re heavily speculated and expected but not cast iron confirmed. I don’t find it hard to follow the list? The ones in bold have been confirmed in press releases, the ones without question marks are almost 100% likely and the ones with question marks are rumoured.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3871371)   #2419
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not strictly driver related but I am interested following the demise of Eurotech if "Wix" suddenly appears as a title sponsor for a team, especially if Jack Goff has been able to get himself cosy with them. They must carry a huge chunk of budget that would help some of the smaller teams out
Well, the Motorbase cars are yellow...
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3871372)   #2420
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
WOW! considering i felt we were off to a slow start theres only actually 12 seats to be confirmed now!
Old 19 Dec 2018, 11:56 (Ref:3871373)   #2421
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
WOW! considering i felt we were off to a slow start theres only actually 12 seats to be confirmed now!
... and none of them HARD!
Old 19 Dec 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3871376)   #2422
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
... and none of them HARD!
Ahh they will swap them about as the season goes on, they dont count
Old 19 Dec 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3871377)   #2423
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree in most cases but definitely NOT in this case.
I've worked hard to get team sponsors onboard so I have more influence on our driver line-up.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3871384)   #2424
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
I agree in most cases but definitely NOT in this case.
I've worked hard to get team sponsors onboard so I have more influence on our driver line-up.
And a good lineup you've got, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Civics run next season.

You're going to need some big jackets though if you want to get the full sponsor & team embroidered across the shoulders
Old 19 Dec 2018, 13:15 (Ref:3871389)   #2425
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
actually only 11 fully confirmed

there was no press release for Adam Morgan but this article let it slip

Quote:
Rowbottom, who was a three-time race winner in the one-make Renault series in 2018, will line up alongside the team's regular driver Adam Morgan next season.

"We have been talking to the guys at Ciceley for a while and I have a really good feeling about the team and it will be great to be able to learn from Adam Morgan who has proved that the Mercedes-Benz A-Class is a winning car.

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...-mercedes-seat