Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 21 Feb 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3370635)   #1
RandyWanger
Rookie

RandyWanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Importing a race car - Japan to UK

Hello there.

While on an internet search I came across a few hits on this sight so I've registered to ask a few questions of my own.

I'm looking at importing a 1970's racing Saloon from Japan, it's a JCCA Class F Nissan, although a saloon with a chassis number the seller says it's always been a race car so doesn't have any documentation, no reason not to trust the seller, I've actually purchased a road car from him in the past.

From what I've read:

"There can be genuine reasons why a vehicle may not have documents. Common cases are where the vehicle has been entered into the government's recycle register as an end of life vehicle for dismantling. Another one may be where the owner has lost the registration papers, which can sometimes occur with old vehicles. Similarly, if the vehicle is a motorsport vehicle it may not have ever been road registered and so may not have papers.

In these cases the vehicles require dismantling and shipped as parts in order to be exported from Japan"

This seems like an awful lot of hard work and surely I'm not the only person to ever want to ship a race car from Japan.

Anyone on here have experience in this field?

Regards,

RW
There can be genuine reasons why a vehicle may not have documents. Common cases are where the vehicle has been entered into the government's recycle register as an end of life vehicle for dismantling. Another one may be where the owner has lost the registration papers, which can sometimes occur with old vehicles. Similarly, if the vehicle is a motorsport vehicle it may not have ever been road registered and so may not have papers.

In these cases the vehicles require dismantling and shipped as parts in order to be exported from Japan. - See more at: http://www.ts-export.com/faq.php?cat...ACHING=yes#215
There can be genuine reasons why a vehicle may not have documents. Common cases are where the vehicle has been entered into the government's recycle register as an end of life vehicle for dismantling. Another one may be where the owner has lost the registration papers, which can sometimes occur with old vehicles. Similarly, if the vehicle is a motorsport vehicle it may not have ever been road registered and so may not have papers.

In these cases the vehicles require dismantling and shipped as parts in order to be exported from Japan. - See more at: http://www.ts-export.com/faq.php?cat...ACHING=yes#215