Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Bahrain Grand Prix?
10 27 25.71%
9 54 51.43%
8 19 18.10%
7 4 3.81%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 1 0.95%
1 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3389547)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
If you remember I voiced concern after Benedict did it last time, not because he did a bad job (he didn't) but because it obviously opened the door for all sort of 'A' listers who are utterly ignorant of and irrelevant to F1 being asked to do it. We didn't have to wait long for my worst fears to be realised.
I did think of you when I saw him waddling up to the drivers.

Thing is, though, the podium interviews are junk whoever is doing the questioning. On the rare occasions someone actually asks an interesting question (this has possibly never happened) the drivers immediately launch into a "great crowd, I just wanna thank my team, it's been a privilege racing here". Honestly, we should just knock all interviews on the head, they are a complete waste of everybody's time.

A lot of the time the interviewer just makes a statement rather than asks a question. "Sebastien well done. Pole, win and the fastest lap."

We need someone up there asking the hard questions and coaxing controversy from the tired and emotional drivers wherever possible. For example today, someone needed to ask Rosberg why he was *****ing on the radio, or to tell Perez that Hulkenberg complained he was acting the tit. It won't exactly further harm the sport as Bernie is busy waging a campaign against it anyways. Stock "how do you feel?" nonsense just doesn't cut it anymore.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3389563)   #52
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it a 9.
Only dropped one because I believe the new tech regulations have the ability to produce something even better during the year.
Welcome back REAL Formula 1
Shut up Luca and Bernie!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3389577)   #53
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An 8. Best race of the season - so far. What really made it was of course the Hamilton/Rosberg battle for the lead - some what reminiscent of a Mansell/Piquet or Prost/Senna battle. Plus, it was on a dry track.

There was also some decent racing further down the field - poor Alonso was getting mugged on the straights!

Well done to Riccardio for getting from 13th to 4th.

All of this - and I'm not a fan of the Bahrain track - so that says a lot for how good this race was.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 01:51 (Ref:3389579)   #54
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
My tens are reserved for the whole podium battling for the win on the last laps, which is rare.
I also don't give out a 10/10 easily. I look for that type of podium battle, but also with end of season WDC implications!

Regardless, I gave it an eight. I think the primary negative was Mercedes running off for everyone. But otherwise I think it was a great race!

Richard
Old 7 Apr 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3389584)   #55
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9. Outstanding!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3389591)   #56
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the Brian Johnson thing.....I have been watching F1 since the GV days. When an old driver like Jackie Stewart or Niki Lauda does an interview....sure us guys who have been following F1 have an idea who these people are. For new fans, these guys don't mean a thing. I will read on F1 news somewhere about the answers to the important questions. Having a celeb who a lot of people can relate to interview the drivers to me is a cool thing or at least a change from the norm (I guess I was just Thunderstruck like the other guy who posted). Every podium interview is mostly a post celebration and congratulatory so there hasn't been too many tough questions asked that require answers. Gone are the Peter Windsor interview days in the serious setting post race (We don't get post race interviews (the serious ones) on tv anymore.

Last edited by F1Pete; 7 Apr 2014 at 03:24.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3389620)   #57
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 9 and it would have been a 10 if the Mercs hadn't ran away, however it kept me on the edge of the sofa especially after the safety car came out.
As for Maldonado !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Apr 2014, 07:23 (Ref:3389626)   #58
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraRed01 View Post
How would you rate the race If the full course caution didn't bunch everyone up at the end?
Up until that point a good solid 7 was on the cards as there was still racing through the field.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3389634)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
goodt race but ominous warning that unless the others catch up the season is going to be two cars in one race and everyone else racing for scrapes gave it an 8
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3389642)   #60
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
10 - one of the best races for years.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3389648)   #61
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9 - Excellent racing all the way down the field, and probably as good as any I've seen in F1 in ..... ahem ..... circa 50 years!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3389654)   #62
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 - Excellent racing and 4 teams letting their drivers race each other. It would have been a 10 if another team had been involved right at the front.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3389678)   #63
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
goodt race but ominous warning that unless the others catch up the season is going to be two cars in one race and everyone else racing for scrapes gave it an 8
Two races for the price of one! And if both of them are as good as the one we have just seen ........
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3389753)   #64
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent race... really enjoyed it. We just need the rest of them to be as exciting as that.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3389761)   #65
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
8 - The new era of Formula 1 is finally beginning to take off. Huge difference from the first two rounds. The night conditions helped make it even more of a spectacle.

Now Bernie looks rather silly, does he not?
Old 7 Apr 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3389773)   #66
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But before the race it seemed he was more in tune with the fans than for a good while!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3389820)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
8 - The new era of Formula 1 is finally beginning to take off. Huge difference from the first two rounds. The night conditions helped make it even more of a spectacle.

It's early days yet and and although yesterday's race was a cracker it would be great to see China can follow on.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3389822)   #68
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9 from me too. Didn't get to watch it live (was waving flags and writing reports at Silverstone), but watched the highlights last night after discovering my TiVo had decided to not record the race. What I saw in the highlights was what I remember F1 being - full of intrigue and action.

Slightly perturbed by the Maldonado incident, though.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3389840)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8, for all the good the reasons.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3389841)   #70
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Like all fans, I hope that it's the beginning of a long series of great races. It may not work out like that however...
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3389853)   #71
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who voted a 2 out of interest. haha
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3389864)   #72
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
Somebody with very high standards I imagine ... the poll details are here by the way.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3389865)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
Too high, eh?

It is someone who hasn't posted since November last year.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3389870)   #74
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
One swallow doesn't make a summer. Like all fans, I hope that it's the beginning of a long series of great races. It may not work out like that however...
i hope so. one day on and im feeling a little red that i went to 10 for this race.

it was a great race but was it great in its own right or was i just so happy to finally see something positive for a change i went overboard with my vote.

fortunately an 11 is still one the table for when something truly amazing happens
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3389887)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think I've ever given a race a 10, but I enjoyed that more than I have a GP for many, many years - so hell, why not.

Guys, are we going to have a whip round for some flowers and chocs for Spritle - he's clearly not very well........