Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Apr 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3814200)   #176
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Tordoff appears to have quickly lost his badge as a clean driver. I saw him tag at least 3 cars going into Paddock.

In which race?
Old 8 Apr 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3814202)   #177
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Off day for Neal and Cammish never really seemed to have the pace to go forwards, so looks like teething problems for the FK8.
And yet Cammish is already leading the JST....
Old 8 Apr 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3814228)   #178
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moffat hit Hill at Paddock on the first lap of formation lap. I think Moffat maybe didn't get away as quickly as he'd like so was trying to get his way back up to second. Stupidly, he decided to do that on the inside of Paddock. And ruined Hill's race. Was generally an excellent day's racing and some really close and clean action (which was remarkable given the weather conditions). Was the occasional headless moment though (but that does add to the fun). Thought Neal was a bit too slow in Race 2 and got in the way of others, it looked like Moffat tried to move out wide to set up an overtake on him, then lost control on the wet and when rejoining he collided with Proctor. Could have been avoided if Neal and Turkijgron had got out the way.
Support races were excellent today. Porsches were really good with overtakes (not sure I've seen that many times before). Then the headless moment of flipping another car over when under the saftey car. Oops.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 05:53 (Ref:3814283)   #179
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it'll all be on ITV Player within a day or two so I can see it, rather than rely on social media

Penalty of having picked the wrong weekend for a family break!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3814289)   #180
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
In which race?
Race 3
Old 9 Apr 2018, 07:11 (Ref:3814290)   #181
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Tim Harvey missing Matt Jackson? He kept getting Ollie and Matt mixed up at the beginning of R2
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3814301)   #182
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The first time I've enjoyed a race day for a while. Not too many dodgy driving displays and I just love a mixed conditions race!
I bet MSV have put in a big order for grass seed this morning! I wounder bow many cars wheelspan downto the bottom?
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:29 (Ref:3814305)   #183
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The first time I've enjoyed a race day for a while. Not too many dodgy driving displays and I just love a mixed conditions race!
Nice.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3814306)   #184
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Not sure who Hard would have waiting with money if Hill does drop out
There's always Gilham himself.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3814308)   #185
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I bet MSV have put in a big order for grass seed this morning! I wounder bow many cars wheelspan downto the bottom?
Lots of cars spinning wheels and going no-where in the car park. I even saw a car try and get off the South Bank and it slid down about 4-5 metres, luckily no cars or people were in the way.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3814311)   #186
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many suspension elements were broken at this round? Seemed a little higher than usual, has there been a change in material supplier I wonder?

A quick count from memory: Simpson, (potentially, hard to see) Neal, Nash, Hill, Austin.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3814316)   #187
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Is Tim Harvey missing Matt Jackson? He kept getting Ollie and Matt mixed up at the beginning of R2
Yes I noticed that too, I think David Addison mentioned him too. Maybe he's more used to the O being before Jackson on the timing

Anyone else enjoy the new intro ITV have got for the 60th anniversary?
Old 9 Apr 2018, 09:42 (Ref:3814326)   #188
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
How many suspension elements were broken at this round? Seemed a little higher than usual, has there been a change in material supplier I wonder?

A quick count from memory: Simpson, (potentially, hard to see) Neal, Nash, Hill, Austin.
Its been a problem since the NGTC inception. There appears to be a real weakness of the suspension when hit from certain angles.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3814332)   #189
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I haven't watched the tv coverage yet but from my positions at Brands watching the races (Druids, Clearways, Paddock for each race respectively) the racing looked a bit cleaner than normal (and especially so given the conditions). Race 2 was great to watch, there were so many changes of position and the drop off in the performance of the wets was brutal - you could see the cars on wets really struggling for grip but it made for an exciting race! It seemed to be one of those weekends where everyone had problems of one kind or another so the points were spread about and no one team or driver dominated. All in all a good start to the season I thought.

I even managed to get out of the car park unassisted (there were a lot of cars digging themselves some very muddy holes).
Old 9 Apr 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3814349)   #190
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I feel for those who are watching WTCR instead of BTCC today
All six of them.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3814353)   #191
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
All six of them.
WTCR was actually pretty good. Lots of action.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3814355)   #192
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Probably didn't finish with 10 different teams and 10 different car models in the top 10 standings though!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3814356)   #193
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Probably didn't finish with 10 different teams and 10 different car models in the top 10 standings though!

Or nine different drivers on the podium!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3814366)   #194
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
I didn't suggest otherwise.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3814370)   #195
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't watch both BTCC and WTCR?
Old 9 Apr 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3814372)   #196
S griffin
Veteran

Mainly cause I can’t get WTCR
Old 9 Apr 2018, 12:22 (Ref:3814375)   #197
thlbtcc
Veteran

BTCC races are now online for viewing: https://www.itv.com/btcc/races/btcc-...m-brands-hatch
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3814394)   #198
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Since when was it a competition between them? It's the same when there's an f1 race and people online compare it to the btcc!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3814396)   #199
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched F1, BTCC and WTCR, a great afternoon of motor racing.

For me F1 is what it is and there will always be a dominant party and this has been the case for as long as I can remember. F1 is about technical excellence and how one team implements the rules the best. Great to see Ferrari winning again, will make the season a lot more interesting.

BTCC is a British icon with both professional and amateur drivers taking part. The fact that amateurs can play makes it really special and when one of the amateurs gets a result, thinking race 2 here, then it makes it even more special.

WTCR is supposedly the pinnacle of Touring Car racing; this was the first event of a new era and it played out pretty well given the nature of the circuit. I fully expect it to get more exciting over the next few events as there completely different circuits coming up, Hungaroring and Nordshleife, which will test both cars and drivers.

There is something for everybody so enjoy.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3814515)   #200
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope the couple of non-starts on the grid aren't a sign of things to come. Lucky that they both happened on the warm up lap and not in the race.