Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4016212)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup it happens.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4016213)   #102
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I have to say I’m enjoying this thread, really nice to see everyone is enjoying their cycling. It’s no doubt keeping you all active and fit and that’s no doubt why people enjoy it. I myself went for one this morning, as it helped clear my mind
I have stuck to spin classes for some time now as I hate riding on roads but just recently I have found a route nearby that only uses a very short bit of road and then uses some largely newly installed cycle and bridleways paid for by a local developer. There’s a couple of challenging (to me) inclines and the whole route takes about an hour. Not particularly pretty but it’s enough for some exercise whilst I cant go to a spin class.
I still think that MSVR should allow us to use Donington Park a couple of evenings a week. Good for community relations.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 18:55 (Ref:4016228)   #103
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hmm. I suppose MG drivers are jealous of Morgan owners?
I can't see anything to be jealous of....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Nov 2020, 22:19 (Ref:4016252)   #104
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes its was a lovely Autumn morning today. I was really enjoying my ride into work until some smart arise in his all singing dancing Bianchi dressed up in Lycra came blasting past me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So, you weren't on your Bianchi then? I guess you're saving it for next year?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 22:27 (Ref:4016255)   #105
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hearing about Mr Mallet falling off I am even more reluctant to try the clip on pedals . Christmas Day I recon
Old 12 Nov 2020, 23:43 (Ref:4016268)   #106
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Historic Racers Cycling Thread

I own this lovely French lady “a true competition girl” since 1979..got it back on the road last summer ...it was fantastic and apart from grrrr changing gears it goes as good as my carbon ckt bike

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	371D7982-8F25-4F31-85AD-73A1853084E6.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	65123
Old 13 Nov 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4016303)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very nice Esper.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 10:05 (Ref:4016313)   #108
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks quite state of the art, even after all those years you've had it
Old 13 Nov 2020, 11:25 (Ref:4016329)   #109
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Looks quite state of the art, even after all those years you've had it
Note rear tyre flat.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 11:25 (Ref:4016330)   #110
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's only flat at the bottom.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4016356)   #111
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Note rear tyre flat.
Yes, i noted that as well, it casts some doubt on his claims about riding it.

Peter it is a fact that some barges have flat bottoms.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 15:27 (Ref:4016366)   #112
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
He's a flat out rider, that's all…
Old 13 Nov 2020, 15:34 (Ref:4016369)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
As long as he looks both ways before he crosses
Old 13 Nov 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4016404)   #114
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
As long as he looks both ways before he crosses

Not crosses : crosslés

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 13 Nov 2020, 20:22 (Ref:4016405)   #115
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
The Historic Racers Cycling Thread

Quote:
Note rear tyre flat.

I was just adapting. Tomorrow I will McLarenise the appearance of my gorgeous French lady

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 13 Nov 2020, 21:37 (Ref:4016411)   #116
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any of you roadies ever think of coming over to the dark side, this is what happens when you get a puncture in the middle of a forest just as the sun goes down and your have 3% battery left on your phone......and you think you know a short cut without using the tracks......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20201112-WA0000.jpg  
Old 13 Nov 2020, 21:55 (Ref:4016412)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

I think sticking on the road might be better. How you thought you could retrace your steps IDK, especially at that time. And trying to take a shortcut often ends up being the complete opposite. Having SOS in big letters must have seemed like a sensible idea at that stage, especially with your phone about to die?
Old 13 Nov 2020, 22:41 (Ref:4016421)   #118
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you've summed up exactly why I'm a roadie, Colin! I'm not even too sure about the road in winter, either. My bike's bolted to the Turbo Trainer in the utility room for a warm and socially distanced pedal

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Nov 2020, 09:06 (Ref:4016461)   #119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Colin is it a new puzzle? How many times did you cross a real road before finding yourself lost? I see the battery indicator shows much more than 3%, did you meet an electric squirrel en route?
Old 14 Nov 2020, 10:19 (Ref:4016468)   #120
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just about to venture out into the rain and wind. Hoping to get to 8047km (5000 miles) in 2020 before the end of the year.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 12:37 (Ref:4016493)   #121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Still struggling to bend my knee, thought it was ok. Hoping it'll be sorted soon.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 12:59 (Ref:4016502)   #122
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Still struggling to bend my knee, thought it was ok. Hoping it'll be sorted soon.
You should bend your knee to no man, Peter. Stand proud!
Old 14 Nov 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4016527)   #123
S griffin
Veteran

Don't worry, as long as he can still do his everyday jobs, there will be no need for him to bend his knee. Even if it means walking with a limp
Old 14 Nov 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4016567)   #124
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well must be getting soft but with today’s wet weather I have opted for the car
Old 14 Nov 2020, 15:29 (Ref:4016574)   #125
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
I own this lovely French lady “a true competition girl” since 1979..got it back on the road last summer ...it was fantastic and apart from grrrr changing gears it goes as good as my carbon ckt bike

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met TapatalkAttachment 65123

Is it an Andre Bertin, Esper?