Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3015341)   #776
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLMS View Post
http://www.pescarolo.com/news.asp?news=167

the official website of pescarolo says that he will have 2 lmp1 cars in wec and le mans? is this right or what? because i thought it was one car for wec and 2 for le mans only.
My French is pretty rusty, but it looks like the latter- 2 WEC and 2 at LM

'2 LMP1 aux 24 Heures du Mans, et 1 seule pour la totalité du WEC'
Old 22 Jan 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3015343)   #777
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
2 LMP1s at 24 hours of Le Mans and 1 single for the entire WEC.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3015446)   #778
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Make sure to come over to turn 7 and say hello to me and my fellow corner workers! (I´ll be on the inside of the fence).
I'll make it a point to do that, thank you.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3015449)   #779
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Taking full advantage of Graham's trial offer on DSC. New info up about LMP2. Looks like we haven't had the last of the announcements yet.

Wondering what is going on with JetAlliance. Trying to remember where the rumours came from in the first place. Only 11 days until a LOT of questions are answered. I can't wait.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3015456)   #780
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
My French is pretty rusty, but it looks like the latter- 2 WEC and 2 at LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
2 LMP1s at 24 hours of Le Mans and 1 single for the entire WEC.
Thanks for confirming that- my French isn't as bad as I thought...!
(...and for not mentioning my obvious typo- I meant 1 WEC and 2 LM...)
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3015459)   #781
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Taking full advantage of Graham's trial offer on DSC. New info up about LMP2. Looks like we haven't had the last of the announcements yet.

Wondering what is going on with JetAlliance. Trying to remember where the rumours came from in the first place. Only 11 days until a LOT of questions are answered. I can't wait.
JetAlliance won't be in LMP racing in 2012 - The rumours came from within the team and were. for a time at least, very real
Old 23 Jan 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3015733)   #782
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Will anyone run the BMW M3 this year?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3015735)   #783
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In ALMS yes (unfortunately), but not in WEC. Dunno about Le Mans though.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3015773)   #784
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Le Mans yes (but done by RLL this time, not Schnitzer), no WEC though.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3015778)   #785
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Le Mans yes (but done by RLL this time, not Schnitzer), no WEC though.
Really? I'd missed that piece of news.

Ayse'll be delighted!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3015787)   #786
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Well, now BMW doesn't have sandbag in pre-LM races like previous years (in fear of smaller air restrictor which they totally, totally deserve!!), because I'm pretty sure ACO isnt gonna judge their ALMS pace
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3015789)   #787
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
i think RLL confirmed for LM, yes. Not the drivers yet, though would be good if their US crews get a go.

http://gpf1.ch/index.php/swiss-racin...-cest-confirme suggests Buemi's official and that the 2 Japanese are in addition to Kaz
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3015791)   #788
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Farfus & Priaulx could do the race since they have run at Le Mans before. I know Tomczyk is keen on doing Le Mans one day but they can't use him since he's a rookie and the test day collides with the DTM Brands Hatch round.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3015797)   #789
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had no idea RLL had confirmed for LM. Great news!
Old 24 Jan 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3015976)   #790
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I had no idea RLL had confirmed for LM. Great news!
RLL is NOT doing Le Mans. There will be no BMWs at Le Mans this year.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 00:49 (Ref:3015981)   #791
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge View Post
You're not saying that just to get my hopes up, right?
Old 24 Jan 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3015990)   #792
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I hope not
Old 24 Jan 2012, 01:14 (Ref:3015991)   #793
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think he might be right! Well, except for the Judd LMP2s.

Completely unrelated, but I guess I'll write it here since we're discussing waiverwagons. I was watching the NFC Championship Game last night and I saw a new Cadillac commercial where some new model they have was "racing" a Ferrari 458 on a race track and beating it. Then they were talking about the technology transfer between the two cars. Apparently, the Cadillac has some Ferrari suspension technology or something. The Ferrari, on the other hand, gets OnStar. Yeah, that sounds like an even trade! But, anyway, I think GM might be downright in love with BoP. They think it exists on street cars now! Again, I have no idea what this has to do with WEC entries, but whatever.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3016034)   #794
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ayse really will be delighted!
Old 24 Jan 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3016048)   #795
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Really? I'd missed that piece of news.

Ayse'll be delighted!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Ayse really will be delighted!
Old 24 Jan 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3016096)   #796
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RLL has an automatic invitional because won the last ALMS season, but surely their modified m3gt GT2S spec won't be accepted, so or schnitzer will give them a pair of ACO spec m3 gt or they will have to choice between run with other cars or don't run at LM.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3016097)   #797
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
RLL has an automatic invitional because won the last ALMS season, but surely their modified m3gt GT2S spec won't be accepted, so or schnitzer will give them a pair of ACO spec m3 gt or they will have to choice between run with other cars or don't run at LM.
RLL's M3s were ACO spec last year. In fact, by the end of the season, IMSA had more restrictions on the M3s than the ACO did. Regardless, it does not seem that RLL is going to Le Mans.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3016101)   #798
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
RLL's M3s were ACO spec last year. In fact, by the end of the season, IMSA had more restrictions on the M3s than the ACO did. Regardless, it does not seem that RLL is going to Le Mans.
IMSA restricted more than ACO almost all gte cars that ran in ALMS (all but porsche) if was the internal ALMS bop, nothing to share with ACO rules or bop. btw the RLL's bmw cars since 2009 have always ran in gt2s configuration, even when they ran in 2011 ILMC races (sebring and road atlanta) under bmw motorsport.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3016107)   #799
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
IMSA restricted more than ACO almost all gte cars that ran in ALMS (all but porsche) if was the internal ALMS bop, nothing to share with ACO rules or bop. btw the RLL's bmw cars since 2009 have always ran in gt2s configuration, even when they ran in 2011 ILMC races (sebring and road atlanta) under bmw motorsport.
BMW switched to the same spec of M3 GT2 everywhere (ILMC, ALMS and VLN) for 2011, it has been said repeatedly during the season.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3016116)   #800
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
BMW switched to the same spec of M3 GT2 everywhere (ILMC, ALMS and VLN) for 2011, it has been said repeatedly during the season.
well, maybe there is some confusion here, BMW and RLL is not the same thing! you're wrong about VLN and 24h of nur because they again ran in gt2N spec, if they ran in gte spec they would run in SP7 class having a 4.0L engine like the winning porsche 997 GT3 RSR, but again they ran in E1-xp2 class so you can't say that, then i didn't read anything about RLL used ACO specs for their m3 in ALMS, why they should do it? afterall in 2011 ACO released bop sheet there was clearly written BMW M3 europe and BMW M3 USA, counted as 2 different models.

Closed Thread