Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Jun 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3084478)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe they just like the D50?
Old 3 Jun 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3084479)   #52
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
When I looked at that I thought there was no way they would mount Hydrogen tanks on the outside of the car. I figured it was just a styling cue to make it look like tanks to remind people what powers the car. They wouldn't design the car to be inherently unsafe would they?
You are correct there, and I am having the reaction based purely on emotion . The ACO has been involved in this, at least in approving what GreenGT's plans and designs are, and in making sure there is an acceptable safety factor for competitors, race operations staff and spectators.

I very much liked the looks of one of their earlier studies, the single central cockpit car with the bubble canopy. Sure, single cockpit not in keeping with LeMans, but here you are pushing a cutting edge power system that is zero emissions while operating (that is correct, no?), I think you could allow single cockpit. I guess if that had been the course then it could well have evolved to have the disliked aspects of the current car, so I guess I will quit thinking about all that.

Fascinating project and I wish them success.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:01 (Ref:3084514)   #53
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I recall everybody hated the DWing passionately when it was introduced---now at least half seem to have changed their tunes.

This car is ugly an ill-proportioned to my eye---as is the DWing. Both represent radically different technological directions so the Have To look different than the car we are used to. Form follows function and these function differently.

Oh, and the DWing is running P2 times and could probably run faster if ti wanted to with just a little tweaking. How many dozen people Insisted it would never turn a corner?

The GreenGT is ugly, but it is probably going to be the fastest hydrogen-powered car on the planet by this time next year. It will be interesting to see how many people have come to accept it by then... and whether those are the same DWing haters who came to accept It.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3084516)   #54
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The green gt is not pretty looking but at least it looks more of a racecar then the Delta dick.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3084517)   #55
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Green GT will look a lot different next year.

The curent weight is 1300kg and they want next year to go to less than 1000kg. The car will test and evolve, surely will look different next year.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3084518)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
As I recall everybody hated the DWing passionately when it was introduced---now at least half seem to have changed their tunes.

This car is ugly an ill-proportioned to my eye---as is the DWing. Both represent radically different technological directions so the Have To look different than the car we are used to. Form follows function and these function differently.

Oh, and the DWing is running P2 times and could probably run faster if ti wanted to with just a little tweaking. How many dozen people Insisted it would never turn a corner?

The GreenGT is ugly, but it is probably going to be the fastest hydrogen-powered car on the planet by this time next year. It will be interesting to see how many people have come to accept it by then... and whether those are the same DWing haters who came to accept It.

Exactly.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3084527)   #57
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

The GreenGT is ugly, but it is probably going to be the fastest hydrogen-powered car on the planet by this time next year.
how many hydrogen powered vehicles are there? (I really do not know)
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3084528)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I liked it after hating it first.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3084532)   #59
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I liked it after hating it first.
Probably the philosophy for the age: I am going to hate it until I like it.
It is optimistic in a round about way
Old 4 Jun 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3085323)   #60
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they were inspired in this car:

http://images.caradisiac.com/images/...ire-108083.jpg
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3085328)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If so, not such a bad car to be inspired by.........
Old 5 Jun 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3085384)   #62
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
I think they were inspired in this car:

http://images.caradisiac.com/images/...ire-108083.jpg
or the Smurf Ligier:

Old 6 Jun 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3086121)   #63
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it; breaking the mold and pushing things forward = Le Mans in a nut shell.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3086444)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
With a big cashew on the top!
Old 6 Jun 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3086592)   #65
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Boeing has successfully flown a hydrogen powered drone http://inhabitat.com/boeings-hydroge...-first-flight/
Old 6 Jun 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3086613)   #66
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true that amount of CO2 being emitted in the process of preparing hydrogen to be usable in such fuel cells dwarves any potential savings in CO2 emitted (or not emitted at all) by hydrogen-propelled cars?

If yes, what's exactly green in the technology?
Old 7 Jun 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3086827)   #67
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Install a high revving petrol engine in it and suddenly everyone starts drooling over the old style rear wing and the giant intake. And I don't support DeltaWing.
QFT. I much prefer the looks of this thing compared to your average 'finned' and 'holed' LMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Is it true that amount of CO2 being emitted in the process of preparing hydrogen to be usable in such fuel cells dwarves any potential savings in CO2 emitted (or not emitted at all) by hydrogen-propelled cars?

If yes, what's exactly green in the technology?
Depends how you do it. A nuclear-powered water electrolysis plant producing hydrogen would hypothetically be zero CO2, but then theres transport and storage to worry about. Im interested in some of the alternatives to hydrogen, like methanol fuel cells.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3143301)   #68
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GreenGT H2 getting some press on non-racing sites

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/28/g...cer-to-tackle/

Love it or hate it, its bringing attention to endurance racing. I would like to think the exposure will get some current non-fans to pay attention and maybe become fans. Every little bit helps.
Old 3 Mar 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3213807)   #69
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the Nissan hype factory in overdrive for 2014, it's worth remembering that garage 56 is occupied this year too!

Anyone heard any more about this recently? I am actually looking forward to seeing this car because it is something new and different. The Deltawing didn't really prove anything new, IMO. Make a racing car smaller and lighter and you can use less fuel and run on smaller tyres. If only Colin Chapman had known!

http://www.greengt.com/en/news.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP7T...s&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5prj...ature=youtu.be
Old 3 Mar 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3213856)   #70
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Make a racing car smaller and lighter and you can use less fuel and run on smaller tyres. If only Colin Chapman had known!

That Chapman was a conventional fellow, wasn't he?

I was wondering about news of the GreenGT too
Old 3 Mar 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3213858)   #71
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Given the level of vested interest Nissan clearly now has in the whole Garage 56 concept I wouldn't be enormously surprised if the Green GT hit trouble a little bit of Nissan largesse found its way in their direction.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3214532)   #72
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
With the Nissan hype factory in overdrive for 2014, it's worth remembering that garage 56 is occupied this year too!

Anyone heard any more about this recently? I am actually looking forward to seeing this car because it is something new and different. The Deltawing didn't really prove anything new, IMO. Make a racing car smaller and lighter and you can use less fuel and run on smaller tyres. If only Colin Chapman had known!

There is at last some news regarding the GreenGT H2 programme thanks to lemainelibre.fr which mentions that the GreenGT H2 should take part to the general ELMS & WEC test at the end of the month at the Castellet:
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...-03-2013-53983
Old 5 Mar 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3214535)   #73
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good stuff. Let's hope it works.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3214537)   #74
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good stuff. Let's hope it works.
Yep. And I am very curious to know the status of this project which is a true technical challenge.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3214543)   #75
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
There is at last some news regarding the GreenGT H2 programme thanks to lemainelibre.fr which mentions that the GreenGT H2 should take part to the general ELMS & WEC test at the end of the month at the Castellet:
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...-03-2013-53983
Thanks for flagging the article up.

Had been a bit worried at the lack of info but that's really promising if it's seemingly ready to run.