Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3531208)   #26
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
CER sure was great.

You could claim that spec CanAm revival series that they attempted to run in 2012 with ALMS, and apparently this year again with SCCA WC, was sort of historic... but yeah get what you mean. But really, their weekend schedules seem rather full already, it's ACO that needs something to back things up.

I guess now with ACO attempting to save AsLMS (again) and thus four out of seven regular WEC weekends being paired with 'regional championships' there is bit more going on, and obviously you also had F3 at Silverstone + other IMSA races at CotA + Audi R8 Cup & Boss GP & regional FR series at Shanghai, but the remaining three weekends? Spa, Nurburgring and Bahrain? Ehh. Not that we really know of Ring yet

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Apr 2015 at 16:34.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3531217)   #27
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see how you can have many support races at a WEC event.
If you have a six hour race then there will not be much time for other races on race day as a six hour race will effectively need 7 hours maybe more to allow for all the pre start procedures parade laps etc. At the other end there is the podium etc to be done all of which takes time.

Effectively you have only time for 2 maybe three races along with the main event on race day without any practice. P.S. don't forget time for the marshals & officals to get something to eat.

On the practice and qualifying days there may be some more time available but not a lot. If the main race was only 4 hours then there would be room for a few more support races.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3531222)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I don't see how you can have many support races at a WEC event.
If you have a six hour race then there will not be much time for other races on race day as a six hour race will effectively need 7 hours maybe more to allow for all the pre start procedures parade laps etc. At the other end there is the podium etc to be done all of which takes time.

Effectively you have only time for 2 maybe three races along with the main event on race day without any practice. P.S. don't forget time for the marshals & officals to get something to eat.

On the practice and qualifying days there may be some more time available but not a lot. If the main race was only 4 hours then there would be room for a few more support races.
Uhmm... ... ...
Spa 1000KM 2009 Timetable

Races
LMS - 1x1000KM (with 50+ entries)
CER - 1x60min
Radical Euro - 2x45min
FLM - 2x60min (own ACO creation)
SRO - 2x60min

And they even had warm-ups and earlier race starts and many more support sessions...

I guess with these world championships you get 3 hour long track and vehicle inspections not needed otherwise...

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Apr 2015 at 17:09.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3531225)   #29
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like SARD Morand have found a new partner and will run at Spa.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3531230)   #30
Michael24
Rookie

Netherlands
Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Michael24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the practical side: I'll be going again this year and want to go a day earlier. Does anyone have an idea how you book/get on to the campsite next to the parking at the main entrance? (as in opposite the old pits between La Source and Eau Rouge). Hope someone knows. Already miffed due to not getting pitwalk tickets due to late booking.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3531236)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lapierre will be running this race in one of the kcmg lmp2's.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3531238)   #32
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
limited Pitwalk Tickets like Silverstone ?? Think not .
Old 27 Apr 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3531255)   #33
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Yes, CER (Classic Endurance Racing) was a real highlight of the support package, I loved it (especially when they ran them all together)! Also good to see series like British and Belgian GT series on the support bill occasionally.

Applying all this the other way round: why doesn't have IMSA a vintage GTP/Group C series in their package? Surely you cannot claim your future place in history without honoring your past?!
Coach Ep :

Funny you should ask that last question . If you go back to the " Andy Evans " days of ownership of IMSA . Prior to that there were always some displays of guys wanting to show off their Historic Race cars . Which to me were and still are quite Fascinating !!
Well Andy " The Guy With a Lot of Rubber Checks " decided that THOSE people needed to Pay to display just like the commercial vendors Hence other than a few chosen ones doing parade laps it really ****ed off a lot of people in the historic race car community .
There had always been a group of these guys and a loose organization for their activities Historic Racecar Series . Which has really grown and do their own Stand alone events . they even got so large that they divided up the USA on the East coast HRS is really strong . The western half of USA is called I believe VRS Vintage Racecar Series ?
If you can make it to one of their events you will be quite suprised what you will see Group C Cars , GTP's GTP lites , Can - Am Cars , Trans-Am cars , a few Formula 1 's a few older Indy cars and yes some older NASCAR assorted cars . Anyone remember when NASCAR sanctioned Road Racing ?
In addition they also race these cars All for your close inspection and the owners are very knowledgeable . Quite an amazing thing . I have always been interested in the inner workings of these cars and nothing gets the Juices flowing more than when a few GTP's and a few Can-Am's come by you with the Hammer Down
While it is on my mind reguarding Andy Evans . Never order an engine from Ferrari , Have it Air Expressed to Daytona , COD , Then Pay with a BAD check That is a story for another day . No wonder he is still hiding out somewhere in Canada
Old 27 Apr 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3531299)   #34
Richard T
Rookie

Sweden
Stockholm
Richard T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going down to Spa from Stockholm on Thursday morning. Second time to a WEC event, the first being Le Mans 2013. Very excited

Does anyone know if RLM will be on FM at Spa? Were they last year?
Old 27 Apr 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3531323)   #35
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
I'm going down to Spa from Stockholm on Thursday morning. Second time to a WEC event, the first being Le Mans 2013. Very excited

Does anyone know if RLM will be on FM at Spa? Were they last year?
No RLM on FM last year, bit of a case of catching elements of English commentary near loudspeakers and working through the French, and looking at a little bit of T&S on the web.

Spa however is one of those rounds where I really don't mind only having a sketchy grasp of what happened while at the track. It's such a magnificent view seeing it without distraction is fabulous and getting back to accommodation in the evening and figuring out what on earth went on has a certain appeal too.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3531326)   #36
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
limited Pitwalk Tickets like Silverstone ?? Think not .
Think so. First 4500 tickets buyers get Pitwalk access. Other don't.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 05:00 (Ref:3531387)   #37
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

The Ten-Tenths supported, NISMO WEC Spotter Guide for the 6 hours of Spa is now live, available to download.

The guide includes all the car, team, driver and engine details along with class, tyre, ACO/FIA Driver grading and even Team Twitter handles.

No other resource is as up to date or displays as much reference!

The official IMSA Spotter Guide for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca has also been released.

You can download the guides at www.spotterguides.com
Old 28 Apr 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3531485)   #38
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Coach Ep :

Funny you should ask that last question . If you go back to the " Andy Evans " days of ownership of IMSA . Prior to that there were always some displays of guys wanting to show off their Historic Race cars . Which to me were and still are quite Fascinating !!
Well Andy " The Guy With a Lot of Rubber Checks " decided that THOSE people needed to Pay to display just like the commercial vendors Hence other than a few chosen ones doing parade laps it really ****ed off a lot of people in the historic race car community .
There had always been a group of these guys and a loose organization for their activities Historic Racecar Series . Which has really grown and do their own Stand alone events . they even got so large that they divided up the USA on the East coast HRS is really strong . The western half of USA is called I believe VRS Vintage Racecar Series ?
If you can make it to one of their events you will be quite suprised what you will see Group C Cars , GTP's GTP lites , Can - Am Cars , Trans-Am cars , a few Formula 1 's a few older Indy cars and yes some older NASCAR assorted cars . Anyone remember when NASCAR sanctioned Road Racing ?
In addition they also race these cars All for your close inspection and the owners are very knowledgeable . Quite an amazing thing . I have always been interested in the inner workings of these cars and nothing gets the Juices flowing more than when a few GTP's and a few Can-Am's come by you with the Hammer Down
While it is on my mind reguarding Andy Evans . Never order an engine from Ferrari , Have it Air Expressed to Daytona , COD , Then Pay with a BAD check That is a story for another day . No wonder he is still hiding out somewhere in Canada
This explanation of the various vintage and Historic racing series is an oversimplification of the situation. Nothing was really "divided" up, things just happened naturally. HSR is one of the dominant East Coast groups, but then again SVRA is pretty much an equal. There are other groups of course, VSCCA, SOVREN, VDCA, CSRG, VARA, HMSA, VRG and so on....
Old 28 Apr 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3531510)   #39
Richard T
Rookie

Sweden
Stockholm
Richard T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have emailed Spa Circuit and RLM will be on 106.5 FM!
Old 28 Apr 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3531597)   #40
Komon
Rookie

Komon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi to everyone!

I got advice that you guys here are the right address to ask some questions about WEC race in spa I see the advice was correct. So, the thing is that this year, I'd really like to see the WEC race and having never been on one, I have a few questions. Here they go:
-is there any other option to buy tickets than online (sherpa.be)? can they be bought on the spot, on only for saturday (I intend to go on saturday)?
-what about the parking, I saw that there are tickets for it as well and even saw advice to rather take them?
-coming on saturday, is there any advice on when to come, like-how early, as I assume there it should be crowded
-if I'm not mistaken, it's possible to access all parts of the track? like, either be on the start/finish line, or somewhere on the other end of the track?
-are there really no more chances to go to the pits? I saw that the tickets for this are already gone...

so, quite a few questions-thanks for the answers in advance and hope to see some of you there
Old 29 Apr 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3531817)   #41
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
I have emailed Spa Circuit and RLM will be on 106.5 FM!
While there maybe coverage from French(?) radio, there will not be RLM coverage, the circuit has never taken up the option.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3531818)   #42
mwfuzz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridge, England
mwfuzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Posted this in another thread but is probably relevant here also:

Oliver Jarvis on the chances of victory at Spa this weekend, and some thoughts on the LM spec his #8 car will be running

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Oliv...ail/story.html
Old 29 Apr 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3531871)   #43
Deleted
Veteran

What does 'near freezing temperatures' mean? Could there be even some wet snow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dagys
While it stayed dry today, rain is in the forecast for both tomorrow and Friday, including lows at near freezing temperatures. It could make for treacherous track conditions for the 34 cars here this weekend.
Meteo France shows around 8 degrees for day and 5 for evening tomorrow
http://www.meteofrance.com/prevision...onde/spa/06490
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:12 (Ref:3531880)   #44
Michael24
Rookie

Netherlands
Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Michael24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great! Got the camping bit sorted, now I need to fix me some arctic gear ....
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3531893)   #45
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What does 'near freezing temperatures' mean? Could there be even some wet snow?

Meteo France shows around 8 degrees for day and 5 for evening tomorrow
http://www.meteofrance.com/prevision...onde/spa/06490
And people still maintain their objectives against Sebring...
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3531898)   #46
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I remember driving down to Spa for the ELMS race in '05 I believe on Sat. night (the race was still on Sunday those days) when we were 'welcomed' by lots of rain and heavy fog as soon as we approached Verviers (coming from the North). We had planned on setting up a small tent at the marshals camping at Les Combes but decided it was better to find something dry and warm - luckily we found this small, recently priced hotel at Rue Basse in the center of Stavelot (on town square). The poor weather continued on Sunday which saw a rather unique Zytek overall victory (in Europe at least).
Old 29 Apr 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3531947)   #47
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
While there maybe coverage from French(?) radio, there will not be RLM coverage, the circuit has never taken up the option.
RLM experience at Spa has been mixed, wasn't anything last year, pretty certain there was in 2013, wasn't in 2012, 2011 not sure but think there might have been, so to say it's never been there is over stating things a little.

On temperatures? It's never quite as bad as you think it's going to be. 2012 we drove down on the Saturday morning, with pretty filthy conditions the whole way from London to Spa itself, parked up in one of the rent-a-fields with half of me thinking this was a terrible idea as we donned every bit of goretex we owned, schlepped down to the start, found a seat in the old start-finish grandstand, and then didn't see much in the way of rain for the rest of proceedings and stayed reasonably warm. Full adverse weather kit's being packed, but there's a quiet level of optimism hoping it won't be needed.

By contrast 2011 was too hot (hauling up the Kemmel Straight was no fun) and last year had moments when it was distinctly warm.

Thanks incidentally @CoachEp for reminding me of 2005. Remember watching that one on TV while recuperating from a broken leg and wholly enjoyed the race, might have to dig out the footage later to get me in the humour for the trip into the Ardennes tomorrow.

Last edited by isynge; 29 Apr 2015 at 20:46.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3531948)   #48
Deleted
Veteran

Always enjoyed how that race was portrayed in Creation Autosportif's 'Road to Le Mans' doc.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3531960)   #49
Deleted
Veteran

So are we expecting anything out of the above if and when the cars keep violating the expanded off areas as badly as they usually do? The circuit hasn't teared em down have they? It was only in March when they installed those. I looked at Spa's event calendar and this is only the second meeting of the year after Trophée des Fagnes a month ago, so there must not be too much experience yet.

Also, what about this at Blanchimont, have they done it?
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....2&postcount=63
Old 29 Apr 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3531964)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think those rumble strips are long gone. Came out almost as quickly as they went in, thankfully.