Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Apr 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3531965)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if glad or sad to hear about that. The execution might've been bad but the intentions good.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3531978)   #52
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!

Those curbs were only there for a few days.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 22:32 (Ref:3531984)   #53
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I took this one in 2010

From up the hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TpADHiWZ_g

from below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jkTIcr5wc
Old 29 Apr 2015, 22:47 (Ref:3531986)   #54
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
RLM experience at Spa has been mixed, wasn't anything last year, pretty certain there was in 2013, wasn't in 2012, 2011 not sure but think there might have been, so to say it's never been there is over stating things a little.
In 2013, RLM did English updates into a mostly French service.
There hasn't been an FM broadcast of RLM at Spa since the ILMC, and as they are only covering the race, and not practice or qualifying, this year, I doubt there will be an FM frequency.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3531992)   #55
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I remember the PA at Spa being tri-lingual (French-Dutch-English) for some of the bigger events (24H and (E)LMS/ILMC/WEC) but maybe that was just the 24H or a one-off?

If no/minimum english commentary on the PA (partially or full) then that would be rather poor for a world championship that likes to profile itself as 'pretty awesome' (my words)...
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3531994)   #56
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
In 2013, RLM did English updates into a mostly French service.
There hasn't been an FM broadcast of RLM at Spa since the ILMC, and as they are only covering the race, and not practice or qualifying, this year, I doubt there will be an FM frequency.
Just goes to show (a) what rose tinted retrospection will do and (b) that if push comes to shove French commentary if it's interspersed with English will keep me happy - maybe my French is better than I recall...

Distinctly recall 2013 as being a year when we did about 1.5 laps (and maybe two if we count the revisit to top of Radillon towards the end) and I was listening to FM radio pretty much throughout and happy with being aware of what went on throughout - in contrast to 2012 when one of the key actions on getting back to the hotel was to spend time fiddling about on the interweb trying to figure out what exactly went on.

Recall 2013 had pretty outstanding weather too which probably helped in the recollection stakes.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3531999)   #57
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I remember the PA at Spa being tri-lingual (French-Dutch-English) for some of the bigger events (24H and (E)LMS/ILMC/WEC) but maybe that was just the 24H or a one-off?

If no/minimum english commentary on the PA (partially or full) then that would be rather poor for a world championship that likes to profile itself as 'pretty awesome' (my words)...
Tri-lingual commentary reminds me of going to the cinema in Brussels where if you tracked down a non dubbed English movie you wee subjected to a fog of subtitles in both French and Flemish - an interesting experience...

I suspect it's a matter of time before this stops being an issue and circuits (even remote ones like Spa) have enough bandwidth for us to stream commentary in the language of our choice and geoblocking of such things doesn't get in the way.

On the PA front has anyone seriously worked out what on earth is going in a race based on that? Back in the 1980s when it was the only game in town I remember it giving hints to F1 races, but as for keeping track of a 6 Hour endurance round, especially in the current era, it seems like on hell of an ask.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 23:58 (Ref:3532005)   #58
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here in Argentina, we get FOX Sports in spanish for TUSC races, and believe me, you ends using RLM in english, because those guys don't know what it happening at all on the race.

Sadly we don't receive WEC, we have to find a streaming.

BTW, I want to thanks all those whom post streaming links.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3532028)   #59
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dang it! I just realized this race is this weekend too!ill be at laguna seca for tusc,I doubt the hotel wifi will be anywhere near capable of streaming the race.bummer......I guess on to the dvr it goes.you guys enjoy, it looks like it's going to be a great race.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 02:59 (Ref:3532036)   #60
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Might be tough to juggle watchin this Laguna and the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight in the same day.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3532066)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So are there any strips on the run off at Eau Rouge? Given the Audi penalty at Silverstone, it'll be interesting to see what happens the first time a prototype uses the tarmac here. Which will most likely happen on lap 1 tbh.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3532111)   #62
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shame we have no RLM coverage of practice, that's a bit of a step backwards.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3532112)   #63
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will there be any live stream from audi at least for the race at spa? i think there wasn't any for sliverstone.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 10:25 (Ref:3532115)   #64
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So ... practice is on, and RLM is replaying the last ELMS race? No video, no audio ...

Toyota, three Porsches, Toyota ... Audi six seconds off the pace. I guess Audi really hasn't started yet.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 10:38 (Ref:3532122)   #65
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to the G-Drive vs Jota battle this weekend, maybe some of the other LMP2 teams will get in on the act as well?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3532124)   #66
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm echoing other statements about the lack of any kind of audio, bit disappointing especially for paid up members. On another note, impressed with Hulkenberg to be straight on the pace and early times from the Strakka Dome look good!
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3532130)   #67
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know why there is a red flag?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3532132)   #68
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Anyone know why there is a red flag?
Looks like it could be to do with Nakajima. On the live timing everyone has pitted apart from him
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3532133)   #69
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
Looks like it could be to do with Nakajima. On the live timing everyone has pitted apart from him
Have the drivers' names changed since the start if practice? Seems to me that they are still showing the driver who started first, so Toyota off, but might not be Nakjima
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3532134)   #70
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
And does anyone know why the times have fallen off so far from the pace of last year? Unless I'm reading things wrong we are 15-16 seconds (!!!) slower than qualifying pace of last year. I realize this is the first session, but at Silverstone we were already ahead of the 2014 qualifying times after the first practice session.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3532135)   #71
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Right, makes sense.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3532136)   #72
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Have the drivers' names changed since the start if practice? Seems to me that they are still showing the driver who started first, so Toyota off, but might not be Nakjima
Ah didn't notice that, quite right. So all we know is that the No. 1 Toyota has stopped
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3532137)   #73
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
And does anyone know why the times have fallen off so far from the pace of last year? Unless I'm reading things wrong we are 15-16 seconds (!!!) slower than qualifying pace of last year. I realize this is the first session, but at Silverstone we were already ahead of the 2014 qualifying times after the first practice session.
heavy rain is the reason.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3532140)   #74
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nop, looks like the Toyota hit an Audi once again.

specutainment: Red flag for #1 Toyota ( and Audi #7? ) off at Les Combes #6HSpa http://t.co/GADyeDRCEh
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3532141)   #75
porman
Veteran

Quote:
Ah didn't notice that, quite right. So all we know is that the No. 1 Toyota has stopped
I hate being in the dark, so to speak. Hope the damage, if any is minimal. Has been awhile now.