Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Oct 2021, 20:38 (Ref:4079395)   #126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great, one Vette in each IMSA/WEC should work well.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...imsa-programs/
Old 21 Oct 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4079398)   #127
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Seems like a reasonable way to keep gte up to speed for le mans.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4080438)   #128
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From dailysportscar a Porton Weathertech liveried Porsche 911 GT3 R was seen testing recently. I had a green endplate to represent GTD Am.

Makes sense since the GTD Pro and GTD Am are same spec now. Although I would think Cooper could run the car as GTD Pro in Daytona with all pros. But run GTD Am the the non endurance races.

Personally I think IMSA did not go far enough they should have made GTD Am mandated to have a bronze driver unless you went silver/silver for the sprint cup races. Should bar Pro/Silver at this point. Endurance races a bit more complex for me to talk about with 3/4 drivers so I'll let someone else handle that.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4080441)   #129
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cooper wants to be in the car, he's not gonna pay to put all pros in for all but 4 races, he's not fast enough to be up front in Pro. He wants to drive and he wants to win, missing out on the points for Daytona on the years table would be a huge penalty. GTD's purpose is EXACTLY what he's doing, fund the car and hopefully a hot shoe to help you out.

GTD has to stay with Silver, Bronze would be a tough tough sell. Look at LMP3 for the bronze drivers, even then the list is thin.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4081300)   #130
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LMP3 is planning on being a popular option next season in IMSA:

https://racer.com/2021/11/02/lmp3-te...-debut-season/

Overall, I think it has worked out pretty good this season, it gives more teams and drivers an opportunity to run in mixed class events.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 00:02 (Ref:4081387)   #131
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I think we'll see more than a few LMP3 additions after running this season in Challenge. Now, could that hurt the Challenge series is important to consider? If the numbers drop too far the race looks bad, but I think it's definitely needed on the ladder
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:58 (Ref:4082072)   #132
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chances to see NASCAR Cup champion Kyle Larsson in a Ganassi or Action Express Cadillac at the Daytona 24. Pretty darn good I think? Its as if a GM driver wins the NASCAR Cup title they leave a spot for him in a DPI Caddy for the 24.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 02:41 (Ref:4082095)   #133
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
MAYBE, but he hasn't shown any interest before so not sure there. If Ganassi runs 2i would not be surprised
Old 9 Nov 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4082417)   #134
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
High Class Racing set for full season LMP2 campaign in 2022. Good too see some interest in the class for IMSA.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/h...n-lmp2-effort/
Old 9 Nov 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4082447)   #135
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
High Class Racing set for full season LMP2 campaign in 2022. Good too see some interest in the class for IMSA.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/h...n-lmp2-effort/
I can see what is going on now. The true LMP2 pro-am squads are being driven out by the rapid professionalization of the category this year and next in the WEC and even the ELMS. IMSA is becoming a more attrative option for the squads with bronze drivers.

Last edited by WyldStallion; 9 Nov 2021 at 18:46.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4082506)   #136
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to get Cetilar Racing from WEC GTE-Am to GTD according to DSC.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...22-season.html
Old 11 Nov 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4082835)   #137
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
You won't be seeing Pat Long on the grid as a driver much next year. He announced today his semi-retirement from driving. He'll continue to work with Porsche and Porsche Motorsport as an ambassador and competition consultant. Saw that on Facebook from DSC I believe.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4082838)   #138
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
In addition to a one car full season entry for both IMSA and WEC (effectively splitting Corvette Racing into two one car full season program between the two series), the C8R GTLM/GTE will be replaced by a full on GT3 car--that will also be available to customers from Corvette Racing/Pratt & Miller--from the end of 2023.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4082856)   #139
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6R Racing Fan View Post
Going to get Cetilar Racing from WEC GTE-Am to GTD according to DSC.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...22-season.html
Fantastic; I was commenting how there were no Ferrari on the grid here (Road Atlanta) today.
Old 12 Nov 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4082986)   #140
WyldStallion
Veteran

Got this good feeling the #4 Corvette will still be running at the Daytona 24 and Petit Le Mans in the 2022 season.

But with one less Corvette for the full season. IMSA GTD won't feel any less different than SRO GT World Challenge or DTM. So for someone like me, what will be the purpose to get into IMSA GT as much when you can get the same cars in those series without the prototypes getting in the way.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4083655)   #141
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
From DSC, Paul Miller Racing leaving Lamborghini.

So, nothing of future announced, but they would stay in GTD, or explore another class?

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...part-ways.html
Old 15 Nov 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4083669)   #142
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sounds like according to Dagys they were offered a Lamborghini Pro car but want to continue with Sellers/Snow. Sounds to me like GTD still but with a new program, we can all hope for a McLaren and full season presence finally. Have to wonder why being offered a GTD Pro program meant they couldn't stay with Lamborghini but what do i know?
Old 15 Nov 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4083677)   #143
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post

So, nothing of future announced, but they would stay in GTD, or explore another class?

I hope the team stays in GTD in some fashion. I thought the current lineup was good enough to give Pro a shot, but maybe they want to stay in AM? Seems like they would have something already lined up if they are leaving Lambo.

Maybe they will run the Mazda dpi next year!
Old 15 Nov 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4083681)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I hope the team stays in GTD in some fashion. I thought the current lineup was good enough to give Pro a shot, but maybe they want to stay in AM? Seems like they would have something already lined up if they are leaving Lambo.

Maybe they will run the Mazda dpi next year!
Nah, they prefer to win and finish well, see their 44% podium rate. Not a 44% turbo fire rate
Old 16 Nov 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4083724)   #145
BRANDON102287
Rookie

BRANDON102287 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post

Went to road atlanta with a few friends that made a paddock walk fire at my knee was killing me so I stayed at the car/chair up on spectator hill but one of them supposedly talked to Paul Miller and was told they are running BMW next year and the car will be a late arrival and making Daytona will be tight
Old 16 Nov 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4083819)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON102287 View Post
Went to road atlanta with a few friends that made a paddock walk fire at my knee was killing me so I stayed at the car/chair up on spectator hill but one of them supposedly talked to Paul Miller and was told they are running BMW next year and the car will be a late arrival and making Daytona will be tight
Welcome to the forum!

That would be good news if Paul Miller runs a BMW. I wonder how much of a change it will be for Sellers/Snow to run a front engined car?
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4083858)   #147
BRANDON102287
Rookie

Quote:
Welcome to the forum!

That would be good news if Paul Miller runs a BMW. I wonder how much of a change it will be for Sellers/Snow to run a front engined car?
Thanks been a Lurker on here for years and learn a lot from yall (figured id return the favor) 6 straight petites and the 6 hour last year and 5 straight sebrings and live close to VIR and lost count of how many races I have been to there. Definitely going to be different for PMR but remember reading Lambo was trying to get K Pax for GTD Pro and deadline passed and then turned there sights to PMR and they are content with there Pro-Am line up and seems like lambo customer support has been dipping and Paul Millers dealerships dont sell lambos form what I have heard
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4083865)   #148
BRANDON102287
Rookie

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/j...s-msr-for-2022

Jarvis in at MSR felt for sure he would be in a Audi again
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4083869)   #149
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/j...s-msr-for-2022

Jarvis in at MSR felt for sure he would be in a Audi again
Good stuff, I think both Jarvis and Ticknell deserve good rides next year with no more Mazda's to pedal.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4083874)   #150
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Thanks been a Lurker on here for years and learn a lot from yall (figured id return the favor) 6 straight petites and the 6 hour last year and 5 straight sebrings and live close to VIR and lost count of how many races I have been to there. Definitely going to be different for PMR but remember reading Lambo was trying to get K Pax for GTD Pro and deadline passed and then turned there sights to PMR and they are content with there Pro-Am line up and seems like lambo customer support has been dipping and Paul Millers dealerships dont sell lambos form what I have heard

Welcome! Correct on PMiller Auto not being a Lamborghini dealer-they are Porsche, Audi, BMW, etc.