Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1924783)   #551
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what happened at Modena? Liz not fast enough for them, or the car not fast enough for Liz. Or something else entirely?
Old 30 May 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1924804)   #552
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Mr. B. I can give you the official confirmation of Liz Halliday driving the Noel del Bello Courage before anyone else...

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2737&Itemid=2

When did the ACO's '24 Reasons' go up.......?
Old 30 May 2007, 18:14 (Ref:1924834)   #553
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which Halli(y)day finishes higher in the overall is not a reason to go to Le Mans. - just 23

Oreca got enough to take it to the Vettes and Astons? - a better 24
Old 30 May 2007, 18:33 (Ref:1924856)   #554
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still can't see a seat for Mr Terada....
Old 30 May 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1924866)   #555
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not now, no.......
Old 30 May 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1924890)   #556
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I still can't see a seat for Mr Terada....
T2M?
Old 30 May 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1924939)   #557
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Mr. B. I can give you the official confirmation of Liz Halliday driving the Noel del Bello Courage before anyone else...

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2737&Itemid=2
Thank you sir ..... im glad that she has a drive , should be a steady run from them .
Old 30 May 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1925003)   #558
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
T2M?

Possible, I suppose.
Old 30 May 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1925008)   #559
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Possible, I suppose.
Unless he gets to the 13 Courage... but that's a tough nut to crack....
Old 31 May 2007, 05:44 (Ref:1925133)   #560
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Be great to see Didier Cottaz back for the race ..... he was magic to watch at Tetre Rouge .....
Old 31 May 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1925169)   #561
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What's he in then - the second Courage?
Old 31 May 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1925189)   #562
The Badger
Veteran

He hasnt driven for Courage since years , the Thed Bjork car . Some kinda dissagreement with Courage . But im just saying he was great to watch and would be nice to see him back again .
Old 31 May 2007, 10:35 (Ref:1925319)   #563
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry! I thought you meant it was great to see him back..... I'll have to read these things more carefully....

Old 31 May 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1925328)   #564
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2738&Itemid=2

Robbie Kerr on the Fernandez-Kurosawa Zytek
Old 31 May 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1925387)   #565
The Badger
Veteran

Has Robbie Kerr raced at Le Mans before , the full track i mean ?
Old 31 May 2007, 13:25 (Ref:1925407)   #566
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Has Robbie Kerr raced at Le Mans before , the full track i mean ?
Not that I'm aware of. This is terrific news, the guy was pure genius in the Black Rocket in 2004!
Old 31 May 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1925519)   #567
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Not that I'm aware of. This is terrific news, the guy was pure genius in the Black Rocket in 2004!
He had pace no doubt, but pure genius?
Old 31 May 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1925587)   #568
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
He had pace no doubt, but pure genius?
Yep, pure genius!!
Old 31 May 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1925590)   #569
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Yep, pure genius!!
LoL! Didn't he have an incident or two?
Old 31 May 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1925706)   #570
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
LoL! Didn't he have an incident or two?
Well, I suppose there was a small incident involving the 'Keen/Lister one car road block' which proved a little too difficult for him to negotiate safely.........

........but, joking apart, it was the first time he had driven an LMP. And before the 'incident', he had successfully qualified the car on pole ahead of the Veloqz Audi's (driven by Herbert and McNish respectively), and the Creation which was being peddled by Nic Minassian. He led the race for the first stint, recaptured the lead having lost it during the first pitstops, and was comfortably controlling the race from the front. It was (at the time) the most impressed I had been by a driver in an endurance event for a number of years.

Consider also the relative A1 pace/success Robbie has enjoyed in the meantime vs other A1 drivers who are, or have been, involved in endurance racing, and I think you'll agree the 'pure genius' tag is perhaps a little nearer the mark than it appeared at first.

Old 31 May 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1925718)   #571
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He clearly will have the pace. Will he be able to cast aside a single-seater mentality that every corner matters? ...looking for gaps that don't really exist etc etc.

I have my doubts as to whether he will have the patience but if he is able to exert the controlled aggression of an endurance racer he will have taken a step up in my view.
Old 31 May 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1925736)   #572
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
He clearly will have the pace. Will he be able to cast aside a single-seater mentality that every corner matters? ...looking for gaps that don't really exist etc etc.

I have my doubts as to whether he will have the patience but if he is able to exert the controlled aggression of an endurance racer he will have taken a step up in my view.
I think you're assessment of him is spot on. He's three years older, let's just hope he's three years wiser!

It does occur to me that (if Robbie is allowed to do the quicks in qualifying) we could be in for a thrilling shootout for the LMP2 pole between he and Michael Vergers!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 09:46 (Ref:1926073)   #573
The Badger
Veteran

Some nice new pics on end-info .

Black and dayglo orange for the PSI C6R and a nice blue for the Lowe's Zytek ..... Not "powder blue" dj choc ice either !!!

Little Spyker looks beautiful too .
Old 1 Jun 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1926096)   #574
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the article on E-I mentions David Smet on the PSI Corvette. For those of you that think "Who the ... is that", David Smet = David Halliday.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1926146)   #575
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi guys - first time I've posted in here, I believe. I've been keeping my own entry list and I've got a couple of queries I'd be grateful if you could help me with:

1) Pierre Bruneau: I've seen 2 different line-ups around - Rostan/Bruneau/Pullan and Rostan/Pickering/McAllister. Any ideas which it might be?

2) the 006 (?) Larbre Aston: Same again - Fisken/Franchi/Zacchia and Fisken/Bornhauer/Berville. Any ideas?

Great to see it's all finally starting to come together