Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3939220)   #5576
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Any film with a plot revolving around Le Mans has to be good for the sport, even if the plot is far from the truth!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3939238)   #5577
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
D'accord avec vous, Mike, même si parfois la réalité dépasse la fiction!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3939256)   #5578
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I see the yougsters are getting a cut in their competition costs.....no race licence medicals needed for under 60s from next year........pity its nine years too late for me
Old 8 Nov 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3939261)   #5579
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I see the yougsters are getting a cut in their competition costs.....no race licence medicals needed for under 60s from next year........pity its nine years too late for me
Me too lanky. Grrrrrr
Old 8 Nov 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3939268)   #5580
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Does that mean you’ve had your renewal form?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3939273)   #5581
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was mentioned in an MSUK bulletin.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3939289)   #5582
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it was.

Long time since I’ve been called a youngster!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 21:42 (Ref:3939306)   #5583
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Does that mean you’ve had your renewal form?

No, as said in a bulletin - I think the renewals are due on the 18th......that's when we'll find out how much the licence fees are going up - although starter non-race licence will be free

Permit fees going up to to cover increased insurance fees, too, I think.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3939311)   #5584
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My three years are up on stressed ECG so it’s a big pay out for me .
Old 9 Nov 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3939386)   #5585
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ill be having the ecg again. Even if I'm not racing it'll be useful to know how I'm doing. And I still hope to get out sometime next year.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3939396)   #5586
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Strange that the ECG is not mandatory here atm, only recommended for drivers above 60 every two years if I'm right. Same for the view.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3939423)   #5587
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This ECG thing all seems very Ageist in our 'modern' world.

Could one consider the option of 'identifying' as being, say, 26 and thus claiming that no older persons terms and conditions can be applied?

Old 9 Nov 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3939425)   #5588
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry I can't fully agree with you. We had several lethal accidents here involving drivers or riders suffering a heart attack. OK, an ECG won't prevent everything but I feel its a good thing at least in historic. Just my opinion and, thank you, my heart is monitored on a regular basis and seems all right… so far!
Like an insurance, seems useless or expensive before an accident!
Old 9 Nov 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3939426)   #5589
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One has to bear in mind that having an ECG as part of a medical for a licence, whether that be for motor racing or flying, is in reality no different to an MOT, or whatever your national vehicle test may be called; it's a snapshot of what is happening at that precise moment in time.

Yes, it may detect those who already have an underlying coronary condition, but otherwise it is highly unlikely to predict that the patient is going to be subject to anything untoward such as a heart attack.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3939427)   #5590
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True and indeed that's how I view it.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3939430)   #5591
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sorry I can't fully agree with you. We had several lethal accidents here involving drivers or riders suffering a heart attack. OK, an ECG won't prevent everything but I feel its a good thing at least in historic. Just my opinion and, thank you, my heart is monitored on a regular basis and seems all right… so far!
A racing mate of mine was a heart surgeon until recent retirement.
He is firmly of the opinion that the stress ECG is more likely to bring on a heart attack than anything else; he doesnt recommend it as a licence requirement and wrote to the MSA (as it was then)to say so.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3939431)   #5592
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you Andy, will make me see things from a different point of view. I'll try my best to stay in good condition, at least till mid January…
Old 9 Nov 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3939433)   #5593
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Le Mans 66, the movie. Who will watch this one?
Me, if I can find it.

Now that half term is over, perhaps it will finally replace Shaun Le Mouton at Arras cinema!

See there is a special display of tractors at Retromobile, Gerard? Not sure that will be tempting enough for a certain someone...
Old 9 Nov 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3939439)   #5594
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hi John! Hope life treats you well. You're right, the classic farm tractors market seems quite attractive but will it be for the average Rétromobile visitor is a good question though. Guess the '50 BRM Type 15 will be successful. What about E.B sending the sound from his mobile phone?
Old 9 Nov 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3939440)   #5595
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Guess what? May be Bauble could send a picture from the original driver!
You can watch the movie from 13th of November at Arras Megarama. if not satisfied, vous pouvez vous rendre en Belgique, Ã* Courtrai aussi dit Kortrijk en patois local! No choice in your area, it will be the french speaking version, VF, subtitles in Japanese… Enjoy it!

Last edited by Gerard C; 9 Nov 2019 at 14:08.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3939444)   #5596
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It starts here on Thursday which is the 14th.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3939456)   #5597
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope Hollywood improved the scrip, may be with a Porsche win…*With those people you never know!
Old 9 Nov 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3939485)   #5598
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Ah, but young people can have heart attacks too.

Not so much 20s, though not unheard of. But certainly 40s and 50s.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3939490)   #5599
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

For those with a special place in their hearts for older cars - here's a rant that suggests some issues with the potential case for today's exotic cars when they become old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJ_Mrdc2GY

If you want some background that's Historics relevant on this guy try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzmM5KTZeH4
Old 9 Nov 2019, 23:25 (Ref:3939543)   #5600
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick summary . Hope you don't mind :)

Well after probably some of the worst couple of days and continue to be mental health wise I went to Brands for the last meeting of the year for me for the Britcar Night race.

Great experience. Was quite surreal seeing David Brabham driving a Brabham BT62 along the Brabham Straight. The car was mega, sounds a bit like a Aussie V8 with some awesome back fire. It duly won the race.

Relatively small meeting but was lovely ( although personally overshadowed by my own health) to see some club racing again. Was some great battles in the Saloons and Minis espescially in the rain. Having never seen Night raving at Brands it was quite surreal to see. Another event ticked off.

Seen everything from a 1920s Pre War Alfa to a 2019 Brabham.
Been a great year racing wise for me with 16 days at events across 13 events.

Now onto the WEC 4 Hours at 3 am tomorrow morning .

Thankyou everybody this year, been a pleasure talking about the various meetings wih you all throughout. Just wished I could have met more of you in person. Been a tough year but this small bit of internet has really helped through the tough times.

Cheers
Will
Closed Thread