Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 17 Dec 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1182124)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Well its time for my retro 1960's look on my car (I'll post a pic later - It was in MN a few weeks ago in the BRDC MC piece). Question is being a historic in a modern series do I run numbers with or without a roundel? I cant decide!
Well for a start its a 70's Beetle without the doors so you need to get that really awful orangey yellow colour they used for the "Jeans" Beetle.

Then you need to add rust around the edges of the bodywork. (I know its GRP so paint it on).

A denim finish to the seat would also be in period.

There. That should do it!

Of course you could always take it back to either Niki's or "the Hen's" colour scheme. And yes roundels definitely.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1182446)   #52
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he wont exactly match a previous scheme as he wants to make it his own. As of last night the leaning is nose band an no roundel.

The jeans beetle colour is close second
Old 18 Dec 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1182561)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Problem comes with th eBlue Book. You have to have a white background so it'll either need to be squares or roundels. Thus roundels are best for the type of car.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1182696)   #54
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Check it again Peter - except for vehicles of periods a - e...

Which my car fits into - just!
Old 19 Dec 2004, 07:48 (Ref:1182995)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Being 2000 miles away from it I was working from memory. Fair enough.

So its the Jeans Beetlke with the rusty edges then
Old 19 Dec 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1183331)   #56
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok,i have made a decision on the roundals...I think you should take them of, I think it will look so much better without them and once it is all finished.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1183393)   #57
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
For what it's worth, I tried white roundals with black numbers on mine and it looked dreadful. I also tried white rectangles and that was just as bad so I decided to go for white numbers with no roundals (see avatar) and see what was said. I've done four meetings in the car and no one has commented on them. even though they aren't strictly by the Blue Book. I would guess that so long as the numbers really stand out and can't be confused with sponsor logos etc., then that's all the officials are really concerned about.