Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Apr 2007, 11:12 (Ref:1886288)   #1
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Any idea who's going to replace Enge at AMR?

I know he was set to drive for AMR at Le Mans, but now he's out of action until July which would have him missing the race in June.

There several people for them to choose from Im sure its not hard, but some insight would be nice.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1886393)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A chance for someone else to grab the class pole for a change

There will be no shortage of drivers. Will the nab someone who already has a drive? Le Mans will be with us before you know it, but they have a little time to sort this.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1886481)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nooooo .. was hoping he'd be back for LeMans .. LeMans qualy isn't the same without Enge

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Apr 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1886508)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I would not totally dismiss him, participating in the LeMans test (mandatory I believe?) would put him at only 7 weeks after the reconstructive surgery. Heck qualifying is only 8 1/2 weeks after.

Maybe they will move Jamie Davies into the full "works" car and leave Babini, Mondini and Monfardini in the BMS car.?

L.P.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1886521)   #5
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Davis in the factory car but he is a contracted Pirelli driver and AMR will be racing on Michelins, at least I hope they will, so I fear poliics/contracts could get in the way.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1886820)   #6
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
I was looking at the entry list again and Aston Martin has loaded the deck vs Corvette Racing. 5 Aston Martins vs basically 2 Corvettes, because I just don't see any of the private Corvettes challenge for more than 3rd place and it looks like they'll be squeezed out by the sheer number of competitive cars that could win the class overall.

But yes Davies deserves a chance though it possible he would be in any of the Semi-works Astons anyway. Modena is on Michelins and I believe so is BMS, I think.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 22:56 (Ref:1886823)   #7
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really, its; 2 "Works" Astons, 3 "Factory Backed" Astons and 1 Privateer Aston. Up against 2 Works Vettes and some privateer ones, who I would suspect will get some help leading up to the race itself. 6 versus 5 is hardly loading the deck.

That all aside, I'm betting on the Oreca prepared Saleens to cause and upset. They should excell on the high speed straights. Not forgetting that the Saleens are also Works cars, so not to be thought of lightly.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 04:27 (Ref:1886959)   #8
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Allan Simonson test and is in one of the reserve Astons...so he could be in with a decent chance
Old 9 Apr 2007, 05:41 (Ref:1886972)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
grab Guy Smith and stick him in an Aston !!!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1886991)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
Not really, its; 2 "Works" Astons, 3 "Factory Backed" Astons and 1 Privateer Aston. Up against 2 Works Vettes and some privateer ones, who I would suspect will get some help leading up to the race itself. 6 versus 5 is hardly loading the deck.

That all aside, I'm betting on the Oreca prepared Saleens to cause and upset. They should excell on the high speed straights. Not forgetting that the Saleens are also Works cars, so not to be thought of lightly.
I'm not dismissing the Saleens either and neither is Corvette according to Fehans comments.

L.P.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 07:43 (Ref:1887015)   #11
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
How I see the private Corvettes is who is in the driver's seat. We all know who the lead driver his and his 2nd and 3rd should be pretty good, but I dunno if they'll be able to beat the not only the works Covettes, let alone the Saleens and 4 out of the 5 Astons and in my estimation that is a loaded deck vs GM.

My heart is with Team Oreca and the Saleens, my wallet is with Prodrive/AMR as this track owes them plenty especially after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory 2 years in a row.

In either case, Corvette will have to push and you know what happen LAST time they really had to push...
Old 9 Apr 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1887301)   #12
The Tour
Rookie

England
Croydon
The Tour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Antonio Garcia has the best experience of the Aston Martin/Michelin combination and he has certainly shown good speed and consistency for Team Modena over the last year or so???

As for the comments on the race. As a Brit my loyalties obviously lie with AMR but I think those Saleens will give the Vette's and Aston's a run for their money. They seem to be getting faster and faster each year and whilst they used to be a little fragile they claim to have come through the Paul Ricard 24hr test without too many probs. Monza this weekend will be a good pointer as to thier speed.

Best wishes to Tomas and maybe a miracle recovery!!!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1887342)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Garcia is driving the Modena Aston Martin at LM.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1887459)   #14
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
While I would not totally dismiss him, participating in the LeMans test (mandatory I believe?) would put him at only 7 weeks after the reconstructive surgery. Heck qualifying is only 8 1/2 weeks after.
I don't think the test day is mandatory if you've driven at LM before, although I may be wrong.

What is definitely mandatory is getting in the 3 night laps during qualifying that are within a certain percentage of the polesitter's time.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1887577)   #15
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
I don't think the test day is mandatory if you've driven at LM before, although I may be wrong.

What is definitely mandatory is getting in the 3 night laps during qualifying that are within a certain percentage of the polesitter's time.
Here is some food for thought then.

What is the title of this list??? http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/re...irmes_2007.pdf

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...CR_390_gb.html Paying particular attention to the last paragraph.

pg.#'s 8 & 9 chapter II articles 2 & in particular 3 http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...pendix_L_a.pdf

L.P.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 06:17 (Ref:1887691)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What about Simonsen replaceing Enge , or Jason Bright ?

Did he impress in the AMR teat a few weeks ago ?
Old 10 Apr 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1887769)   #17
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
What about Simonsen replaceing Enge , or Jason Bright ?

Did he impress in the AMR teat a few weeks ago ?
I would doubt Jason Bright would be considered. As far as I'm aware the reason he got a seat in the Aston at Sebring was because he was racing at Ford Performance Racing in Australia which is part of Prodrive. He has now moved to his own team, Britek, which are not affiliated with Prodrive.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 16:08 (Ref:1888132)   #18
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enge's target is to be ready for Le Mans.

from Scuderia Ecosse:
Quote:
Scuderia Ecosse driver Tomas Enge is on the mend after his recent crash in the last round of the American Le Mans Series. The popular Czech is in very good spirits and had this to say last night:
“I had three hours of surgery on my left elbow last Friday; the doctor put in plates and screws to fix it and said he was very happy with the way it came together. I don’t have a cast, just a soft bandage, so I am already able to move the joint, but I have to be careful not to apply any weight to it. My physiotherapy programme starts tomorrow and this will be reviewed in two weeks’ time when they take my stitches out. I am staying here in Indianapolis as it is the best place for my rehabilitation; they have seen quite a few racing drivers here! I can’t wait to get back in a racing car. My target is the Le Mans 24 Hours but I may heal faster than that, or slower, who knows?! I am taking it one step at a time but every day I wake up more positive and more motivated.”
Old 10 Apr 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1888143)   #19
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sadly,i doubt he'll be at le mans. perhaps AMR could use somebody like Darren Turner or perhaps Andrew Kirkcaldy
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:47 (Ref:1888233)   #20
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Here is some food for thought then.
Good research!

As I read it, the completion of his healing process will need to be signed off on by a doctor recognized by his ASN before he can compete in another international event. That's fine - it just means he'll have to stop off in the Czech Rep. before he gets to Le Mans, and hope that the doc will clear him for competition (which he will of course - it's in the Czech ASN's interest to have their top driver compete at LM).

And since Enge is on the list of those automatically eligible to take part in both the test day AND qualifying, I would take that to mean he doesn't need to attend the test day in order to take part in qualifying.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1888268)   #21
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachy101
sadly,i doubt he'll be at le mans. perhaps AMR could use somebody like Darren Turner or perhaps Andrew Kirkcaldy
Darren Turner will be driving the 009 car. he has been driving for AMR for the entire program. Andrew Kirkaldy will be driving for Scudreia Ecosse I assume.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 18:23 (Ref:1888276)   #22
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well - based on the Mansell being pursuaded to drive the Ecosse Ferrari in place of Enge - if that goes well...? maybe?

Would be a massive PR coup for Aston Martin Racing if they could
Old 10 Apr 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1888304)   #23
The Tour
Rookie

England
Croydon
The Tour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Garcia is driving the Modena Aston Martin at LM.
I know Garcia is listed to drive for Modena but I am sure it wouldn't take too much for the works team to change that if they really wanted him???

Whilst some of the drivers mentioned are good I really dont want some PR friendly choice. Surely it should be about winning and therefore I would give the job to someone who has Aston Martin/Michelin experience.

Just my opinion, but hey If Michael Schumacher isn't busy that weekend.........
Old 10 Apr 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1888381)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tour

Just my opinion, but hey If Michael Schumacher isn't busy that weekend.........

He'd have to learn the circuit again - it's changed a bit since 1991......

TGF at Le Mans

Besides, he's probably got a Fiat commercial to film anyway..... Guess he'll need the money now he's retired......
Old 11 Apr 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1889262)   #25
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
If Tomas will get to LM in time,how much wil the strain be on his arm?
How much is the strain on the arms anyways?
These cars having steering servo's,how much muscleforce does one need?

It would be such a bummer NOT to see him in the leading Aston.
I mean,talk of a dream drivers line up Kox, Herbert AND Tomas Enge....