Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Apr 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1890618)   #76
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLLRNNN
I agree, as I live some 30 miles away, I used to have this problem, now I get around this by turning up late at night and sleep in my car until the morning I am due to sign on which I literally did on Saturday
My journey was roughly 130 miles, but it was the last 15-20 miles which were the confusing ones. Even Cadwell has better sign posts. MSV are doing some great things for British circuits, I won't deny that, but the lack of navigational help to the circuit is a little bit negative. I guess they presumed most people would be using sat-nav.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1890649)   #77
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coming from the M6, I've always found that if you cut through Little Budworth, you come along the road ahead of where everyone (presumably from Chester way) is trying to pull out and you never have to wait long to get in. Getting out of the one main exit at the end of a busy day is a different story however, but I've never waited there as long as I waited to get out of Rockingham when Daniel Beddingfield had drawn in a million Corby teenagers!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 18:26 (Ref:1892232)   #78
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportUK
Coming from the M6, I've always found that if you cut through Little Budworth, you come along the road ahead of where everyone (presumably from Chester way) is trying to pull out and you never have to wait long to get in.
That is not advisable.

BRSCC (maybe other) programmes for their meetings include the following request:

'May we ask spectators, officials & competitors to approach & leave the circuit by way of Park Road & not drive through Little Budworth village whenever possible. Thank you for your cooperation.'

It's a trade-off: a small inconvenience for you against the circuit's relations with its neighbours, not all of whom are that friendly.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1892738)   #79
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if you don't go through the village, just up the next little road, it brings you out in front of the junction with all the traffic coming from the other way. Seems to be that junction where the cars are getting backed up. Never had to wait all that long to get into Oulton from the M6 direction.

I retract my previous statement about Little Budworth