Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 5 Nov 2003, 16:46 (Ref:773982)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newsletter Writers Wanted

During the off season when we will have few race reports to print, I'd like to invite anyone who has an idea relating to motorsport to write a couple of pages about it to share with the community. If you'd like to do a season review, a "soapbox" piece on safety in motorsport (or why too much fencing is the curse of the photographers), a profile of a favourite (or not-favourite) driver, or an article on your own racing career or memories of a race you've attended or a person from the racing community you've met, we'd love to hear about it.

We'd also like to read race reports about any kind of racing that continues in the official "off season" -- ice racing, snowmobile racing, boat racing, etc.

Think about it and give us a try!

We're also always looking for correspondents in racing series for the next racing season -- either for series we are covering or series we have yet to cover. We will need a new World Rally correspondent next year as Simon Spode has let us know the pressure of other commitments will require him to give up his position for next season. We're also looking for people who would like to write race reports for CART and the ALMS or Grand Am, the FIA-GT, and any NASCAR series.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 12:12 (Ref:774737)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am willing to help on the World Rally front. My exams are over in a week or two then I have three months of relative calm.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 18:20 (Ref:776206)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm Liz, I was writing Jacques Villeneuve columns in a website, but I could write CART reports if no one else does it. Trouble is, I'm always depending on Eurosport whether I can watch the races...
Old 8 Nov 2003, 06:24 (Ref:776607)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's easy - just pretend it's one long post on this forum...just leave out the profanity or ****.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 8 Nov 2003, 19:19 (Ref:777114)   #5
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there
im willing to write anything about f1 and also would write a driver profile about jv let me know
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:23 (Ref:778189)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of you, take up your pens and start writing! Jay is right -- if you can write a good post on the forums, you can write for the Newsletter. Jordi, if you can write even some CART reports, that would be great. Let me know which ones you're going to write and perhaps we can recruit a "helper" to write the other reports with you.

David, your offer of Rally coverage is a life saver. Simon has done such a marvelous job for long that I was despairing of getting anyone to follow in his footsteps. Features and reviews are also welcome from anyone else who wants to write them.

And KatieKnight, I'd love to driver profile of any JV (I am guessing you mean Jacques, though.) Also if you'd like to write any other features or reviews, please send them in.

Anybody else? You don't have to sign up in advance, just send in whatever you write. If it's motorsport, we want it.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:39 (Ref:778199)   #7
Katieknight1984
Rookie

hi
i was wondering where it had to be sent and when
thanks
katie
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:02 (Ref:779181)   #8
Liz
Veteran

newsletter@ten-tenths.com

And you can send it in whenever you get it done. (I put the newsletter together Sunday afternoons ET and send them out around 6:00 p.m. ET.)
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:28 (Ref:779208)   #9
Katieknight1984
Rookie

is the any limit to the amount your allowed to write
Old 11 Nov 2003, 00:58 (Ref:779375)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, since there's no schedule or anything to speak of for 2004, I still can't say which races will cover, which not. I plan to for now do a 2003 season review, to appear in no later than 2 weeks...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 12:45 (Ref:779754)   #11
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like this idea, although the newsletter is always brilliant it could be even better with more views and writers...i'll give it a go!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 21:22 (Ref:780280)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Good! That's what we want -- more writers and more variety of views!

The length should be no more than two pages, no tables or exotic formatting as it goes in Plain Text, and of course be mindful of the fact that although we welcome all opinions, we don't want to attract the attention of lawyers. "Driver X is a cheating skunk and I have proof!" will not fly.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 23:08 (Ref:780385)   #13
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheating!

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
"Driver X is a cheating skunk and I have proof!" will not fly.
But he MUST be cheating! :confused: He pulled out and passed me on the straight and I'm cheating!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:30 (Ref:780895)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Liz, I have no idea what I'll write about, but if inspiration strikes I shall do my best to contribute. I always say I'd love to get into writing articles that may one day be published, but I never seem to do anything about it. If the inertia is released somehow, I'll let you know
Old 12 Nov 2003, 12:28 (Ref:780939)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Good -- why not write about the sorry state of WRC in light of the Welsh Police Initiative? You appear to have fairly well developed opinions on that subject!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 12:29 (Ref:780940)   #16
Liz
Veteran

And I'd love to have a piece on Tommi or Carlos or Colin -- all either going or gone from the WRC stage after long and colourful careers.

Jordi, a week's notice will be plenty regarding which CART races you will report.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 20:01 (Ref:781353)   #17
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'll write up a report about the time my wife stabbed herself in the knee, while stealing signage from a pedestrian bridge at MIS, not ten yards away from two State Troopers.

On second thought... Maybe not.
Had a good ending, though. Great race!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 20:16 (Ref:781364)   #18
Liz
Veteran

"A funny thing happened on the way to/from the race"? Or even "a funny thing happened at the race" or "a funny thing I saw at the race"?
Old 12 Nov 2003, 20:34 (Ref:781383)   #19
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Got tons of 'em. Probably everyone around here does! The offseason is a long one, and I'll do somptin' for ya, Liz. Promise.

In your last post, replace "funny thing" with "bikini top" and I'll have megatons of 'em! And could likely contribute a photo gallery!

(What did people do before the zoom-lens?)
Old 13 Nov 2003, 06:10 (Ref:781680)   #20
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good macdad
Old 13 Nov 2003, 16:11 (Ref:782163)   #21
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just don't nick my "Letter to..." that I used to do and will reseurect as soon as I get proper access to my machine at home
Old 13 Nov 2003, 17:56 (Ref:782253)   #22
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I hope to finish the CART review today or tomorrow (it's not too dense, rather light actually). And maybe do a piece on Carlos the next one. Here's a proud member of his fan club!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 21:26 (Ref:782458)   #23
Liz
Veteran

I am a big Carlos fan too, and will be a Solberg fan when he's about 15 years older...
Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:11 (Ref:782613)   #24
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz, I'd be happy to start the Chat Room newsletter again as a section in the official news letter, as long as I get enough time to actually start it again! lol I'll PM you if/when I'm ready to start again. Thanks
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 14 Nov 2003, 12:58 (Ref:783155)   #25
Liz
Veteran

OK, that will be great, RG.