Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 7 Dec 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1173486)   #1
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Colour Schemes and Paint Jobs

Hi all, and how many of you are knee deep in bits preparing your cars for next year. The lucky ones will have them nearly ready, and a few may even have got to the painting stagen, if you've decided to freshen up the old girl that is. Either way, as you can see from the little piccy to the left, I've gone for a rather subtle colour scheme for 2005, to match my national flag. do any of you have bold, subtle, unusual, or just simply tasteful colour schemes you'd like to share?

(Remember you can post a piccy in this area using an image link to a URL of the pic - see FAQ for more details)

Old 7 Dec 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1173685)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well after a year or two of standard blue we got sick of not being able to notice the car by the trackside. It just didn't stand out. So we changed it dramatically, it is losely based on the Silk Cut Colours (see side panel graphics), but it is much lighter for the telly ( ). See this gallery and my avatar.

Next year and it's a new car - we haven't decided what to do yet. Maybe a repilca of an old racer or maybe just something that is noticeable.

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Dec 2004 at 18:48. Reason: wrong link
Old 7 Dec 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1173755)   #3
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
If I put my little screen pointy thing over the two green squares under your name it says... " Adam Ashmore should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid".

Sorry Adam. just couldn't resist that!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1173783)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair that is pretty accurate from this year!
and it is more or less five ahead of you!

Actually that would be a miracle at the moment! The engine is in a different place to the rest of the car!
Old 8 Dec 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1174113)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm keeping the same colour scheme. Only engine and drivetrain rebuilds this year.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1174197)   #6
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to change the scheme on my car for next year. It is plain red at the moment(see avtar). iI am a signwriter and i cant have a plain car .
The cars owner has always liked the Le-mans wining mazda 787B.
So we have decided to do the scheme on the rx7.
Here is a pic of another car already done by someone else. I need to pull the engine out to be rebuilt, so i hope to do that over chistmas and then bring the car home to do the new colours.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 8 Dec 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1174248)   #7
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just about got the car looking how i wanted it at the end of last season then blew the engine at the first race it attended all finished... it's been sat in the garage since then under a dust sheet!

There'sa picture on the homepage of my website www.zonemotorsport.co.uk
Old 8 Dec 2004, 20:15 (Ref:1174678)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Can't make my mind up on

or

Old 8 Dec 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1174765)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see the problem.

Buy a proper racing car.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 23:06 (Ref:1174826)   #10
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I can see the problem.

Buy a proper racing car.
I think someone who makes comments like that should either put-up or shut-up... so let's see what you've got in the garage then
Old 9 Dec 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1175042)   #11
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had no plans to change the colour scheme of my car, but then i had no plans to go into the tyre wall at brands and end up reshelling the car!
Old 9 Dec 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1175043)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38
I think someone who makes comments like that should either put-up or shut-up... so let's see what you've got in the garage then
You can view it on my website.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 09:10 (Ref:1175084)   #13
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Methinks "People in glass houses....."

Nice paint job though

Last edited by dtype38; 9 Dec 2004 at 09:11.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1175089)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Did I say it was a real racing car?

However the bodywork is looked after by Paulerspury Coachwaoks. Gentleman by the name of David Axisa.

The paintjob is the 1978 to 81 Belga Capri colours used initially by Gordon Spice and Teddy Pillette on the Spa 24hrs winner.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 9 Dec 2004 at 09:17. Reason: The usual - Spelling!!!
Old 9 Dec 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1175207)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
fizzy pi$$ beer companies don't do racing car colour schemes, but if they did they'd probably look like this

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk/
Old 9 Dec 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1175313)   #16
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Zefarelly... nice site, excellent pictures, would recommend you all to visit. Not quite sure which nozzel is the one that throbs, but maybe you could ask for answers-on-a-postcard. Also, the header on your site looks hauntingly familiar.... Hornby Railway perhaps ??
Old 9 Dec 2004, 14:48 (Ref:1175342)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
fizzy pi$$ beer companies don't do racing car colour schemes, but if they did they'd probably look like this

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk/
zefarelly, nice to see your site up and running at long last. What car did your dad have?
Old 9 Dec 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1175345)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
i had no plans to change the colour scheme of my car, but then i had no plans to go into the tyre wall at brands and end up reshelling the car!
Didn't realise it was that bad Graham, mind you it was getting dirty
Old 10 Dec 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1175856)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Zefarelly... nice site, excellent pictures, would recommend you all to visit. Not quite sure which nozzel is the one that throbs, but maybe you could ask for answers-on-a-postcard. Also, the header on your site looks hauntingly familiar.... Hornby Railway perhaps ??
Link added Here
Old 10 Dec 2004, 09:38 (Ref:1175960)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thanks Pete

My Dad has, or I now have about 2 Reliant scimitar GTE's, chassis and shell fully restored, the rest still to do, unfortunately its far too good to race, although 'fast road' springs to mind

if its a bit hornbyeque, I'll blame my brother, he did the header bit ! I'll be adding a history soon which explains the throbnozzle bit . . . . and some more info and race stuff
Old 10 Dec 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1176002)   #21
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe in consitancey so the car will remain royal blue for the foreseable future or until I can find a sponsor then I will paint it any colour they want
Old 11 Dec 2004, 01:18 (Ref:1176720)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
I want to change the scheme on my car for next year. It is plain red at the moment(see avtar). iI am a signwriter and i cant have a plain car .
The cars owner has always liked the Le-mans wining mazda 787B.
So we have decided to do the scheme on the rx7.
Here is a pic of another car already done by someone else. I need to pull the engine out to be rebuilt, so i hope to do that over chistmas and then bring the car home to do the new colours.

Its certainly a nice design... are you totally replicating it?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1177128)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I can see the problem.

Buy a proper racing car.

Quote:
Methinks "People in glass houses....."

Nice paint job though
Quite agree dtype38, and let's not forget that our cars are a damn site stronger than Capris

Last edited by Tim Falce; 11 Dec 2004 at 17:48.
Old 11 Dec 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1177161)   #24
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Well, more impact absorbant at least. My only recorded impact is with a Jaguar XJS and I believe it was a score-draw...
Old 12 Dec 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1177444)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well, more impact absorbant at least. My only recorded impact is with a Jaguar XJS and I believe it was a score-draw...
True, I think they are called crumple zones that spring back