Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Apr 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1891791)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
British GT, Donington 21/22 Apr

Anyone have a timetable for this meeting. I've tried BRSCC, Donington, British GT, MST and Belcar websites but not found one yet.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1891809)   #2
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

Same problem here I'm afraid. Need to know what time things are on on Saturday as I am at Rockingham Sunday for the BTCC so won't be able to see the race at Donington, have to make do with qualifying.

Regards

Tim
Old 15 Apr 2007, 13:49 (Ref:1891918)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it's not a single 2-hour event like it has been at Donington in recent years, so Tim you'll probably get to see race one. No idea which day Belcar is racing, though. Either way, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1892005)   #4
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is what you are after redshoes.

http://www.sro-belgium.be/images/sto...2012-04-07.pdf
Old 15 Apr 2007, 15:44 (Ref:1892033)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That's the one, thanks. Needed to decide if I was going to be there both days, just Sun, or just Sat and Rockingham on Sun. Looks like just Sunday.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1892255)   #6
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Well it's not a single 2-hour event like it has been at Donington in recent years, so Tim you'll probably get to see race one. No idea which day Belcar is racing, though. Either way, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
Hi there,

Thanks for that I thought Donington was scheduled as a single 2 hour race this year. Guess I was wrong.

Looking at the timetable I am tempted to go Saturday afternoon and catch this little lot

13.25 – 13.40 Avon Tyres British GT Championship Qualifying
13.50 – 14.05 Avon Tyres British GT Championship Qualifying
14.15 – 14.35 Volkswagen Racing Cup Championship Qualifying
14.45 – 15.30 MVDB Belgian GT Championship Qualifying 1
15.40 – 16.10 Lloyds TSB British F3 Championship Qualifying
16.25 – 17.25 Avon Tyres British GT Championship Race 1
17.40 – 18.25 MVDB Belgian GT Championship Qualifying 2

Although I am not bothered about the F3 Qualifying so will probably have a wander while this is on.

Regards

Tim
Old 16 Apr 2007, 05:59 (Ref:1892689)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ooh, looks like the Heritage GT's are there too - remove Formula Ford and it would be a really fabulous lineup!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1892718)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

Knowing Forumla Ford, they will probably remove themselves, somewhere around Redgate on lap 1.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1893427)   #9
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And to whet the appetite further:

http://www.sro-belgium.be/images/sto...0donington.pdf
Old 16 Apr 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1893434)   #10
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remove the formula ford and replace it with formula palmer audi. anyway, i reckon it would be interesting if they mixed the Belcar and the British GT together for that race. lol. perhaps the ferraris and moslers of the British GT show the series strength against the continental series
Old 17 Apr 2007, 05:55 (Ref:1893558)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by renkadima
Interesting! As far as GT3 goes, the only "different" car to the BGT guys will be GLPK's 'Vette, but the other two classes look interesting - particularly div.3! Biturbos, an RSR, a Mosler MT900R and an Ultima GTR. It may not be what it used to be, but with those cars Belcar still has a variety of cars not seen anywhere else. I'm looking forward even more to this weekend now!

I'm interested to know what engine is in Belgium Racing's Ultima?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachy101
i reckon it would be interesting if they mixed the Belcar and the British GT together for that race. lol. perhaps the ferraris and moslers of the British GT show the series strength against the continental series
Would certainly be interesting. I remember when BGT used to have it's single abroad race at Spa - I know it's perhaps a daft idea but it would be great to see BGT join the Belcar's at the Zolder 24 hours!

Last edited by TheNewBob; 17 Apr 2007 at 05:58.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1893728)   #12
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Would certainly be interesting. I remember when BGT used to have it's single abroad race at Spa - I know it's perhaps a daft idea but it would be great to see BGT join the Belcar's at the Zolder 24 hours!

Not a daft idea at all. The Zolder 24 is a 'GT3 Festival' and is apparently open to all GT3 entrants.

The only problem is that BGT is at Thruxton that weekend!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1893743)   #13
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will there be any change in the Vipers' spec or will they continue to be uncompetitive?
Old 17 Apr 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1893766)   #14
Dragaan
Rookie

Dragaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Will there be any change in the Vipers' spec or will they continue to be uncompetitive?
According to reports, there will be improvements. Whether they will be enough is yet to be seen. I have a clip of a 430 overtaking the RPM viper at lodge showing the advantages that the ferrari has over the viper. I'll try to get it uploaded.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1893803)   #15
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In fairness I did notice a lot of variation on the performance of the same type of cars. I would think that the cars are just too new for most and probably there is a lot to be gained from experience from both teams and drivers.

What I do find strange though (correct me if I am wrong) is that there was no equalization test before the BGT series started. I would think that due to the different tyres, 07 updated packages et all that would have been a good idea.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 12:28 (Ref:1893807)   #16
Dragaan
Rookie

Here's the link to the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEwelzS3pU

Apparently there were preseason tests, but at the last minute the Vipers had a whole load more dumped on them. Up until that point they were competitive.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1893877)   #17
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragaan
Apparently there were preseason tests, but at the last minute the Vipers had a whole load more dumped on them. Up until that point they were competitive.
The tests were run on Michelin tyres though which could well be the problem, although Christophe Bouchout (FIA GT3 test driver) said that it wouldn't.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1893892)   #18
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see variety in the line-up; maybe without the Ginettas there'll be a full days racing.

Heritage GT is always good to watch, but can someone fill me in on Belcar. Didn't they race at Brands Hatch but had problems with noise?; probably not a problem next to an international airport. The entry list looks quite varied, but how goes Division 1,2,3 equate with GT3,4, Cup? And it's a two hour race judging by the timetable?

As long as it's drier than last year, it should be a good day out.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1894703)   #19
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm had been undecided about making the trek over to Rockingham for the BTCC or going to Donington for this, and was leaning towards the Rock' as I went to Oulton two weeks ago.

But, I didn't realise Belcar was on the schedule, so think it's going to have to be Donington to see them. I'm fast becoming a GT convert I think
Old 18 Apr 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1894807)   #20
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne
I'm fast becoming a GT convert I think
Rightly so, too! I mean no offence to any of the series' fans but BTCC to me is just a borefest - FFord should be on their schedule instead of the F3/GT's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies
can someone fill me in on Belcar. Didn't they race at Brands Hatch but had problems with noise?; probably not a problem next to an international airport. The entry list looks quite varied, but how goes Division 1,2,3 equate with GT3,4, Cup? And it's a two hour race judging by the timetable?
They probably had noise problems because at that time the series still happily catered for GT1 and GT2 cars. From what I can make of it, Div.1 appears to be GT3, Div.2 looks like an alternative to BGT's Cup class, whilst Div.3 looks to be a little bit of allsorts really. It's 125 minutes, so a little more than two hours.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1894954)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
I mean no offence to any of the series' fans but BTCC to me is just a borefest - FFord should be on their schedule instead of the F3/GT's!
No thanks. We already have to put up with F Renault and F BMW, last thing we want is more of the things.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1894966)   #22
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rightly so, too! I mean no offence to any of the series' fans but BTCC to me is just a borefest - FFord should be on their schedule instead of the F3/GT's!
Haha no thanks, I was quite happy when FFord move off the TOCA programme! Now I find myself having to put up with it again, still gives two perfect opportunities to wander around the paddock
Old 19 Apr 2007, 00:19 (Ref:1895169)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They probably had noise problems because at that time the series still happily catered for GT1 and GT2 cars. From what I can make of it, Div.1 appears to be GT3, Div.2 looks like an alternative to BGT's Cup class, whilst Div.3 looks to be a little bit of allsorts really. It's 125 minutes, so a little more than two hours.
Pretty sure Div 3 is the ex-"Belcar Specials" minus the GT1 cars, which have been banned outright. So this is basically where all the homegrown 996 and 997 Turbo cars ended up.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1895366)   #24
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I notice in the DSC preview of the Dono round of BGT, they are suggesting this weekend will be the last outing for the Team Tiger Marcos. Which will be a further blow to the rather depleted GTCup class for the rest of the season.

In other GTCup news, I have it on good authority that the Richmond Racing Ginetta won't be ready after its spectacular conrod through the engine block incident as it crossed the finishline in Round1.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1895375)   #25
Dragaan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
In other GTCup news, I have it on good authority that the Richmond Racing Ginetta won't be ready after its spectacular conrod through the engine block incident as it crossed the finishline in Round1.
They should have hung around. There were plenty of scrap cars around after the Sunday Ginetta races. Maybe they could have picked something up!

Thats sad news about Team Tiger though, especially after all they went through at Oulton Park including and STILL getting the double there for the second year in a row. Still, they said from the outset that the beginning of the season would be a test to determine if they would race for the whole season.