Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Oct 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4010988)   #51
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic racing in the SF Edge 5-lapper - almost like watching Formula Ford! Oldest car 117 years old !
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4010995)   #52
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Fantastic racing in the SF Edge 5-lapper - almost like watching Formula Ford! Oldest car 117 years old !
what a brilliant race that was.

im meant to be doing chores all weekend......not sure il be getting off the couch at this rate!
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:29 (Ref:4010996)   #53
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever conceived this event deserves a medal, certainly brightens the mood in these bleak times, to p marks to the GRRC.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4010997)   #54
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes a pleasant change watching rally cars without freezing your a..se off which is normally the case at the GW rally in February!
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:51 (Ref:4011002)   #55
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have it on the background while working, so far enjoyable and there has been some great action.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4011012)   #56
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have it cast onto my big screen TV.... loving it. Great racing and brilliant RAF stuff as well.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 14:06 (Ref:4011013)   #57
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Micahel Birch was permanently out of shot in the Maserati during The Goodwood race! but gained a place and went 1.5s faster in the race than qually. Nicely done.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4011014)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I have it on the background while working, so far enjoyable and there has been some great action.
we're all saying that, productivity is not quite as high as normal.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 14:28 (Ref:4011020)   #59
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
we're all saying that, productivity is not quite as high as normal.
ditto....(I hope my boss isn't reading this)
Old 16 Oct 2020, 17:20 (Ref:4011043)   #60
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Gerry Marshall Trophy somewhat exciting, too!

I'm recording the ITV4 coverage as I had to go out for a while, so still stuff to catch up with.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 17:36 (Ref:4011046)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes the ITV4 coverage is good. The rally stage was fun to watch, as was the Gerry Marshall Trophy, great commentary from David and Tingram
Old 16 Oct 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4011059)   #62
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont usually watch historics but that was great, loud and fast.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 22:41 (Ref:4011076)   #63
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The you tube feed with David Addison commentating has being excellent.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 09:57 (Ref:4011133)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A great example of what not to do in the St Marys qualifying this morning.

Minis racing, one crashed, yellows not red and an Alfa slams into the back of it, only at Goodwood.

Just saw JR giving Gareth a Gee up, 11th in the Elva, good work.

Last edited by zefarelly; 17 Oct 2020 at 10:27.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 11:50 (Ref:4011138)   #65
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Enjoying the live streaming. What an event.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4011149)   #66
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not impressed with the ITV4 coverage, yesterday Dermot O'Leary didn't know the difference between Racing & Rallying. Just seen a good race and then a good chat with Emmo & Jackie Stewart when it suddenly cuts to Marco Werner doing a lap in an Audi with absolutely no explanation as to what & why, followed by an Arrows beating everyone by 8 seconds & then after an advert break onto another Tin Top race, very disjointed.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4011152)   #67
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I am enjoying the live feed and lapping it up. Yes some of it is a bit disjointed but I just put that own to live coverage of an event we are lucky to have the possibility to watch.
Thoroughly enjoying the St Mary's Trophy race for 60-66 Saloons atm.
Not everyday you get to see such great cars of all categories on track like this weekend.

Thankful
Melbourne
Old 17 Oct 2020, 14:36 (Ref:4011153)   #68
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No red flag for the initial Mini incident at the chicane resulting in the car sitting on the exit kerb leading to a unsighted Alfa piling into it under double waved yellows. strange lack of speedy decision from the CoC, does Goodwood have CCTV?
Old 17 Oct 2020, 15:20 (Ref:4011156)   #69
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well clearly age is not a problem, Stig Blomqist can sure handle an american aircraft carrier! What a line up of entries and drivers in every discipline a real mood lifter in these depressive times.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 16:50 (Ref:4011166)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That was an epic race, great variety of old tin tops, big and small, with a full cast of top touring car drivers past and present, as well as ex F1 and sportscar drivers thrown, plus a former WRC champion and even Mr Bean!
Old 17 Oct 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4011171)   #71
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stirling Moss Trophy Race was sensational. What a finish.... in the near dark.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 18:16 (Ref:4011178)   #72
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Stirling Moss Trophy Race was sensational. What a finish.... in the near dark.
Such a shame for Gary Pearson, for me I don't think the Elite driver was even aware that he was about to be lapped. I didn't see a waved blue flag but I could be wrong. Terrific chase as usual from Rob Huff, great racing.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4011181)   #73
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Such a shame for Gary Pearson, for me I don't think the Elite driver was even aware that he was about to be lapped. I didn't see a waved blue flag but I could be wrong. Terrific chase as usual from Rob Huff, great racing.
I'd be suprised if he's not at the emergency dentist! What a tw*t, and further highlights why the new 'old' cars need to race on their own, the difference in pace is dangerous now.

Whoever picked the grids needs to go back to school.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 19:40 (Ref:4011191)   #74
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'd be suprised if he's not at the emergency dentist! What a tw*t, and further highlights why the new 'old' cars need to race on their own, the difference in pace is dangerous now.

Whoever picked the grids needs to go back to school.
If you check the race description, this race was meant to be for "Pre 63 Closed-cockpit GT cars over 3 litres".

They clearly ran out of the big bangers so invited some tiddlers......

As always, the Goodwood selection criteria is a bit of a mystery.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4011193)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
If you check the race description, this race was meant to be for "Pre 63 Closed-cockpit GT cars over 3 litres".

They clearly ran out of the big bangers so invited some tiddlers......

As always, the Goodwood selection criteria is a bit of a mystery.
If they'd stacked the Elites on top of the Alfa . . .