Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > Antrodemus Supercars Fantasy Championship

Old 27 Sep 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1721007)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mockups/Remakes

Hey guys, I've been busying myself in making replica liveries of current car liveries and I thought I should share them with the world. Feel free to make your own and post them as you please.
Here's a work in progress of the Jack Daniel's '06 cars:

I need to fix up the Jack Daniel's logo, and the 'Pace Yourself. Drink Responsibly' bit, but what do you think of it aside from that?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 27 Sep 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1721016)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking Good better than i coulgd do.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1721377)   #3
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks a lot like the real thing. Good work.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 01:59 (Ref:1722546)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Next up off the production line will be my go at the 2006 Toll/HSVDT car. I just need to fix the numbers up...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Sep 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1722770)   #5
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
And here it is! Like I said, the numbers are a little bad, but we can overlook that. .
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ers11/toll.jpg
Old 30 Sep 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1723596)   #6
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Chatters - these are looking good! Apart from the numbers, the only other thing i see on the HSVDT car is there is a white outline around the letters in the PIRTEK logo, but thats probably me being picky.
Good Job! keep it up!
Old 30 Sep 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1723629)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Thanks for the kind words M-Kart. I have to agree the numbers do look a little shyte, maybe I need to hone my skills a bit more. And I did pick up on the white outline on the Pirtek logo, after I'd posted it.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1724000)   #8
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Next up: My first dabble in the black arts (Ford). I'll be attempting to re-create the 2006 Team BOC car.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1724984)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
And here it is ladies and gentlemen... And might I add I believe it is my best work yet .
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1725046)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW sure is your best work.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1725114)   #11
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
The BOC car looks great Chatters!

Would you rather to do them all yourself? or do you mind others having a go? I have the 'shatter/splash' shape on the 888 cars already done, just in a different colour (from when i did the vodapfone dummy livery), so it would me quite easy for me to transfer it to the betta version.

Mitch
Old 2 Oct 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1725204)   #12
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I have no problems with you having a go Mitch, as I said at the start of this thread anyone can have a go, I'll probably end up having a shot at the 888 livery too.

So yes, anyone can show off their artistic talent!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1725226)   #13
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
888 Betta Electrical

Ok, thanks for that chatters, heres my 888 attempt.
(please follow the link, as this is an 800x272 pixel image, and there isnt a covinient warning on the thread title for our dial up friends).

888 2006 car:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d2...t/888betta.jpg

I know i dont have the full NASCAR door of sponsors that they run, and the small ones arent 100%accurate with placement, but its VERY hard/tedious/timeconsuming to get oneof each logo,colour & size it right and place it correctly. I've also noticed that i havent put in: 1. the 100% correct ford sticker (this one has the blue gradient in it, not just the silver outline onto the car's blue), the red/silver on the roof, and the havoline blue headlight covers, as a tried them, but couldnt get a result i liked, so i ran with what i had.

Enjoy it! i might try a few more in the coming weeks.
Mitch.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1725231)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Bad news, the file contains errors and I can't see it fully- I get level with the top of the door and it stops.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1725236)   #15
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Bad news, the file contains errors and I can't see it fully- I get level with the top of the door and it stops.
Really? it works when i just click on the link, even when i'm signed out of photobucket. I'm not sure what happened there. I could try just posting the pic, is 800x272 too big?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1725244)   #16
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Not to worry, working now. Probably a problem on my end. It doesn't look too bad, the Ford logo needs fixing, as do the numbers, but the yellow "splat" as I call it looks good, and it's the main features of the car I think you should aim at working on, not fiddly little things like minor sponsors. You'll notice mine only have a select number of sponsors on them. But yeah, good first up effort, have you got any other projects you might be working on?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1725247)   #17
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
But yeah, good first up effort, have you got any other projects you might be working on?
Not as yet, i just knocked that one up quickly tonight as i already had the 'splat' design saved (just in different colours). I may try a few mor in the coming days. just have to decide who. I'd like to do the djr cars (the 3 versions theyve used- firstrock/v8telecom and APVC), as well as the rustymobile. the caltex is a good starting base, just a tad more complicated i think.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1725258)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Yeah, I started off with something relatively easy in the JDR cars and am working my way up... Too what? I dunno.

Anyway, my next production will be the '06 Britek car, and then I will step back in time a bit and do the '05 Perkins scheme .
Old 2 Oct 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1725758)   #19
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Yeah, I started off with something relatively easy in the JDR cars and am working my way up... Too what? I dunno.

Anyway, my next production will be the '06 Britek car, and then I will step back in time a bit and do the '05 Perkins scheme .
I have a copy of this years Britek mocup they did themselves for the launch this year - i'll try to post a copy of it when i get back home (I dont have it on me here at uni). Interesting the red/orange 'fade job' they used to simulate the 'bright'er (get it? haha lame joke) metallic colours they are using this year.

Cant wait to see your versions though - should be great!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1725769)   #20
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I don't know if I'll try to re-create the metallic stuff, or whether I'll just have the colours normally. I'll be doing the pre Ricky Bobby paintscheme, which is the one they had before Oran Park.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 02:41 (Ref:1725863)   #21
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I don't know if I'll try to re-create the metallic stuff, or whether I'll just have the colours normally. I'll be doing the pre Ricky Bobby paintscheme, which is the one they had before Oran Park.
Is that the one with Mark Taylor's head on a Fujitsu Visa Debit card on the rear 1/4 panel? I seem to remember that on the car in pit lane at Qld Raceway, but I dont think they ran that at adelaide.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 03:35 (Ref:1725881)   #22
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
That's the one, yeah... Don't know if (or how) I'm going to put that on the back of car!
Old 3 Oct 2006, 06:04 (Ref:1725924)   #23
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
I'd use photshop, find an image of the entire car with mr taylor on it, resize it/rotate it whatever you have to do. Put a clear vector mask thing around it then paste it onto the car itself. that 'should' do it.

The car wasnt launched with it on though. here's the mockup britek themselves did, notice the barren rear guard. (it actually also has, as separate images, front back and top views, but the side is most relevant at them moment here i think.):

Old 3 Oct 2006, 07:15 (Ref:1725960)   #24
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
When I get around to trying to re-create the Fujitsu cars, I'll make them myself and not copy from an existing website. Right now my attention has turned to the GRM cars...
Old 3 Oct 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1726183)   #25
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
I just posted that britek up for comparison more than anything else. The Garry Rogers cars look good on track, so i'm surethe mockups will look just as good.

my next project (probably 2morrow) will be what is by far the simplest livery in V8's, the Paul Morris Sirromet Cars!