Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jan 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2100168)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari F2008 launch tomorrow. Launch season begins!

The first car of the new season is launched tomorrow and, if you can't wait any longer, here are some magnificent teasers.

http://motorsport.com/photos/select....Preview&Y=2008

Already I can see that the car has a much shorter wheelbase than last year and incorporates many radical new features.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 17:30 (Ref:2100172)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It looks super quick.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2100193)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to seeing the Ferrari..
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2100194)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Does that airbox remind you of anyhting?
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2100199)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mclaren's launch is a day after Ferrari. Ample time for them to copy the entire Ferrari design and incorporate into their own. Ban them now.

Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2100204)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any word on if there is a webcast or anything?
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2100208)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I bet its going to be a scarlet colour. Webcast? Someone might copy the images.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2100218)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Hmm,

Does that airbox remind you of anyhting?
Yeah...last years Ferrari airbox.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2100221)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Mclaren's launch is a day after Ferrari. Ample time for them to copy the entire Ferrari design and incorporate into their own. Ban them now.
Rumour has it that the 2008 McLaren is a mixture of Toyota's recent efforts.It was the only way they could convince the FIA that they had no 'idea(s)' at all.

Last edited by Marbot; 5 Jan 2008 at 18:56.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2100222)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep.

They should sack the designer for IP infringements................... oh wait.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2100236)   #11
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

They have copied my rural mail box design! It is designed with wings to deflect the snow from the snowplow. I must protest to Mad Max.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2100242)   #12
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We know everything about the engine already.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2100252)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
We know everything about the engine already.
Yep.Something that McLaren didn't need to copy.

Maybe it's got some very slight mods to it,but probably not enough to make it sound like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Inr...eature=related

I love the 'bird song' in the background.

Last edited by Marbot; 5 Jan 2008 at 19:44.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2100262)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am sure it's going to be a real beauty all the same...
Old 5 Jan 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2100362)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I hope we get some uglier flip ups, as I don't think the current ones are ugly enough.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2100402)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know - our current breed of ulgy tree drop outs really need some more ugly bits.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2100511)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know what time its launched?
Old 6 Jan 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2100512)   #18
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Yeah...last years Ferrari airbox.
hm?

Old 6 Jan 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2100513)   #19
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1500 Italian time
Old 6 Jan 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2100516)   #20
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
http://www.ferrariworld.com/fwe/events/f12008/index.jsp
Old 6 Jan 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2100520)   #21
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the Italians an hour ahead of British time?

making it 2 o'clock uk time.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 11:03 (Ref:2100526)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not very different, but not similar anyway...
Old 6 Jan 2008, 11:06 (Ref:2100528)   #23
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
yeah thats what I make it but on another forum somone was saying 1pm soI dunno - theres nothing I can find on the media site. I probably should have gone but - its sunday.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 11:24 (Ref:2100539)   #24
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari have set up a website dedicated to this years F1 machine. Im assuming that all the launch information/photos etc, will be shown on the website as and when they are available.

The address is http://www.f2008.it/

Currently the page is blank.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 11:34 (Ref:2100544)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope
hm?

Yes,Ferrari have once again stuck to the tried and tested concept of sticking an upside-down model aeroplane wing through the top of their airbox.

Doesn't look that much different,but then it is only an airbox.Even so,I bet they've spent many a dollar and hour on it.