Old 5 Jan 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2608369)   #51
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Feliks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And about half rotate.

Star engines were characterized biggest always force density

Below picture of the star half rotate around 10 (40) with "cylinders". for the transparency of the picture one can see only 3 additional "cylinders" more than is at the animated film.
One can also see dimensions of the whole of the engine in the assumption that every cylinder has such dimensions for the picture half rotate with the set connecting rod of the Sulzer D= engine of 900 mm and stroke 2500 mm .

So 10 (40) "cylindrical" engine half rotate about the same working capacity in comparing to the Sulzer 10 engine cylindrical on the picture below .

Sulzer: 10 Cylinders 20 m long , 15 m hight , 1500 Ton weight

Half rotate star : 10(40) "Cylinders" 4,5 m diameter , 4,5 m long
about 70 ton weight.

And most importantly.. Since in the engine half rotate mass innertia are several times Sulzer smaller than in the engine, engine half rotate can work with the much greater rotation speed.
Sulzer : 102 RPM 60 000 KW

Half rotate 250 RPM 150 000 KW

In same intake work volume .

Regards Andrew

Sure the engines of cars will be similar proportions
Old 29 May 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2700202)   #52
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
"Salt water extraction"

http://www.new4stroke.com/pompa.pdf

And sallt water Tank:

1 m^3 / sec if H = 100 m give ~~ 1 MW ( 1000 KW) electric energy

Regards Andrew
Old 27 Jun 2010, 01:41 (Ref:2718377)   #53
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Your valve idea appears to be a solution to a small problem which introduces several serious problems!

I can't see how it eliminates the valve guide - your big fat valve bodies must have some form of location, which would just be a very large diameter valve guide.

Those big fat valve bodies must, as drawn, affect airflow? To get them out of the airflow I suspect you'd need a much longer valve stem than you show, which would make the valve assembly much longer than a normal valve, necessitating in turn a much deeper head casting, making the engine heavier & taller.

Last but not least, your idea would result in an enormous increase in reciprocating mass, again adding weight throughout the valve train & seriously reducing engine speed.

The answer to valve heating problems is metallurgy, not mass!
Some mass:

Diameter popped 75 mm , diameter piston 76.5 mm

Weight popped 75 mm 1000 G
weight piston & rod 76.5 mm 850 G
weight popped 62 mm 400 G
weight piston & rod 62 mm 370 G

But the window of the flight of the valve of 75 mm is only 64 mm, what is very similar to the window of the flight piston 62 mm .

That is it results from it that the valve of 75 mm is giving the same flight as the piston 62 mm that is 1000 G to 370 G !!!!!

==~~ 2.5 more weight popped to piston& rod !!

It only looks impossibly. but this way is.

Diesel 10 000 RPM ?

Andrew
Old 27 Jun 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2718443)   #54
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on - you have to get on Dragon's Den
Old 5 Aug 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2739924)   #55
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Beautiful simple new 4 stroke kinematics animation made at the
King Soud University.

And a little faster

Regards Andrew
Old 6 Aug 2010, 01:35 (Ref:2740147)   #56
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Andrew and some semblance of decorum return to the sports car forum on the same day!

Coincidence?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2741208)   #57
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Andrew and some semblance of decorum return to the sports car forum on the same day!

Coincidence?
mybe...

another one:

Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution

Regards Andrew
Old 8 Aug 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2741257)   #58
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I do hope you guys realize he's putting all his text through a translator. That's why it's putting out some weird ish. He's putting it through a Polish to English translator.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2741354)   #59
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I use English to English on mine, and the results sometimes fail

Often fail

Fail often

robert
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2742692)   #60
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliks View Post
mybe...

Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution
I also very close to the Technology

Regards Andrew
Old 12 Aug 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2743411)   #61
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
I think that this technology is very effective. Can you imagine that by doing the same movement up and down through the traditional piston-connecting rod-crankshaft to get the same ease the movement of this vehicle?
I think that it would then be much harder work. And these four , the looks on it, they not liked to work more than need....

Can you feel it ??

Regards Andrew
Old 14 Aug 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2744645)   #62
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
However and that will had such a good humor, just take a timber and a little grease lubricated.

Do not need any oil !!

Seal or Teflon or lubricated with diesel fuel.

OIl = diesel fuel in this picture

Regards Andrew
Old 20 Aug 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2747832)   #63
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Some new4stroke history:

Print table of Fortran 1982 program.
I could choose from 100 of these tables, each for different angular positions of crakshafts.
Here is one of them:

Working drawing of the head:

Regards Andrew
Old 13 Sep 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2759000)   #64
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Some of the other barrel, but also goes beyond the "box"

The first windmills pumped water in America. To sustain this good tradition, I developed a little more modern sytem for the production of electric current in a similar way of pumping water.Whether American landscape views, are water sphere.I decided to add this view to the next shot where the water will be collected water so that it could give electrical energy when draining it back into the lower reservoir.

This water will be pumped sphery as in the first versions of windmills, wind.
The wind turbine will move a small diameter, but it is a multi-blade, placed together with the hydraulic pump in the middle of a specially constructed balloon. Balloon will be tethered, as previously barrage balloons.
Only that will go along the line, hydraulic pipes, the hydraulic motor, which will be driven water pump located in the lower reservoir.The water pump will continuously pump water to sphery. Now the water falling from the lower reservoir back to the shery, will do an electric current through hydrogenerator.

Every so water sphere about the capacity of 2000 m 3, and the height 100 m can give power 10 MW for 3 minutes. If filling pumps water with the one I believe loss is managing to fill waters up, we will have it 10 MW driven with wind turbine in balloons.
Of course, the balloons could be filled up by hydrogen, because today we have very good material on the shell.
This system could be installed in any place where electricity is needed, and thus would have limited losses on the transfer.
Also low noise, and the invisibility of the rotating blades, not to interfere in coexistence with the environment.Balloons can be affixed to a height of 150 to 200 meters, where the wind is always blowing on the ground even when there is absolute silence.

some links:
http://media.primezone.com/cache/189/int/8385.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2gl...yer_embedded#!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/n...ong-endurance/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3n5c...layer_embedded

Regar

Of course, two rotate in one direction and two in the opposite direction.
You must use a very light hydraulic oil. If it were not frozen in winter.
Hydraulic pump in the balloon has the best power to weight ratio. All the airlines are working on the hydraulic actuators.
Of course, all of the balloon must be tested in the wind tunnel aerodynamic, in order to fully match the efficiency of the 21st century.

Some pictures of how to create a balloon from the inside

and NASCAR wind tunnel

Regards Andrew
Old 4 Oct 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2769385)   #65
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
I simply will look as flat block. It can be cast as a single unit. It did not need the division on the block and head. Because the pistons can be put at the bottom......
It is full 4 stroke engine.

Regards Andrew
Old 15 Oct 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2775410)   #66
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/08/ddwfttw/all/1

My version of car wind.Solo of trumpet

Will test whether it could be faster than the wind... Boat too....

You never know what is beyond the present ...

Ice boat

But faster than the wind, it is possible ....

But perhaps the experience of the Ice Race can to help you change the aerodynamics in F1?
But in F1, there are winds above 300 km / h !
Fighter aircraft F-104 starts at a similar velocity. Right then, about 700 KG per 1 square meter load.
If using a well-sculpted are did the 700 KG used to accelerate boild F1 ......

I think that not everything has been said in the aerodynamics of F1.....

700 KG at 1 m^2 - 70 KG forward at 10 dcm^2 aditional F1 wings....

Regards Andrew
Old 17 Oct 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2776336)   #67
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Can it save fuel by using the wings ??
It all depends on how clever way it uses the wing...

Ice Boat
Sailing_faster_than_the_wind

Or, the cyclist can get speed of 200 km / h?
And they like to ride in the peloton?

The Phisics of sailing

Regards Andrew
Old 18 Oct 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2776399)   #68
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this thread should be in the Smithsonian.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 03:05 (Ref:2776922)   #69
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
I think this thread should be in the Smithsonian.
That is the beauty of it. I got lost when tidal power generation came up, but, hey, it is all somehow enriching.

I just am fascinated to know how Andrew found Ten-Tenths.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 00:35 (Ref:2779123)   #70
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliks View Post
O yes , you right.
In Krakow , in the Museum of Aviations there is even such Hercules :

And i my propose are another one way. If poped no need clearance,

we can use easy old good desmodrome .

Andrew
It should be approached with great reverence for history...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Zw1_NiSWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJcxpFTFJPA&NR=1
At this film see why Crecy was in the half of the road. Simply moving the heat from the cylinder is very difficult way to get to the fins ...

But my engine, as befits the end of the road ,a little better start, even though this is only the second prototype.

Regards Andrew
Old 25 Oct 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2779945)   #71
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
This problem ereting towers
can be resolved with Jazz Big Band. Just half of the turbine rotates in one direction and half in another page.

I did this study in the Venturi nozzle turbine and the calculations have a rather surprising results. Back to front.

Regards Andrew
Old 29 Oct 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2782268)   #72
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow

Compare the speed with which the headrest will swim to the surface of the sail of 10 m ^ 2 and the wind of 5 m / s.

And now a windmill with a diameter D = 3m and also velocity of 5 m / s, which gives the power of 0.3 Hp.
and serve to drive the screw boat.
Now compare that with the boat that run much faster ???

It seems to me that, however, by usin 'the wind turbines are inefficient and primitive.

But surely the best helicopter pilots know that the strength of fast-rotating propellers is huge ..

[quote name='gruntguru' post='4676256' date='Oct 28 2010, 23:33']Try to follow the logic in my post. If you keep making the venturi constriction smaller the power goes up and up. Wrong! You cannot get something for nothing. There is only so much power in the wind flowing through a given cross section area and conservation of energy says the power will not increase as you move along a venturi. A good windmill will extract 50% of the available energy from a given cross section area of wind. There is no magic that will increase that by a factor greater than 2, in fact 59% is the (Betz's Law) limit for wind turbines of any type so modern wind turbines can achieve over 80% of the theoretical limit.[/quote]

Oh yes, this theoretical limit of 80%, but for the most primitive machinery ?
And there is an error in assuming that we count the most primitive machine.
Plain sail is much more perfect than a windmill.
And here we see that the wind has a lot more energy than even 100% of the energy windmill

See how high can the waves rush in, only at the surface, blowing. The waves are also wind energy

The nozzle wenturi use all surfaces of the input, multiplied by the weight of the wind (the amount of air flow in kilograms)
And it is this mass air flow causes the nozzle is formed in high speed. Even after leaving the nozzle cone is longer than the cone input. The air mass of his "draws even more through the nozzles

This is just like a sports car exchaust tubes . When calculating the length and diameter, are taken into account also the mass of gas flowing.

And there is no mass flow of great importance in the calculation of the weight just pulls out their remnant gas from the cylinder, and even causes an inflow of fresh air. Without any widmil.
Note that in my last example, is given by the mass flow entrusted Venturi. And it amounts to 48 tonnes per second. It is the burden of two wagons loaded in 1 second.

A pipe with a length of 500 meters and a diameter of 100m, at a speed of 15 m / s
there is a 1600 tons of air, which has its energy.

This is the weight of two freight trains. Try to stop them. Ride at 50 km / h

Regards Andrew
Old 9 Nov 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2787399)   #73
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
[quote name='gruntguru' post='4676641' date='Oct 29 2010, 09:53']Read the article. This is the absolute truth and applies to any wind turbine.

It might take a while to get your head around Betz's law, but unless you do, you are not in a position to dismiss it.

EDIT. By the way, 16 MW is the TOTAL power in a 100m diameter disc in a 15 m/s wind. Any machine extracting more than that has disproved the 1st law of thermodynamics - a perpetual motion machine.

I'm not an executioner. I help people with this type of issue for a living.[/quote]

Well, that warning was fuller, that I give you that for a Venturi entrance diameter of 100 m and wind speed 15 m / s flows as much air and treatment by 230 pieces CF6 engines of Boeing.

However, one more proof that the sails are much more efficient than the windmills.
Last Polish sailing ship "Fryderyk Copin" broke the mast in the North Sea and towed to Falmouth.
http://www.fryderykchopin.pl/?id=o-z...ane-techniczne

As you can see in the data sheet, the speed of an internal combustion engine Hp Scania 538 is 9 knots.
However, a sailing speed of 16 knots. Sails area is 1,200 square meter..

Obtaining such a ship speed of 16 knots just by driving it through the internal combustion engine would involve a minimum of about 2000 Hp.

However, the speed of the ship has been on their sails, even if it sails can not be exactly perpendicular to the direction of swimming, because it would obstruct each other with the wind.
So I have to be at a high angle to the direction of flow, which also means that only part of the force obtained from the sail, pushing the ship forward.

We can assume that the pool surface that can sail power forward. That is, 600 square meters.
This ship has the speed at 12 m / s wind.

And now Let's calculate how much, under the windmill can give us an area of 600 square meters of the wheel at a speed of 12 m / s

6 About the same perpendicular usable space as the ship sails00 m / 3,14 =191 , 191 sqrt =13,8 m , 13.8 X 2 = 27 m D widmil.

About the same perpendicular usable space as the ship sails.

Well, now we calculate how much power will give us a windmill with a diameter of 27 meters and wind speed 12 m / sec.

(12 x 12 x12 x 27 x27 / 1530) 0,4 = 326 HP

As you can see from the calculations where the power produced by the windmill is several times smaller than the engine power needed to flow the speed of 16 knots. (Teoretical 2000 Hp)
So you can tell from this example that the power produced by a windmill is 6 times smaller than the power produced by the sails.
or even this theory, the 100-meter windmill has 16 megawatts of power theory is not the absolute maximum power which disposes of the wind flowing through it.
According to this calculation gave the sails to six times more, - 30 megawatts.
Yes, I recommended that slowly read the theory about the new use of the wind ...

New widmil theory

However, the perpetual motion I would be careful. Because God every day we founded the thunderstorms. You know how much there is electricity? and does not need to use either sail or wind, in order to make electricity out of nothing.
And new dixieland:

Regards Andrew
Old 9 Nov 2010, 01:21 (Ref:2787400)   #74
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
It is proposed to be called Venturi widmill: " The Cube Turbine "

Do you know that such a large cooling towers at power plants are made of reinforced concrete walls with a thickness of 12 cm on average?

I'm very curious if that work well, though for that tip wentturi Inject and burn some fuel.
The calculations on the calculator Venturi, that, if the temperature of the air flow would be about 60 degrees Kelvin higher, the speed of the jet that increased by 50% !

If this is not too much to add, that was such a low temperature turbine engine
During low-wind, he could give a little energy.
It was like a ramjet engine
ramjet

jet helicopter

Well, such a complete install on the mountain. Would give as much energy as the whole of Poland produces.

Sniezka

Regards Andrew
Old 23 Dec 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2807964)   #75
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
And again, a mistake...

And to be towing a boat areostar....

And in the middle of a venturi nozzle areostar with two such fans...

Merry Christmas to everybody
Andrew