Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Jun 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3264641)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nascar Sprint Cup Round 16: Save Mart 350 (Sonoma)

I know it is a little early in the week, but seeing as it is LM week and I'm pretty busy, here it is.

Road course boogity this week. The ringers are Boris, Fellows, and Jack Villnewve.

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/201...SCAR-Race-Info
Old 19 Jun 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3264808)   #2
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Road course boogity this week. The ringers are Boris, Fellows, and Jack Villnewve.
I thought it was Jark Vilenerf?
Old 19 Jun 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3264887)   #3
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I've got this vision of the cameras catching Harpoon Jacques sprinting out of the track perhaps with an angry Boris 'Ass Whoppin' Said in close pursuit.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3264903)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Unless they run in full-season team entries, they will have to qualify in the top 35 to enter the race. Otherwise, full-season entries will bump them.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3265062)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gonna keep my fingers crossed that either Marcos Ambrose or Juan-Pablo Montoya picks up the trophy.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 02:13 (Ref:3265249)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^It'll probably some random dirt tracker from the midwest to pick it up. This is why I love the road courses, for NASCAR. Something completely different. And they can be quite entertaining on the right turns....

Will be driving to the beach for this one. C'mon PRN in South Georgia, LA and the pan handle. All else fails, I got Tune in Radio.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3265407)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last chance for Ambrose to win at this track...
Old 20 Jun 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3265425)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drissi is in, too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Last chance for Ambrose to win at this track...
Why? What did I miss?
Old 20 Jun 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3265439)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Drissi is in, too....

Why? What did I miss?
There's been speculation Ambrose will wrap up his career in stock cars after his contract runs out at the end of this year and head back to Australia.

On a side note three drivers will make their Sprint Cup debut this weekend: Alex Kennedy (#19 MediaMaster Toyota), Victory Gonzalez Jr. (#36 Chevrolet) and #52 Paulie Harraka (#52 HASA Pool Products Ford).
Old 20 Jun 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3265669)   #10
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Unless they run in full-season team entries, they will have to qualify in the top 35 to enter the race. Otherwise, full-season entries will bump them.
Said's in the #32, JV in the #51. Both are full time teams that rotate random drivers. 43 entries, so Noone will be missing the show, but I hope everyone runs instead of Starting and Parking.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3268506)   #11
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Well that was awkward - Paulie Harraka slammed into Alex Kennedy as they were rolling off pitroad...

Green flag coming up.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3268513)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that rain I'm seeing on the low lenses?
Old 23 Jun 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3268546)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never thought I'd say Kyle Petty the voice of reason and logic in the booth. How could TNT employ a commentator that doesn't understand drag and bent body panels matter on a road course?
Old 23 Jun 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3268627)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Wouldn't mind a yellow now, to... spice things up a bit.

Edit - Oh well, congrats to Martin Truex Jr. who picks up only his second career Sprint Cup win and the first since winning at Dover way back in 2007. Montoya ran out of gas on the last lap and finished well down the order.

Last edited by rustyfan; 23 Jun 2013 at 22:24.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3268655)   #15
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome job by Truex! Kind of good he won as his last and many thought what would be his only victory was not only on Monday but also overshadowed by the death of Bill France Jr.

NASCAR really needs more road courses (and short tracks), it was good to see a race where aero didn't matter. Gordon was able to go from 18th to 2nd with better tyres. One of the better of the year I thought, the Glen will be epic.

On a yawnermediate he would have been stuck back in the aero and finished 15th.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3268683)   #16
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Tweet from Will Buxton.

Old 24 Jun 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3268889)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Great race for Kyle!

Fantastic for Martin. That guy deserves to be in the winner more.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3268890)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Haha!

V8 Supercars and actual Mustangs / Camaros / Challengers look better in road courses than Cup cars.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3268954)   #19
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Tweet from Will Buxton.

Yep, those stupid rednecks can't turn right. Good to see former F1 winner and Monaco Grand Prix champion Martin Truex Jr. driving away from NASCAR Bubba John Montoya while saving more fuel. Although maybe if he had DRS he would have won.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3268972)   #20
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Yep, those stupid rednecks can't turn right. Good to see former F1 winner and Monaco Grand Prix champion Martin Truex Jr. driving away from NASCAR Bubba John Montoya while saving more fuel. Although maybe if he had DRS he would have won.
This comment gave me a headache.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3268993)   #21
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Buxton is trying to be too much of a twitter smart-alec. The cars suit the track and they are what motorsports used to be, tough to handle there. They are like old touring cars with muscle. Bit like Aussie V8s. I defy any motorsport fan not to enjoy that race - the final phase at least.

NASCAR at Sonoma is always hair raising, unusual and funny with all the kerb hopping. Poor Kyle B got a good hiding there.

Well done to Truex, commiserations to Montoya. And Kurt Busch does do a dazzling job for those tiny teams despite being a complete and utter headcase.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3269331)   #22
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Buxton is trying to be too much of a twitter smart-alec. The cars suit the track and they are what motorsports used to be, tough to handle there. They are like old touring cars with muscle. Bit like Aussie V8s. I defy any motorsport fan not to enjoy that race - the final phase at least.

NASCAR at Sonoma is always hair raising, unusual and funny with all the kerb hopping. Poor Kyle B got a good hiding there.

Well done to Truex, commiserations to Montoya. And Kurt Busch does do a dazzling job for those tiny teams despite being a complete and utter headcase.
I agree with your post. However, although NASCAR racing on road circuits are absolutely entertaining (harkening back to Watkins Glen 2012), I can't help but notice how ignorant NASCAR race control is on how to properly make the right decisions during road course races.

Tony Stewarts Spin at Watkins Glen 2012 OFF THE RACING LINE
http://youtu.be/RhEKe2TSpbo

Case and point, Paul Menard's spin at Sonoma last year.
http://youtu.be/f7SfOaMRZAo?t=1m9s

Montoya and a third driver were involved as well and continued on unharmed, yet NASCAR felt it was necessary to throw out a full course yellow even though Paul managed to get back under way mere seconds after the FCY was called. This kind of management annoys me to no end. And from what I am hearing, the same situations happened this past race at Sonoma as well.

NASCAR race control simply does not understand the necessary calls to make on road courses in particular. Instead, they seek to please the short attention spans of the rednecks in the stands by bunching up the field any chance they get to make the racing more artificially "exciting".

My point being, Will Buxton does in fact speak some truth when NASCAR racing on road courses just does not sit well with certain people, including me to a degree. Throwing out full course cautions for harmless spins, or spins that are off the racing line well out of danger goes against the code that is true road course racing. NASCAR just doesn't seem to grasp that concept or the concept of the local yellow.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3269335)   #23
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love stock cars on road courses and Buxton is spot on with his comment. That's the appeal. And he was watching.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3270167)   #24
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I love stock cars on road courses and Buxton is spot on with his comment. That's the appeal. And he was watching.
...And I have a feeling he'll be tuning in when they go to The Glen.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3271637)   #25
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I also think Nascar should go to more road courses. It's ridicoulus how it's only 2 road course events and 36 Oval events. It should be atleast 6 road courses and 30 Oval events to atleast compensate a number of left turns. First of all, I think the Sprint Cup and V8 Supercars should do a shared event at COTA with two races (200 miles each) for V8 Supercars and one 400 mile Sprint Cup race.

Also a Sprint Cup/Nationwide/Truck series event with 500 mile Sprint cup race at Road America or Road Atlanta!