Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3802951)   #166
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Joe Saward reporting that a British energy drink brand called Rich Energy (anyone heard of them...) is in talks to buy FI for $280m...
assuming thats in US dollars so about £200 mill i think.

how much is a mid level F1 team worth these days?

cant say i recall ever reading a value assigned to the value of Sauber shares in that buyout.

Renault bought Lotus for £1 plus assumption of all of its debt...dont know how much debt there was though.

a few years prior to that, Sahara bought into FI at 100mil for a 40odd% stake.

obviously no idea about what type of debt FI has, how much prize money they have coming their way, what assets/facilities do they actually own, and if the above amount is for full ownership or not etc etc.

that said, FI is one of, if not the most, cost effective teams on the grid and seemingly punch above their weight class every season and provided the old owners are willing to walk away, i am surprised that a proper car manu is not looking to take over this team and its facilities.

but i guess that says more about the current state of the sport in general then anything else.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3802958)   #167
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Joe Saward reporting that a British energy drink brand called Rich Energy (anyone heard of them...) is in talks to buy FI for $280m...
Autosport is deeply sceptical about whether they have access to that kind of cash. Perhaps partnering with someone who has deep pockets?
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3802965)   #168
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Force India has been on the market for some considerable time, but I think that any potential buyer who conducts in depth due diligence investigations may be rather cautious about concluding a purchase because of fears about it's funding in the past.

One has to bear in mind that one of the owners (Sahara) is languishing in an Indian prison because he cannot raise the money required to fund his bond. Meanwhile, Mallya is holed up in luxury in the UK and is fighting extradition proceedings for his return to India to also face corruption charges over his failed airline and other business interests.

It is alleged that both men have funded Force India by monies diverted from companies that that were either failing or were in need of rescuing. If that is the case, any purchaser may find that the asset that they bought being snatched out of their hands by the Indian authorities to compensate those alleged to have been defrauded in India.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3802969)   #169
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok...Am I being thick or what? I've looked at the "Shop" on the Rich Energy website. Who are we talking about that is buying?
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3802974)   #170
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Ok...Am I being thick or what? I've looked at the "Shop" on the Rich Energy website. Who are we talking about that is buying?
I assume that Peter is referring to being "rich", or possibly plain stupid, to be able to afford to by the gunk.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3802986)   #171
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Mike...Thought it was me..
Old 21 Feb 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3802990)   #172
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesn't everyone buy their soft drink in a wooden box with a chaser of gold leaf vodka? (Looking down nose and muttering under breath) Silly peasants.

!

Richard
Old 23 Feb 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3803317)   #173
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Old 23 Feb 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3803400)   #174
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Autosport is deeply sceptical about whether they have access to that kind of cash. Perhaps partnering with someone who has deep pockets?
if they had the kind of money a bid for force india suggests, they’d have made sowery’s life a bit easier in racing i think it’s posturing by the people behind the company to attract investors. have a look at the accounts on companies house. nowt going on there.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3803482)   #175
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
What, you mean a story in motor racing based on hubris and bullshit? Surely some mistake!!!!???!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Feb 2018, 23:11 (Ref:3803502)   #176
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
What, you mean a story in motor racing based on hubris and bullshit? Surely some mistake!!!!???!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3803597)   #177
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if they had the kind of money a bid for force india suggests, they’d have made sowery’s life a bit easier in racing i think it’s posturing by the people behind the company to attract investors. have a look at the accounts on companies house. nowt going on there.
Toby is a great guy, a great talent, its shame he dosnt have the backing that drivers half his skill have

He used to run for my team in JNR kart series.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3803636)   #178
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Esteban Ocon is doing F1 duties that were originally planned for Jules Bianchi,
in the same manner Gerhard Berger did the ones planned for Stefan Bellof.
We have to wait and see what happens in FI then in 2018.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3803646)   #179
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no he isn’t! jules would have been at ferrari now and esteban is a mercedes driver...
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3803653)   #180
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not so sure, bella... Take the example of Elio de Angelis, a Ferrari development driver, backed in F2 with that badge, but in F1 finally was taken by Colin Chapman and Lotus.