Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Dec 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3946015)   #76
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
It’s not someone else they’re worried about...
Old 10 Dec 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3946032)   #77
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Interesting! I didn’t get that demand when I spoke to them.... As your photo is on the back and the licence can’t be signed it’s not a lot of use to anyone else.
Pfft, I usually manage to make it through 4 or 5 checks before anyone actually looks to see if I've signed it
Old 11 Dec 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3946087)   #78
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
posted my renewal off Saturday, got an email yesterday to say it's on its way . . . as quick and efficient as last year for a modest increase in price
Old 23 Jan 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3952902)   #79
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
After several email reminders to renew online, but not managing to get the system to offer me anything other than a stage licence, I finally got around to ringing MUK today - after the usual "we're sorry for the delay, we're busy" type announcements, spoke to a pleasant young man who diagnosed that I'd somehow got 3 log-ins (probably one marshal, one race licence, and one either as a Club official or a long dormant rallying one)......so he tidied that up and I was able to get in and submit my application - no changes on the medical declaration from last year or anything else......

And it was unsuccessful because I ticked a couple of "yes" boxes - I have medication for high blood pressure (in control ) and I wear glasses.....so I've got to do a postal application......Yippee.................

Why do they wait until you've completed the application and entered your card details before deciding that as you've ticked some other boxes you can't apply online? <grump>
Old 23 Jan 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3952914)   #80
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because these things are designed by IT people not marketing people. They don't operate in the real world. It's not an MSUK specific thing, the internet is one of the most infuriating ways of buying products:

https://www.facebook.com/47091151626...7698870917178/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Jan 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3952921)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've booked my medical for 21 Feb at Race Retro.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 13:06 (Ref:3952926)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Needing glasses for motorsport didn’t stop my online application, but I expect your medication would. Looking at Section 3 in the paper application, presume you need to fill the bottom section (in red) as you answered yes to a question....

As Max says, it is never going to be a perfect system.

Sounds like your 3 different log-ins didn’t help! Hardly MSUKs fault...
Old 23 Jan 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3952929)   #83
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's not an MSUK specific thing, the internet is one of the most infuriating ways of buying products:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hmm . . . I spend £5k in under 30 minutes last night. buying engine parts online for a job. very simple.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3952932)   #84
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Needing glasses for motorsport didn’t stop my online application, but I expect your medication would. Looking at Section 3 in the paper application, presume you need to fill the bottom section (in red) as you answered yes to a question....

As Max says, it is never going to be a perfect system.

Sounds like your 3 different log-ins didn’t help! Hardly MSUKs fault...

No, no issue with the log-in snafu....

I was expecting a box to pop up for the normal "what medication do you use?" question after I'd ticked a "yes" box, but I suppose taking the same info as you put on a paper form and merely transferring the online application for a manual check was never considered.....it'll give me something to whinge about to the MUK people at Race Retro - seem to have been congratulatory to them too much over recent years

Won't need my licence until April, anyway
Old 23 Jan 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3952978)   #85
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard,

If you're renewing on line with no alterations to medical that is still active, i.e. all medications have been declared previously, then you answer no to all of the questions and then your application is accepted. I made the same mistake as you but rang MSUK and spoke to a nice gentleman and explained what I had done and he arranged to get the form reset so I could complete it again. No problem apart from the IT department were slow in resetting.

Pete Richards
Old 23 Jan 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3952981)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
As has been said several times, a simple phone call before doing battle with the paper or on-line forms can reap rewards.......
Old 24 Jan 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3953170)   #87
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Thanks Pete and Mike
Old 28 Jan 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3954173)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, having had similar problems with logging in (I was trying to get the discount code for Halfords), the chap on the phone reset my password and login then advised me that because my last medical was in late March last year and my last ECG was late March 2018 I don't need a medical. So, Int C licence application now being processed.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 22:25 (Ref:3954297)   #89
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, having had similar problems with logging in (I was trying to get the discount code for Halfords), the chap on the phone reset my password and login then advised me that because my last medical was in late March last year and my last ECG was late March 2018 I don't need a medical. So, Int C licence application now being processed.
Halfords still stock SD1 parts? Or were you picking up some Capri accessories in the sale for old times sake?