Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:987314)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh right..so now Ferrari is offering to open up their pit-to-car comms and race strategy, we hear sceptics... how helpful

If anything, opening up strategy isn't a good idea because it simply kills off another area in which Ferrari outsmart others. Other teams would simply know the strategy of Ferrari or rival teams. But i guess with standard fuel pump, it's not too hard to make an educated guess from the Pit-times.

And opening up the pit-to-car is good. And it'd stop all the rubbish from critics who allege Brawn/MS of ordering RB to slow down at every race.
Old 29 May 2004, 17:52 (Ref:987416)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Oh right..so now Ferrari is offering to open up their pit-to-car comms and race strategy, we hear sceptics... how helpful

Aimed at me?

I take it you didn't watch Sky Digi in 2002? What i say is correct. During that season, the only time we heard anything broadcast from Ferrari was on Michaels slow down lap, after he won, incidently, we didn't hear any of Rubens "praises" after the races he won. Wonder why that is?

Now Ross thinks it's a good idea, just wondering why he didn't think that 2 years ago, and has now changed his mind?
Old 29 May 2004, 17:57 (Ref:987421)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems very convenient doesn't it?
Old 29 May 2004, 18:02 (Ref:987427)   #29
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Must be because they are losing now. Hang on a sec....
Old 29 May 2004, 18:05 (Ref:987435)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 29 May 2004, 19:42 (Ref:987518)   #31
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets make it even more realistic so the fans can relate to it....the driver has to get out the car and fill from a regular pump, then queue up to pay only to get behind someone buying their lotto tickets....

.....for a syndicate.....!

JOKE!

It is a Saturday!
Old 29 May 2004, 19:59 (Ref:987533)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Shhhhh! Don't say that.......if Max is reading, he'll probably implement it. He calls it "being in touch with the fans".
Old 29 May 2004, 20:37 (Ref:987564)   #33
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: F1 should also adopt see thru's....

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
..... to liven up the sport says Ross Brawn....

Well actually he has called for the fuel tactics and in car radios to be made available to the fans to make it more insteresting... as described by f1-live.com these have been refered to "transparent" tactics....

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...28210518.shtml

Good idea? my opinion is that during a race it adds to the excitment not knowing when the leader is going to pit and who is on what strategy! making this available to the fans and more importantly to rival teams will take the little edge we have in the sport today!
How many F1 team managers would tune into the TV's to watch and hear what the other teams stratagies are?

What's to stop it?

Great idea though. They do it in NASCAR and it helps liven things up a little.

Imagine Montoya at the french GP last year "*bleep ble bleep ble ble ble bleep."
Old 30 May 2004, 04:27 (Ref:987763)   #34
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Shhhhh! Don't say that.......if Max is reading, he'll probably implement it. He calls it "being in touch with the fans".

....maybe thats why we don't get a picture of Wrex

this is a dumb idea if they really think they need to entertain fans that bad than they are obviously out of touch with the fans like us who still follow the races, we seem to have been forgotten lately for the ones who don't watch anymore. Sure some of us complain but as far as I know from hanging around here it doesn't seem like the majority have stopped watching
Old 30 May 2004, 05:08 (Ref:987772)   #35
SKWei
Rookie

SKWei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know only two F1 teams encrypt their radio communications: One is Jordan, who use a straightforward analogue audio inversion system. The other? Why it's Ferrari! And they use digital transmission with 128 digital encryption. They are far and away the least accessible of radio transmissions. Maybe Ross could try work on this internally rather than just saying so to the press!
Old 30 May 2004, 07:53 (Ref:987815)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As mentioned we have had it before - on Digital+ (ideal station for it with its alternate commentary. We had quite a lot of Williams radio. Juan was on a lot and yes they did need a bleeper! Hardly ever heard Ralf (nothing to say?). Again, as mentioned, we did get Ferrari, but only after a Michael win. Why not Rubens, well it wasn't every race and I guess only Michael had his scripted thank you ready
Old 30 May 2004, 10:48 (Ref:988017)   #37
SKWei
Rookie

SKWei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, didn't BBC Five Live have Williams radio comms from time to time?
Old 30 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:988105)   #38
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
They should just get rid of refuelling full stop.

There we go then Mr Prawn, your silly idea is now rendered useless!

I like the pit radio idea though.....good stuff.
I don't know what the rules are now - but last year the broadcasters could tune into pit to car radio and I think were able to broadcast it too - I remember listening in to the pit to car radio in Malaysia last yr and Radio 5 Live definately used it - Very enlightening, completely changed my opinion of DC at the time too. It is def something fans would find very interesting.
Old 30 May 2004, 12:29 (Ref:988107)   #39
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SKWei
Also, didn't BBC Five Live have Williams radio comms from time to time?
Yes
Old 30 May 2004, 16:42 (Ref:988416)   #40
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I surely want to hear todays Williams' (both of them).
Old 30 May 2004, 18:21 (Ref:988479)   #41
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL - I think being a fly on the wall at Williams or McLaren-Mercedes would make good listening...
Old 30 May 2004, 18:25 (Ref:988485)   #42
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right! I forgot the Macs. Though Kimi banging his helmet pretty much told everything!

PS: Is it me or David is really enjoying to ride in that truck?