Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 May 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2456071)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Autosport 3hr Snett 30th/31st May

So, apart from me who else is looking forward to what will be another fantastic Autosport 3hr meeting?

With most classes present from DBT with the superb F5000's and F2's, CRC, CF3, FJunior, FFord's, Historic Road Sports, 70's Road Sports, Historic Racing Saloons etc what more could we wish for - ah yes that famous Snetterton Sun!!

Looking forward to meeting many of you there!

Terry
Old 5 May 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2456087)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me ??
Old 5 May 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2456094)   #3
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to it, I think we've got 40 mins which will be fun. Bit late in the year for Snet though, won't be the same without the hail & sleet.
Old 5 May 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2456105)   #4
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Me ??
You better be!! At least you have a chance to be at the front of the field at some stage over the weekend!

Terry
Old 6 May 2009, 05:45 (Ref:2456237)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But not too often hopefully.
Old 6 May 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2456249)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we're going . . had a great race last year, hoping to be quicker this year . . . new engine and changed the diff, theory says it should work, 1:30 is the target . . . .
Old 6 May 2009, 07:19 (Ref:2456268)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great meeting and will be doing the 3 hour in my Merlyn with Terry Van der Zee
Old 6 May 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2456276)   #8
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I plan to be there as well. We will run the Elva in the 3 Hour hoping to improve on our 5th overall last year.

The car has been totally rebuilt since the BBQ incident at the Revival last year and is now resplendent in its very early period livery of red with a silver stripe.

I will probably also run in the saloons race as well.
Old 6 May 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2456277)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Im not. We are back at Spa.I have to go as Eddy needs his tea.Good luck to you all and hope the weather is kind to you.
Old 6 May 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2456278)   #10
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Struggling to post photos.....

before.....
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

after.....
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Last edited by rogerwills; 6 May 2009 at 07:44. Reason: Photos don't display
Old 6 May 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2456359)   #11
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks pretty cool Roger. I always think historic cars look better in period livery. Is that Ollie Hancock sitting in it?

Have entered the Formula Junior for Snetterton. Wish I had a Sports Racer/GT aswell!
Old 6 May 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2456369)   #12
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Early in its history the car had been owned by Mike Rahal, father of Indy legend Bobby Rahal. Bobby gave me some lovely photos of the car from period including a couple of him as a 13-14 year old polishing the car. It seemed the right thing to do in restoring it after the fire to revert to the early period livery.

The photo is of Joe Twyman testing it for the first time since the rebuild at Donington last week. It ran very well. Can't wait to get out in it again!
Old 6 May 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2456429)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roger, it looks superb. Is Joe co-driving again at Snet. I'm really looking forward to this meeting, especially the 3 hours. It has become one of the races I most look forward to in the year, and the great thing for me is that it is at one of my 'local' tracks (the other is Cadwell; fabulous contrast; how lucky can you get?).
Old 6 May 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2456440)   #14
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Yes, Joe will co-drive in the 3 Hour.

I also think it is one of the great events of the season.
Old 6 May 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2456682)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
looks good

Is that flame red Roger?
Old 6 May 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2456782)   #16
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
That was the previous colour scheme.......
Old 7 May 2009, 07:19 (Ref:2456982)   #17
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger,Remind Joe to change the HTP with new photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 May 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2456987)   #18
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Thanks Ted. We plan to get photos to you after the weekend in the new colour scheme!
Old 8 May 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2457702)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
So, apart from me who else is looking forward to what will be another fantastic Autosport 3hr meeting?

With most classes present from DBT with the superb F5000's and F2's, CRC, CF3, FJunior, FFord's, Historic Road Sports, 70's Road Sports, Historic Racing Saloons etc what more could we wish for - ah yes that famous Snetterton Sun!!

Looking forward to meeting many of you there!

Terry
Hi Terry, we will be there, flying the flag for North Walsham! Suzanne, James and myself (feeling very privileged) in Suzanne's MGB, Autosport 3hr race.

My last race at Snet- GTS last April- started in 'famous Snetterton sun' and finished in a violent hailstorm. Is that what you meant?

Regards, Mike
Old 8 May 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2458202)   #20
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hi Terry, we will be there, flying the flag for North Walsham! Suzanne, James and myself (feeling very privileged) in Suzanne's MGB, Autosport 3hr race.

My last race at Snet- GTS last April- started in 'famous Snetterton sun' and finished in a violent hailstorm. Is that what you meant?

Regards, Mike
Hi Mike, Yes know what you mean regarding the hailstorm -that was a good one wasn't it!! But we only have lovely sunny meetings at Snet (don't remember the wet ones!) says he thinking about all the lads and lasses out around the circuit in Orange - seriously though we have been extremely lucky weather wise over the past few seasons, hopefully this year's 3hr will just as good.

Anyway Mike great to see you keeping North Walsham well represented. Make sure that you pop up into RC to say hello -you don't need to wait until you receive an invitation (if you know what I mean by that!) and you'll find that NW is well represented up there with other members of the team too.

Should be a superb meeting -counting down the hours already. Look forward to seeing you there.

Terry
Old 22 May 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2467094)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
interesting that this meeting has dropped off the page, it has a strong entry list (except saloons dissapointingly) and a broad variation of races as well . . . I'm looking forward to it
Old 23 May 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2467497)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got 16 saloons on my list Zef, so not too bad, although it could be more, I agree. The one really light grid is the DBT (F5000 & F2), although I understand that there are more entries to be confirmed. Some of the possible drivers in that race are in the 3 hours which may explain their absence from it, and one, Marcus Pye, will no doubt be in the commentary box; I also think that some of the cars are marginal on Snet's noise limits which may also have an impact. I do hope that we get more confirmed entries, though, as Snet's a great circuit for these cars. However, as Zef says, excellent entries for the rest of the grids; something for everyone; I can't wait for this one.

Of course, the main event of the weekend is the Autosport 3 hours and I count about 40 odd entries for this. I guess the outright victory will be fought out again by the Hales/Shipman Crossle, the Schryver/Hadfield B6, the Schryver/Schryver B8 and the Cottingham Bros B8; I don't know the form of some the others but I'm guessing the Minshaw B8 will also go well, and it would be good to see the Douglas/Fearon Ginetta G16 in the mix. If I've missed any other contenders for outright victory, my apologies; despite the impression, I haven't actually scrutinised the list that closely. Whilst we will almost certainly see the winner from this SRC class (1601 - 2000cc), we could see one or two SRB (up to 1600cc) cars moving up towards the end, as last year. I have a particular interest in this latter class, as I'm putting up an award for it.

Last edited by John Turner; 24 May 2009 at 07:04.
Old 23 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2467699)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think entries for most grids are up on last year, saloons are about the same and they where frankly **** poor last year for what is an opportunity to stretch a cars legs for more than ten minutes at a fraction of the price anyone else charges. I appreciate Snetterton isn't Brands GP or Spa but its no worse than anywhere else.

I'm not sure what will increase the grids . . . .
Old 26 May 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2469257)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
From the entry list's I've just received,I would have thought the entry rate to be pretty good! The weather is supposed to be un-Snet like as well,so dont forget the Sun-Block.
Old 26 May 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2469434)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
It is Terence . . .except tin tops . . . . as I keep saying, theres more parked up than racing . . .why?