Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3297844)   #2526
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
I need a big favour: could someone report me the top speed reached by lmp1, lmp2, lmpc, gt, gtc cars during road america week-end? I searched on imsaracing.net hoping to find a .pdf that could reveal what I need, but nothing usefull found. Thanks in advance.
If I had to take a guess

LMP1: 190
LMP2: 178
LPC: 173
GT: 170
GTC: 160
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3297857)   #2527
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I need a big favour: could someone report me the top speed reached by lmp1, lmp2, lmpc, gt, gtc cars during road america week-end? I searched on imsaracing.net hoping to find a .pdf that could reveal what I need, but nothing usefull found. Thanks in advance.
http://boom.net/~mike/lapfu.php?even...S+Road+America

-mike
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3297861)   #2528
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Yeah that is a list of indicative speed, I mean something more accurate like the maximum speed event .pdf of WEC with top speed data car by car. I ask this because at le mans the SRT viper with 1245kg and 2x29.6mm restrictors was the car with the worst top speed, in ALMS is a heavier than 1245kg but basicly use same restrictors size (even if in ALMS, GT cars use E85 that should give some hp more than E10). So I asked my self if the car lacks of top speed also in ALMS, and if is it, how could be so grat at road america, a track with 3 very long straight.

EDIT: thanks to Mike Hedlund for your help. It seems that in ALMS, SRT viper has a good top speed. Strangely at le mans were so slow.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3297863)   #2529
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
EDIT: thanks to Mike Hedlund for your help. It seems that in ALMS, SRT viper has a good top speed. Strangely at le mans were so slow.
No problem. IMO, aero configuration (drag) has a bigger effect on trap speeds at all the tracks than any restrictor adjustments. Just look at the variance in GTC and PC trap speeds... they all have about the same power output and the same restrictors.

-mike
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3297884)   #2530
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
No problem. IMO, aero configuration (drag) has a bigger effect on trap speeds at all the tracks than any restrictor adjustments. Just look at the variance in GTC and PC trap speeds... they all have about the same power output and the same restrictors.

-mike
Yeah, I know, anyway is strange that SRT didn't use some kind of low drag configuration at LM. Maybe they detuned the engine to have reasonable consumes, even with the 95L fuel tank.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3297915)   #2531
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Ed Brown stated at Baltimore that Cosmo and another driver(Sharp) don't like each other and been fighting all year.
Got some proof to back this up? There was nothing on the broadcast that mentioned anything even close to this.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3297918)   #2532
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Look up the interview that Disney(ESPN) did with him or rewatch the ESPN(ABC) broadcast.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3297921)   #2533
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
Quote:
Look up the interview that Disney(ESPN) did with him or rewatch the ESPN(ABC) broadcast.
I heard "drivers weren't getting along", which is a bit different than "Cosmo and Sharp have been fighting all year long". I think this horse has been beaten enough.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3297928)   #2534
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Open your eyes(maybe that beating your getting will help LOL) and see the bigger picture.

Why would Ed get rid of his best driver this close to a race over drivers not getting along?
This late in the season he would of waited until the end of the season to decide over a minor ****y match between the drivers.

It was more than that(black eye and broken noses and wrists time)but the owner will never say that.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3297958)   #2535
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Open your eyes(maybe that beating your getting will help LOL) and see the bigger picture.

Why would Ed get rid of his best driver this close to a race over drivers not getting along?
This late in the season he would of waited until the end of the season to decide over a minor ****y match between the drivers.

It was more than that(black eye and broken noses and wrists time)but the owner will never say that.
So do you have actual proof? That's what fanta is asking for.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3297959)   #2536
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
I heard "drivers weren't getting along", which is a bit different than "Cosmo and Sharp have been fighting all year long". I think this horse has been beaten enough.
If you knew, what I know.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3298122)   #2537
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

ESM is owned by both Ed and Scott. Now that's not to say that there is equivalent financial equity involved - I don't know but common sense dictates - but it makes it more complicated than just race drivers getting along or not, no matter what that not getting along entails.

Having read some of the more candid David Brabham interviews out there, it's not hard to detect there was a certain frustration with Scott when they were partners as well. One can read into that what one wants to I guess?
Old 3 Sep 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3298147)   #2538
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sharp also pizzed off Bobby Rahal.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3298150)   #2539
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
I think you got it....Sharp is a very very very hard person to get along with!!!

Highcroft wasn't crying when he left just crying over the Patron money he took away from the team!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3298227)   #2540
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Highcroft wasn't crying when he left just crying over the Patron money he took away from the team!
No, instead Duncan closed the shop...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3298489)   #2541
C6Rracefan
Rookie

United States
Savannah,GA
C6Rracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DW Coupe

I happened to stop by Roebling Road track near Savannah today and the Delta Wing Coupe was there testing. I'm not sure if anyone posted this already but if someone has already I apologize for repeating it. It ran a few laps and seemed to be turning decent lap times. The Spirit of Daytona DP was there testing also and both cars were on the track at the same time once. To me the gap between them seemed to be about the same for the 2-3 laps they were on track together. I didn't have a stopwatch so it is just an estimate. Also no pictures as I didn't have my camera with me. But the coupe does look better than the awful looking mock-up displayed at Sebring. My eyes are not as good as they used to be but it did look like it was Katherine Legge doing the driving.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3298556)   #2542
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She is doing the testing
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Sep 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3298589)   #2543
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Rracefan View Post
I happened to stop by Roebling Road track near Savannah today and the Delta Wing Coupe was there testing. I'm not sure if anyone posted this already but if someone has already I apologize for repeating it. It ran a few laps and seemed to be turning decent lap times. The Spirit of Daytona DP was there testing also and both cars were on the track at the same time once. To me the gap between them seemed to be about the same for the 2-3 laps they were on track together. I didn't have a stopwatch so it is just an estimate. Also no pictures as I didn't have my camera with me. But the coupe does look better than the awful looking mock-up displayed at Sebring. My eyes are not as good as they used to be but it did look like it was Katherine Legge doing the driving.
Wow, that would be cool to stumble upon! They tweeted a photo today but it wasn't very revealing:

https://twitter.com/DeltaWingRace/st...257152/photo/1
Old 3 Sep 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3298598)   #2544
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Wow, that would be cool to stumble upon! They tweeted a photo today but it wasn't very revealing:

https://twitter.com/DeltaWingRace/st...257152/photo/1
Wasn't very revealing? Did you expect to see Katherine Legge's...oh you meant the car.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3298601)   #2545
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Wasn't very revealing? Did you expect to see Katherine Legge's...oh you meant the car.
NOW I know why you go to the races.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3299141)   #2546
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys provides an update on the damage from Baltimore here.

The bad news: The Core and Team Falken Tire Porsches and the Level 5 HPD ARX-03b were write offs. Core has a replacement car coming in from Germany next week. Porsche is trying to find a new chassis for Team Falken Tire before COTA as well, but they can use their 2010-spec car if necessary. Level 5 has already secured a new tub as well.

The relatively good news: The Paul Miller Racing Porsche and Risi Competizione Ferrari were repairable.

Estimated crash damage cost: $1.5 million+
Old 4 Sep 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3299144)   #2547
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Estimated crash damage cost: $1.5 million+
An attention getting sum. If the series is going to go back there, they need to urgently address the situation that developed at the start.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3299146)   #2548
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They won't be
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 5 Sep 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3299178)   #2549
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post

The bad news: The Core and Team Falken Tire Porsches and the Level 5 HPD ARX-03b were write offs. Core has a replacement car coming in from Germany next week. Porsche is trying to find a new chassis for Team Falken Tire before COTA as well, but they can use their 2010-spec car if necessary.
That is heartbreaking news about the Falken Porsche.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3299188)   #2550
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
That is heartbreaking news about the Falken Porsche.
Yeah and the Risi car look much worse to me.