Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2708637)   #1
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eurosport coverage (Closed - Use 'TV and Streaming' Thread)

Apologies for the separate thread but I know some of the Eurosport guys pop by now and again and I think this is worthy of a separate discussion which doesn't get buried.

The coverage looks like it's heading to be classic Eurosport scheduling where they ignore the advertised timing and just show what they fancy. Instead of a 9pm qualifying start for the live qualifying session, we've just had 15 minutes of a pre-recorded talk show about a football tournament that hasn't started yet.

Add to that the failure of Eurosport Player this evening, plus showing the dreadful LM 24 minutes show rather than a live session.

Any chance it's going to get better guys?
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2708646)   #2
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Never trust Eurosport schedule.

Interviews, thanks mostly to the interviewers, are really pathetic.

Le Mans 24 Minutes is a bit dreadful too. There are even two of them during the race! But at least ES2 will have (according to schedule...) live race at the same time.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2708647)   #3
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said.

Could they also increase the size if their on screen graphics please ? Can't read them.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2708648)   #4
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its classic Eurosport, has always been like this. Then when they do come live they come with Carlton Kirby.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2708652)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Usual Eurosport stuff on scheduling. Crap as ever.

The HD rocks though. I love it.
When it isn't in HD it is awful! As usual. Crap as ever.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2708655)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Interviews, thanks mostly to the interviewers, are really pathetic.
And why half of them are in French?
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2708661)   #7
tux1234
Racer

If we all contact Eurosport maybe they will take notice that viewers are not happy. Have muted tv coverage now cant stand kirby.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2708664)   #8
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm listening to RLM, it's a lot better. At least ES have Neville Haye and Liz Halliday...
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2708673)   #9
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've contacted them on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/eurosportuktv and they picked up on my missives about the Eurosport Player being on the fritz.

But year, 15 minutes late to the party is pretty shabby. Glad I'm only subscribing to them for the duration of this month to watch Le Mans, otherwise I'd have no hair left, pulling it out in frustration over their complete failure in keeping to their own schedule.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2708676)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I only just installed my HD box minutes ago, and it's the first programme I've watched on HD - and it's absolutely maginificent. It makes up so much for not being their, because especially at this time of night, the picture is stunning.

However.

If I collected a pound for every time the presenter of The 24 Minutes said 'of course', then I could probably afford to run my own Norma-Judd at next year's race.

Until I had HD I simply could not read the graphics.

Kirby and Cole leave much to be desired. They have chemistry, granted - but they are commentators and it would be nice for them to commentate on the action more!

Martin Haven is a genius - right up there with Hindaugh as on of the best, he's thoroughly entertaining as well as informative.

I still feel that the cars aren't loud enough. From watching it, you don't get that same impression that these cars make the serious noise we all know they do.

But generally, it's better than before. The 24 Minutes is a good idea, but it's been very poorly executed. The presenter seems horribly out of his depth, the so called "reports" are very poor quality and tell us little, and it doesn't analyse what's actually going on enough.

It's an improved show from Eurosport, yes, but it's still far off - and all they really need to do to make it better is hire some new commentators, and their are plenty of other things that can be improved without it affecting their budget for the race at all.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2708689)   #11
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
But generally, it's better than before. The 24 Minutes is a good idea, but it's been very poorly executed. The presenter seems horribly out of his depth, the so called "reports" are very poor quality and tell us little, and it doesn't analyse what's actually going on enough.
The 24 minutes show wouldn't be as bad, if they didn't insist on showing it when there was a live session on track...as a filler in between the sessions fine, but not when there are live cars to be seen.

....and the guy wasn't good, they've got some good commentators, they should use them.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2708692)   #12
tux1234
Racer

the other critiscism of the 24 minute show is why have they focused solely on lmp1 and gt2. Lmp2 hasnt had a mention and Gt1 just barely. For 2 days in a row all they have gone on about in Gt2 is Corvette and Bmw, not a mention of Aston or Jaguar. As has been said its a good idea but not when there is a track session on.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2708702)   #13
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
The 24 minutes show wouldn't be as bad, if they didn't insist on showing it when there was a live session on track...as a filler in between the sessions fine, but not when there are live cars to be seen.
I agree, when there's a session on just show the track. They can show as much football/24mins etc the rest of the time. Between these late starts, 24mins and ad breaks just how much of the session do we actually get? It's only one week a year, let's get it right.

But apart from that I'm still glad I forked out for the eurosport player, it's been pretty reliable so far and scales OK on my computer monitor.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2708703)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair it isn't worth mentioning the Jag.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2708718)   #15
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is anybody still wayching eurosport on the analogue astra satellite??

I lost the signal last night - dont know whether my analogue satellite dish has finally died or if the analogue signal has been taken off air????

thanks for any help
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2708720)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have seen the 24 mins programme every night this, I have one question well the hell did the find the presenter, he is worst than terible.

I have the sound turned right down on the TV and I have RLM on instead.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2708731)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol

Enjoy most ofit to be honest

Apart from CK, but that is to be expected, nerly every time he opens his mouth there are mistakes! I think I have found the reason why he is there though, hee seems to be abole to speak perfect French?

Maybe this is the hidden reason, coz after all Motors and Eurosport are French
Old 11 Jun 2010, 04:37 (Ref:2708872)   #18
R32Big_boy
Rookie

R32Big_boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone had any luck setting up a proxy from Australia to subscribe to Eurosport and watch it?
Old 11 Jun 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2708979)   #19
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pit reporters are crap and the screen they showing with position of the cars is to small.And the 24 min program is so so but don't do this program if there is a free practice or a qualifying going on.And eurosport please stick to the program and not like yesterday evening that they missed the first 15 min of the qualifying
Old 11 Jun 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2708984)   #20
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't quite get the Eurosport Player's three different feed settings?

There's standard, high, and very high quality, and yet, to the untrained eye, they're all as grainy as each other and look truly horrible when maximised. The on-screen graphics are impossible to read as well.

Tomorrow should be a hoot. Squinting at the screen for long durations, trying to fathom out just what is actually going on.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2708998)   #21
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can I watch LM 24h in China?
only Eurosport is avliable in HK region I know
Old 11 Jun 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2709128)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The sound mix on most of the Eurosport programming is wrong.

They seem to drown out the live sound and have the commentry turned way up. Its been the same since I remember. Not sure if there is a reason for this, (multiple language commentry?) but it sure is annoying, and robs the viewers of much atmosphere.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2709148)   #23
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Monkey Head keep an eye on THIS thread during the race for streaming feeds
Old 11 Jun 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2709488)   #24
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I don't quite get the Eurosport Player's three different feed settings?

There's standard, high, and very high quality, and yet, to the untrained eye, they're all as grainy as each other and look truly horrible when maximised. The on-screen graphics are impossible to read as well.
Bitrates: standard 550 kbps, high 900 kbps and very high 1500 kbps. Resolution is same in all of them (720x404). There is clear difference between them but probably hard to see if you're maximizing the stream to full screen... it's not even SD quality so how great quality can you really expect?

Would help if some modern codec like H264 (Flash) was used instead of quite crappy Windows Media.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2709493)   #25
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head View Post
How can I watch LM 24h in China?
only Eurosport is avliable in HK region I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by undoz View Post
@Monkey Head keep an eye on THIS thread during the race for streaming feeds
Or this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...122679&page=99
Closed Thread