Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 17 Sep 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3454162)   #51
Supernova
Rookie

United States
Austin Tx
Supernova should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the plate was made for a potential future as yet unmade (at that time) chassis? I notice that the month of production is also missing. It is always interesting trying to figure out these mysteries! :-) Hope you are keeping well Randy.

Mike.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3565187)   #52
randyzimmer
Rookie

randyzimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking the Rondel needs a new home.
I'm taking it to the Glen for the Mazda-featured vintage street days in Sept.
Thanks,
Randy Zimmer
rz221ebay at yahoo.com
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:25 (Ref:3866327)   #53
randyzimmer
Rookie

randyzimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a message from what appears to be a new Rondel owner. more news as it becomes available. Steve, check your spam folder for my reply.
Old 2 Jan 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3873655)   #54
SWR
Rookie

SWR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motul m1

Hi randy Happy new year!
Would really like to catch up with you and
Yes have sent you a couple of emails To the contact emails you put on this site so hope you recieved them.
We have aquired chasis 6 via Martin Donn in the Uk.
Still in its orange paintwork and totally unrestored.
Thanks steve
Old 25 Nov 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3942639)   #55
raltroundup
Rookie

raltroundup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
208 history

208 partial history per Mike Rand (as of September 2019)
He bought the car from Fred Opert in early '74. T. Pryce name on the cockpit cover and Titan Properties on the wing. Ran it in SCCA Nationals and in late summer 1974 at Road Atlanta hit the T7 tire wall (destroyed LF suspension and severely damaged LF tub.) Sold, then raced in FC in Connecticut and sold to Randy Zimmer of western New York who raced it in CanAm U2 late 70's. Still owned by R. Zimmer.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3942911)   #56
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raltroundup View Post
208 partial history per Mike Rand (as of September 2019)
He bought the car from Fred Opert in early '74. T. Pryce name on the cockpit cover and Titan Properties on the wing. Ran it in SCCA Nationals and in late summer 1974 at Road Atlanta hit the T7 tire wall (destroyed LF suspension and severely damaged LF tub.) Sold, then raced in FC in Connecticut and sold to Randy Zimmer of western New York who raced it in CanAm U2 late 70's. Still owned by R. Zimmer.
Are you sure this was 208? I thought Rand's car was Chris Meek's Formula Atlantic car, which ran in Titan Properties livery and was raced by Pryce a few times in June.

208 was the number Roger Seacrist used when he advertised his car in 1976:

I'd love to swap notes with you on the Rondels. I've done a lot of work on them recently but would appreciate anything you can add.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 23:09 (Ref:3986626)   #57
BryantRacing
Rookie

BryantRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hello, I found this forum while searching for information on the vehicle my family is currently in possession of.

The Chassis plate states it is car 205, Its currently in a Western Illinois outside of the Alton area in the united states. My family came into possession of it after my uncle told us it was in his shop. When it was taken down he explained that he was on a crew that ran the car and when they stopped racing it came home with him(He is in Ill Health, as i gather more information i will pass on what i learn of its history).

Its currently in pieces, The engine is supposedly in a local shop(trying to track that down) While it would be my intention to restore the car, I am not the patriarch of the family so the decision rests on the shoulders of my uncle and my father. As I get photos of the car I will post them here. I'm sure I will be reaching out to some of the other owners to pick your brains about parts, and I thank you in advance for your assistance.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 00:43 (Ref:3986632)   #58
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryantRacing View Post
Hello, I found this forum while searching for information on the vehicle my family is currently in possession of.

The Chassis plate states it is car 205
Have a look here for the early history, https://www.oldracingcars.com/rondel/m1/ Good pedigree and it will be interesting to see if its possible to confirm the subsequent history!