Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3226321)   #1
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans Tramway Extensions

Google translated from http://www.travaux-tram-lemans.fr/

Following the success of the T1 tram line launched in 2007, a second phase is set up to enhance the ease of movement in our city. It concerns the rallying neighborhoods Coulaines and Allonnes.

1 - T2 line: Coulaines connect downtown with the extension of the tram line
The new tram line from senior Bellevue, Mallets and descends through the Cross by Peter passes on the Place des Jacobins and just connect to the existing tram line at the Prefecture.

2 - T3 line: Allonnes link to North Station with the introduction of the line of Bus with High Level of Service (BRT)
This bus rally center and multimodal Allonnes the Gare Nord optimally. In effect it will have its own lane on most of the route and will have priority over general traffic.

This work, conducted and produced by SEM-group TRANSAMO in the name and on behalf of Le Mans Métropole, began December 16, 2011 for the T2.

Commissioning of the new network (T2 + T3) is scheduled for the second half of 2014.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 29 Mar 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3226425)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How does this effect La Sarthe to Le Mans? (Never used the tram system)
Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3226525)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Not much. From the Circuit to the City you use tramline 1 (the red line in steve's first link). There will be a little overlap when line 2 will be using the same track. Only big issue is the transformation of Place des Jacobins where the scrutineering used to be.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3226528)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
you should try it great way to get into town
Old 29 Mar 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3226559)   #5
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
In the fact, not a lot of interest for you when you come in le mans for the 24 hours. The second tram line goes to the north of Le mans and the bus line with high level of service goes to Allonnes because a lot of people use the bus between Le mans and Allonnes, it is the most used line. Nothing very interesting in these parts of Le Mans.
But for you the tram from Antarès to the center of Le Mans is a very good way. I agree with Simon.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3226567)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sorry, I posted it as a general interest point that there will be much construction work in the town during the 2013 race.

Given what's been said here, I won't bother to help anyone in future.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3226580)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
you should try it great way to get into town
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
In the fact, not a lot of interest for you when you come in le mans for the 24 hours. The second tram line goes to the north of Le mans and the bus line with high level of service goes to Allonnes because a lot of people use the bus between Le mans and Allonnes, it is the most used line. Nothing very interesting in these parts of Le Mans.
But for you the tram from Antarès to the center of Le Mans is a very good way. I agree with Simon.
This year I will try to make it into town for the parade. Hopefully I will join to Pit Visit again, and after that take the tram to see the Parade, and afterwards the town itself
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3226582)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
I'm sorry, I posted it as a general interest point that there will be much construction work in the town during the 2013 race.

Given what's been said here, I won't bother to help anyone in future.
Hey Steve, don't take things the wrong way your help is always welcome and although people like us know our way around Le mans after all these years others still need to explore and things like the tramway make that much easier.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3226583)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Hey Steve, don't take things the wrong way your help is always welcome and although people like us know our way around Le mans after all these years others still need to explore and things like the tramway make that much easier.
Indeed, My question was simply a result of my ignorance, and not on how useful our info is .
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3226592)   #10
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well the interest I was mentionning was an only touristic interest Sorry if I made feeling a trouble.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3226603)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Well the interest I was mentionning was an only touristic interest Sorry if I made feeling a trouble.
Something I also must do sometime. However I arrive early wednesday, and therefore don't have time to be a "normal" tourist in Le Mans. But yes, something I will do at some point
Old 30 Mar 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3226698)   #12
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
When arriving wednesday, you have time to do some 'tourist' things thursday morning and afternoon before qualifying and when you don't have a car (and even when you do!) the tramway is very much recommended! It's one of the best public transport systems I've ever seen. Better make use of it when you can!