Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Jun 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3260861)   #1
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ERX Round 5 Hell 15th/16th June

26 Supercars entered
13 Touring Cars
13 Super 1600

http://www.rallycrossinhell.com/doku...X_Hell_NOR.pdf

Plus 20 SuperNationals

http://www.rallycrossinhell.com/doku...T%202013-1.pdf
Old 14 Jun 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3262776)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Keersmaecker still absent due to his crash in Hungary?
Old 14 Jun 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3262791)   #3
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if there's going to be another live stream?
Old 14 Jun 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3262803)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
IIRC Finland, Norway, Sweden, France and maybe Germany have live TV coverage so I assume also a live stream.
Old 16 Jun 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3263392)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched the live stream live this time and, once again, really enjoyed the coverage. Some good technical input from Jordan and, although one or two moments were missed by the cameras in the live stream, they were quickly shown in replays, so good job there.

As for the racing itself bad luck again for Petter Solberg and unlucky for Bakkerud too, as I was rooting for him to win. Quick drive from Liam in the final: just a shame that I'm not more enthusiastic seeing a British driver on the top of the podium.

Starting to see Timur pull out a lead now, very consistent driving from him, but be nice to see him actually take a win if he is going to claim the Championship! Going to need a concentrated effort from Hansen (or possibly Jeanney) to pull him back: or Solberg to shake off the bad luck and fully deliver the pace he seems capable of!
Old 16 Jun 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3263393)   #6
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Watched the live stream live this time and, once again, really enjoyed the coverage. Some good technical input from Jordan and, although one or two moments were missed by the cameras in the live stream, they were quickly shown in replays, so good job there.

As for the racing itself bad luck again for Petter Solberg and unlucky for Bakkerud too, as I was rooting for him to win. Quick drive from Liam in the final: just a shame that I'm not more enthusiastic seeing a British driver on the top of the podium.

Starting to see Timur pull out a lead now, very consistent driving from him, but be nice to see him actually take a win if he is going to claim the Championship! Going to need a concentrated effort from Hansen (or possibly Jeanney) to pull him back: or Solberg to shake off the bad luck and fully deliver the pace he seems capable of!
Agreed, enjoyed the coverage and especially Jordan. Coley still needs to learn the sport a bit better I'd say!

Petter is getting silly now. Should have won in Portugal but missed it by a teeny amount despite taking 2 jokers, should have at least made the final in Hungary before suffering car issues in the semi, should have won in Finland if the car was solid, and was fastest in Hell by a distance before the car gave up again. If only 'shoulds' were 'woulds' then the battle at the top may be closer! As it is I can't see Timur throwing it away - he just doesn't make mistakes or ever have bad luck in the heats, meaning he always gets around 1--16 points in the heats alone. No-one else is so consistent across all 4 heats.
Old 16 Jun 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3263550)   #7
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed the coverage and thought Jordan did a really good job, especially at identifying problems with cars, etc. Also when you listen to him talk you realise how much he understands about the engineering side of the sport.

I am not a huge Doran fan but all credit to him this weekend. I didn't think he was too blame for the clash with Solberg in the 3rd heat and his drive in the semi-final was nothing short of excellent. I think he may have had Bakkerud in the final although we will never know. As Jordan observed his driving was less flamboyant this weekend and he came away with the win.

Re Petter he needs to find some luck but also to make some luck. Often in the wrong place and trying too hard when he doesn't need to. It will turn around for him but the question is when? He runs on a relaitvely shoestring and wonder how the money men feel.

Also have to feel for Andy Scott. Talking of people who need a change of fortune........

Really looking forward to Sweden now. In the US this starts at 8am and is the perfect wake-up before Church.

Mark
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3263681)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you quite sure Solberg runs on a shoe string MArk?

That car doesnt seem to ba lacking anywhere, and neitehr does anything else in his setup?

He might not have the budget of a Hansen or Olsbergs team but I dont think he is lacking finance!!

Not watched yet, but Hell always struck me as a track where smooth is quick and if Liam is finally learning this then he should be winning, his car seems quicker if a little more unreliable than the Hansen cars that just understeer endlessly.

Nice to see Bakkerud getting in there too, the lad is such a great kid, and has struggled a little so far.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3263716)   #9
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I can see, the LDM DS3 and the PSRX DS3 share the same suppliers. And where as Liam has been able to turn reliability arround, Petter still seems to break the car in every race weekend.

I share Mark's opinion that Petter seems to be looking for trouble at the wrong time, in the wrong place. With 2 fastest times on the clock, you can cruise to the finals with 2 top10 finishes, saving the car for the finals.

As per Scott (and De Keermaeker) I feel Mtechnology wasn't as ready as they were in previous years. The froggies build their cars differently and both drivers are used to "Nordic-style" build cars. Given time to test, test and test again (e.g. the improvement after the pre Finland test with Salo) they will get there. I'm not sure the same drivers will be in the cars, but they will get there.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3263737)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross
Re Petter he needs to find some luck but also to make some luck. Often in the wrong place and trying too hard when he doesn't need to. It will turn around for him but the question is when? He runs on a relaitvely shoestring and wonder how the money men feel.
I will bow to your superior knowledge on this subject, as you are more likely to have the inside track on the financial situation, but the Solberg car certainly doesn't give the impression as one that has been built on a shoestring budget (in the same way Petters WRCars sometimes did). That carbon bodywork alone must be a small fortune!

Agreed on Solbergs driving. He wasn't under pressure in the fourth heat and, although I can understand he wanted a good time to ensure he made the finals, he was obviously aware that the post Heat 3 repair was a hurried one. I was expecting him to at least back off on the big crest to preserve the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor View Post
As far as I can see, the LDM DS3 and the PSRX DS3 share the same suppliers. And where as Liam has been able to turn reliability arround, Petter still seems to break the car in every race weekend.
The parts may come from the same place, but the construction of the cars is by different teams. From a configuration standpoint, I daresay you could argue the Doran car is more advanced in that it is running a transverse layout, Petters car has the engine mounted longitudinally.

Liam (or rather his team) have been working with the DS3's for a couple of years now, Petters team are in their first year with the car. In fact, considering that the team finished the car just prior to the season kicking off at Lydden, they have had less than 3 months with the car (and it has already been significantly revised in that time). I'm sure the mechanics for Doran will have learned a lot in the time they have been running Liams car; plus they are sure to have gleaned more knowledge from the cars of Pat Doran and Andreas Bakkerud as well.

Having that - and I'm not a superstitious person - but Petter seemed to have a prolonged streak of bad luck and misfortune in the WRC and, sadly, it does seems to have followed him to rallycross. He is spectacular to watch though: for that reason alone I want to see him lift a trophy at least once this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunder
Not watched yet, but Hell always struck me as a track where smooth is quick and if Liam is finally learning this then he should be winning, his car seems quicker if a little more unreliable than the Hansen cars that just understeer endlessly.
There was still a bit of show in there, but I thought Liam was driving tidier then we've seen in the past. Just got to work on that personality now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunder
Nice to see Bakkerud getting in there too, the lad is such a great kid, and has struggled a little so far.
Be interesting to see what you/others think, but I thought Norway was his best performance of the year thus far.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3264241)   #11
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Liam (or rather his team) have been working with the DS3's for a couple of years now, Petters team are in their first year with the car. In fact, considering that the team finished the car just prior to the season kicking off at Lydden, they have had less than 3 months with the car (and it has already been significantly revised in that time). I'm sure the mechanics for Doran will have learned a lot in the time they have been running Liams car; plus they are sure to have gleaned more knowledge from the cars of Pat Doran and Andreas Bakkerud as well.
Not completely true as Doran set up LDMotorsport arround November. Before that MTechnology was running the car for Liam. Most of the mechanics used to work on other cars before this year. In that regard, both Liam and Petter were last minute with the car.
I know people love or hate Liam, but I had the pleasure of working with him. After the Lydden event, he was willing to stay up all night for a schoolproject although he and his team barely had any sleep the week prior and just had a nightmare event with 2 broken engines, just to save me a 5 hour drive.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3264333)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Not completely true as Doran set up LDMotorsport arround November. Before that MTechnology was running the car for Liam. Most of the mechanics used to work on other cars before this year. In that regard, both Liam and Petter were last minute with the car.
Mtechnologies weren't running the car for Pat last year, were they? Liam's car was finished well before Lydden as well, wasn't it? The team was new, but I didn't think the car was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
I know people love or hate Liam...
I personally think he is a talented driver, its just his personality that grates.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3264424)   #13
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mtechnologies weren't running the car for Pat last year, were they? Liam's car was finished well before Lydden as well, wasn't it? The team was new, but I didn't think the car was?
Andreas Bakkerud's car was finished for the British championship round at Lydden so I would presume he has Liam's MTech car from this year.

Meanwhile Liam's current car was all new for this season and only finished the week before ERX Round 1 (also at Lydden just to be confusing).
Old 19 Jun 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3264740)   #14
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Pozi is right.

Pats car is autopoint-build, recycling al lot of the crashed/spare KHM C4 parts. That's not comparable with the other 2 DS3's

Andreas is driving the 2012 MTechnology DS3, rebuild and updated by LDMotorsport over the winter.

Liam's DS3 is new build by LDMotorsport and was finished sunday morning in the paddock in Lydden, after many a sleepless night.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3264852)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Pats car is autopoint-build, recycling al lot of the crashed/spare KHM C4 parts. That's not comparable with the other 2 DS3's.
I understood from the Speedhunters article a while back (and a thread that appeared on the MLR), Pats DS3 was a different configuration. Didn't know where the bits had come from though! When you say crashed C4 parts, I assume thats from the C4 that Liam rolled at Lydden?

Quote:
Andreas is driving the 2012 MTechnology DS3, rebuild and updated by LDMotorsport over the winter.

Liam's DS3 is new build by LDMotorsport and was finished sunday morning in the paddock in Lydden, after many a sleepless night.
Ah, got it! Well I still stand by my original point in that the LDMotorsport team have had more time with a completed DS3(s) than the Solberg team, though obviously not as much as I originally thought!
Old 21 Jun 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3265930)   #16
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
In my knowledge, both the lydden rolled and the Czech rolled C4.

I won't argue about who had the least time with a new car. Petter wins that one My piont was that LDMotorsport reliability was worst in Lydden, but they seem to have turned that arround.

BTW, this is a little preview of what we did at Lydden/ LDMotorsport
Old 22 Jun 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3266393)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Getting rather bored of punctures deciding a lot of these races.

About time Cooper and Avon whoe ever they are did something about it

Cant be that hard to build a stronger sidewall, the puncture rate at the moment is pathetic in sueprcars
Old 22 Jun 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3267216)   #18
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not his number 1 fan but fair play he drove a stormer well done