Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 7 Mar 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1860225)   #1
rhodopsin
Racer

Sri Lanka
Halesowen
rhodopsin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the point of uploading photos .....

..... when you do this to them:

How sad !
Old 7 Mar 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1860250)   #2
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsin
..... when you do this to them:

How sad !
i dont think davhut was serious when he posted that.. he was taking the ****
Old 7 Mar 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1860842)   #3
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice font!
Old 7 Mar 2007, 19:35 (Ref:1860851)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is the context: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...41#post1857441
Old 7 Mar 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1860895)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah....sarcasm. So hard to detect on t'internet.

Who knows, this whole topic may of been tongue in cheek!?
Old 7 Mar 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1861010)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Knowing Davhut, that WAS just a P#*#take....I did mention a long time ago that some people were "seemingly" posting umpteen shots of varying qualities just to show their credit on each picture thus constantly it showed their name or their website every few days or so which is overdoing it a little. Keep up the good work guys but remember the forum rules on the subject-thanks a bunch!

Baz
Old 8 Mar 2007, 21:51 (Ref:1861834)   #7
Guidoh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Near Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK
Guidoh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly,

sarcastic or not......

It is a reality that you have to watermark your images nowadays.

I've seen people with blatantly watermarked images on their mantlepieces in a frame just cos the photo is of them on a trackday. They're too tight to pay for it from the snapper who's probably paid a fortune to get to that poin of being able to take the shot in the first place...

For those of us trying to make a living from their photography rather than giving images away, you HAVE to protect YOUR work however you can cos you can guarantee if you don't, the pics will end up on every site or in every personal JPEG collection beofre you can say PHOTO THEFT.........
Old 9 Mar 2007, 01:50 (Ref:1861966)   #8
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
on a serious note as well, I have no qualms setting up galleries for real clients (commercial stuff) but over the years, I have become more and more convinced that setting up galleries or whatever with watermarked shots for anything other than commercial work means that people just are happy copying the lowrez jpgs for their screens and will not order prints (or will make god-awful prints on regular paper of hte watermarked stuff)

I know this topic was tongue in cheek to begin with, but the reality is that posted images are often good enough for joe-blow public to keep and not pay for anything else. I realize that you have to present your work for people to see for them to buy,but for some specific situations, I resent putting the time into editing and prep when nothing comes out of it, and you know that people are just keeping the jpgs as "screen memories", so simply I keep away from that sort of work now.

cheers
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1862176)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Theres a lot to be said for password protecting your galleries then. Yes it will reduce the number of hits but if the majority arent buying anyway maybe you dont want them looking
I dont but am currentlly thinking about doing so as the number of hits my site receives is extremely disproportinate to the mnumber of sales (if hits equal sales I'd own the internet )
Old 13 Mar 2007, 17:41 (Ref:1865699)   #10
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know this term...

Quote:
that WAS just a P#*#take....
And it was simply a joke, must've been a quiet day here in the midwest in the dead of winter. Sorry to have cause such a Brou*aha !