Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Feb 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1831747)   #26
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone described her perfectly to me some time back - thinking mans crumpet!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1831749)   #27
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who, VBH or Mariella?
Old 2 Feb 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1831981)   #28
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always preferred 5th Gear, though Top Gear has started to grow on me lately, never really been able to stand Jeremy Clarkson.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1832030)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
She's posh - and therefore filthy (all posh birds are filthy)...
Clarkson confirmed this when he left the original Top Gear. On eof the things he said he'd miss most was Vicki's filthy mind and constant need to talk about sex.

This is certainly far more interesting and exciting than an episode of 5th Gear.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 06:32 (Ref:1832370)   #30
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
My tastes lean to 5th Gear - tend to agree with racer 69 as Clarkson is too showbizzy for me - Ive seen him lately on Grumpy Old Men and the character doesnt change.
On the flipside Tiff Needell I think has a far superior knowledge of the mechanics and driveabilty of any given car plus the history side of motor sport or motoring in general and presents it straight up. Miss Vicky is just a bit of fun (and she can drive).
A colleague of mine had Tiff do the 'presents' for our new DVD series we have on motor sport from 1953-1973 (A Gentlemans Motor Racing Diary) and he was great - knows his subjects and did a great job so maybe I'm biased a bit.
Jason Plato - now he in my mind irked me in a similiar fashion as does Clarkson - just seemed to be trying too hard. The guys a great driver etc and not bad presenter - I (and I know a lot of others) couldnt take to him. Also as I said he may very well have priced himself out of a gig on 5th Gear. Also if your Australian and a V8 Supercar fan hes never been forgiven for that idiotic incident at Bathurst that not only took out John Cleland but also Peter Brocks car before he had a chance to drive his stint - most unfortunate.
Having not seen the new series yet I cant comment on any changes however I would love to see them lose that East Anglia circuit - bloody boring - find them another one guys theyve been using that for years................
Old 3 Feb 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1832566)   #31
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't seen much 5th gear except from what's available in Youtube and I don't think it's terrible. I think it's actually pretty good. The problem is really that Top Gear is just sooooo good that any other show seems to be a poor attempt in comparison. I personally like TN a lot (although he can be annoying at times) and VBH.....I can only say that I know what you mean Garcon.

But compare 5th gear to any other auto show (except from top gear) and it's actually pretty good. I have access to a couple more car related shows: Auto , Motor und Sport TV from germany which I would regard as "interesting" and another american show (whose name I don't remember) which is absolutely dreadful. 5th gear effectively beats the out of those 2 shows or any other for that matter. However TG beats it out of any show past, present...and future?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1832593)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Found another great clip, this time from new Top Gear, complete with the Hamster and my personal heroine - Sabine Schmidt. Man, can that girl drive! Clip here.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 21:09 (Ref:1834207)   #33
Stone Man
Rookie

Stone Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5th Gear is like the old Top Gear because..........

The production team from the original Top Gear programme are the same people who do 5th Gear!!

But what is Tiff's real first name and who is responsible for giving him the name Tiff?
Old 5 Feb 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1834208)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He is actually called Tiffany Dell, but they thought that sounded a bit girly and thus altered it.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1834210)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
His real name is Timothy. Tiff was a family nickname. He gets annoyed when people call him Tiffney Dell!
Old 5 Feb 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1834214)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh I am sorry!
Old 5 Feb 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1834217)   #37
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
He is actually called Tiffany Dell, but they thought that sounded a bit girly and thus altered it.
ouch!!! Come on! Sure, the guy sometimes gives "passion for cars" a new, worrying, meaning but....
Old 6 Feb 2007, 05:54 (Ref:1834464)   #38
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
His real name is Timothy. Tiff was a family nickname. He gets annoyed when people call him Tiffney Dell!
Isn't there a femaile british racer with the name Tiffany Dell?

As mentioned as far as i know his real name is Timothy Needell
Old 6 Feb 2007, 06:29 (Ref:1834478)   #39
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Isn't there a femaile british racer with the name Tiffany Dell?

As mentioned as far as i know his real name is Timothy Needell
Yes there is racer69 - thats why he gets a bit peeved about it - he was asked the question about the Tiffany Dell girl on Radio 1 or BBC one day. Timothy is his correct name.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 17:44 (Ref:1836531)   #40
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer Top Gear to 5th Gear, if the BBC would spend my license fee on luring Plato & VBH across it'd make it superb!
Old 8 Feb 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1836537)   #41
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteconnors
I prefer Top Gear to 5th Gear, if the BBC would spend my license fee on luring Plato & VBH across it'd make it superb!
I can just imagine how long Plato would last in that studio before Clarkson punched him.

There. That's about it.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1836568)   #42
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But you can't say it'd be boring viewing!!! If you want that, you'd need to get James May and Quentin Willson in the same room...
Old 8 Feb 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1836576)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

James May is the best one there!
Old 8 Feb 2007, 20:46 (Ref:1836688)   #44
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
James Allen needs to be on Top Gear he'd take the show to new hights.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1836699)   #45
Sharky
Veteran

I don't see VBH in Top Gear's current format. EIther of these wouls happen:

1. The other three might feel a bit uncomfortable around a lady therefore they would start to behave like decent people (something that I'm sure the audience would not appreciate).

2. They would probably pick on her so badly that she-s end up with a nervous breakdown.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 21:18 (Ref:1836722)   #46
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Awful suggestion...!

VBH - no ta, if you want to watch her watch 5th Gear!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1837266)   #47
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I'd love to see Clarkson rip him to pieces, bet he'd start crying! but it would be the end for Top Gear if Allen were on it. He'd be better on Fifth gear, next to VBH he'd probably appear less annoying.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1837553)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Highly unlikely!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1837568)   #49
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I think Allen and VBH would make quite a few switch off - those of us who find them both highly annoying anyway!
Old 12 Feb 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1839334)   #50
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
I think that was the point...