Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3567042)   #2301
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Then again one of those blokes has a couple of Bathurst wins to his name and a lap that will never be surpassed, the other... Unfulfilled promise due to a hot temper and being too hard on the car....
The discusion was championship contender taken out, only one of them was a contender, and Bathurst Cost him the championship that year
Old 19 Aug 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3567051)   #2302
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The discusion was championship contender taken out, only one of them was a contender, and Bathurst Cost him the championship that year
.. By back markers. And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle. He was going to win the championship this year too if it wasn't for those meddling kids!
Old 19 Aug 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3567053)   #2303
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
.. By back markers. And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle. He was going to win the championship this year too if it wasn't for those meddling kids!
you can say what you like. Bathurst DNF cost him the championship
Old 20 Aug 2015, 04:45 (Ref:3567112)   #2304
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dumbrells wheel into Lowndes' windscreen might be one for the list.
The Perkins car was slower than #888 but that one wheel looked like it was moving pretty damn quick
Old 20 Aug 2015, 07:59 (Ref:3567151)   #2305
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

P11 of today's Fin Review...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Aug 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3567155)   #2306
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

P11 of today's Fin Review...
"first all-female driver combination to tackle the Bathurst 1000" - who writes this rubbish?
Old 20 Aug 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3567167)   #2307
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... This year
Old 21 Aug 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3567454)   #2308
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Russell Bros Racing Bathurst Merchandise - 'Join The Team'
Old 22 Aug 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3567658)   #2309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Does this mean both in the 1000, or one each for Dunlop & the 1000?
Old 22 Aug 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3567665)   #2310
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say the latter.

It's what we already know anyway.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3569045)   #2311
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
If i had a driver that was considering racing next year and he performs well as my co-driver int he enduros would i consider a wild card for the final event
Old 27 Aug 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3569048)   #2312
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
If i had a driver that was considering racing next year and he performs well as my co-driver int he enduros would i consider a wild card for the final event
You might if wild cards were available for the final event but they're not.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 01:58 (Ref:3569066)   #2313
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
You might if wild cards were available for the final event but they're not.
Of course they are. just like last year when Marcos ran the xbox car.

Wildcards are always available with approval from v8 supercars
Old 27 Aug 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3569072)   #2314
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Of course they are. just like last year when Marcos ran the xbox car.

Wildcards are always available with approval from v8 supercars
Let me re-phrase then. They are not available under the rules and would need special dispensation to happen.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 03:13 (Ref:3569077)   #2315
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Correct and if i bring a sponsor and quality driver that will be just a formality.

The track is designated as a 28 car track by v8 supercars
Old 27 Aug 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3569130)   #2316
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Correct and if i bring a sponsor and quality driver that will be just a formality.

The track is designated as a 28 car track by v8 supercars
I guess that depends - if the driver was a former series champion who has been racing in a high profile international series and the team a new one to the sport running under a high profile international stable and that combination generates interest for the event, then it would make sense. If it's Fred Nurk who's done OK in DVS with a new sponsor for this race only then maybe not so.

Anyway, there need to be compelling commercial reasons and it's not automatic or necessarily straightforward - here are a couple of the rules that might apply:
"In exceptional circumstances, and subject to the approval of the Stewards, V8 Supercars has the sole discretion:
6.1.7.1 to allocate the final four (4) qualifying positions in a race to Drivers who have
not qualified for that race; and
6.1.7.2 for compelling commercial considerations, to permit a Driver who may not
otherwise have qualified to start in a race, to start in any such race as a “wild
card” entry."

"V8 Supercars means V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd; and unless otherwise indicated in the text of a Rule, all references in these Rules to V8 Supercars will be construed as references to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of V8 Supercars"
Old 27 Aug 2015, 11:43 (Ref:3569136)   #2317
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
You can be confident "my" co driver will be acceptable. Especially using the precedent of last years Wild card entry.

Yes it will have to be acccepted, but that will almost be a rubber stamp in this case

"I" have a competitive COTF sitting in my garage that has recent race miles on it
Old 27 Aug 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3569146)   #2318
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It was easier to achieve when Mr Cochrane was in charge..
Old 27 Aug 2015, 18:12 (Ref:3569224)   #2319
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It was easier to achieve when Mr Cochrane was in charge..
Funnily enough maybe not - the same rules have been in place for over a decade and back then the V8 track capacity was fully utilised so a wild card couldn't be added into the field without one of the existing runners dropping out.

If Pecky's new driver is a stand-out then it could happen but the V8 CEO needs to justify to his board that there are compelling commercial considerations at play - the fact that wild cards have happened so rarely outside the endurance rounds is an indication that the bar on "compelling" is set high.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 21:54 (Ref:3569256)   #2320
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Funnily enough maybe not - the same rules have been in place for over a decade and back then the V8 track capacity was fully utilised so a wild card couldn't be added into the field without one of the existing runners dropping out.

If Pecky's new driver is a stand-out then it could happen but the V8 CEO needs to justify to his board that there are compelling commercial considerations at play - the fact that wild cards have happened so rarely outside the endurance rounds is an indication that the bar on "compelling" is set high.
or that very few have applied.

"I" am confident this will be accepted in light of "me" running this brand name driver next year in my 2nd car. Of course it all depends on the Enduro experience
Old 27 Aug 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3569266)   #2321
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
or that very few have applied.

"I" am confident this will be accepted in light of "me" running this brand name driver next year in my 2nd car. Of course it all depends on the Enduro experience
Or lack of experience in the case of the Shannon's Supercar Shootout wildcard or whatever it was called.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3569268)   #2322
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Or lack of experience in the case of the Shannon's Supercar Shootout wildcard or whatever it was called.
Did it try for Homebush?

I thought it was linked totally to Bathurst, which it achieved
Old 28 Aug 2015, 07:16 (Ref:3569311)   #2323
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Did it try for Homebush?

I thought it was linked totally to Bathurst, which it achieved
And wasn't the young kid who won the Shannon's thingy a certain Cameron Waters?

Way out of his depth that year on The Mountain but now the flavour of the month in the Development Series???
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 28 Aug 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3569313)   #2324
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all irrelevant if Ambrose would rather go fishing...
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3570108)   #2325
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Way out of his depth that year on The Mountain but now the flavour of the month in the Development Series???
Apart from a spin and miraculous save I think he did as well as he could be expected to do, at Bathurst and in that car...