Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2022, 21:40 (Ref:4108060)   #51
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
With a handful of laps left I was surprised that LeClerc decided to pit to replace his wing when it looked like only the endplate was damaged.
I think the fourth wing element on that side was also missing. And without the support of the endplate all the other elements might have gone the same way.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 14:08 (Ref:4108118)   #52
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What the race showed is DRS is not the solution to making overtaking easier. So far it's either been overkill (Bahrain and Jeddah) or not good enough (Australia and Imola)
Old 26 Apr 2022, 17:24 (Ref:4108139)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...It would be interesting to see if things played out the same if it was a fully dry race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I can't escape the feeling that the current cars are just too large for the place and maybe several other venues.
definitely think the cars are too large for the place and they did seem to manage better the day earlier in more dry conditions and with more favourable tires.

maybe a bit more incentive to push over those 20 laps of the sprint but then again who knows as there just seem to be too many moving variables to factor in from weather to new cars to different tracks etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What the race showed is DRS is not the solution to making overtaking easier. So far it's either been overkill (Bahrain and Jeddah) or not good enough (Australia and Imola)
so for sure i have spent many of these past years defending the need for DRS but that they seem to have been well off the mark so far this season in their placement of the zones and in the number of zones...i have to question the quality of the choices they are making.

rather what exactly is their process in determining where DRS will be set up, who is doing the modeling, do they have the necessary data to carry out effective simulations even etc?

increasingly looking like an area that requires greater transparency imo.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4108145)   #54
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Honestly, I think that's an odd take, especially considering you confirm two instances this season where it absolutely worked.

Rather, I think it's a case that certain tracks are just extremely difficult to overtake, even with DRS.
DRS is not the solution only if a better solution exists. If not better solution exists, then DRS is the solution.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4108155)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so for sure i have spent many of these past years defending the need for DRS but that they seem to have been well off the mark so far this season in their placement of the zones and in the number of zones...i have to question the quality of the choices they are making.
New cars, and early in the season. I think what we are seeing is promising. I do think DRS was needed previously

Richard
Old 30 Apr 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4108503)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The cars are quite tricky to drive, so some are getting to grips with it. I think the aero is at the right limit, but it’s a shame it took so long, especially as it would have meant getting rid of DRS sooner