Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Oct 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2779817)   #1
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should the ERX name be changed to WRX

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but with the likes of the US hosting Rallycross now
should there be a World Rallycross Championship instead of the ERX.
Use some of the rounds from that and maybe other countries like the US and maybe Russia host events
Old 24 Oct 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2779848)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 24 Oct 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2779852)   #3
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would of agreed with this a few months ago, but now that I've seen the current state that rallycross is in, I would say no. It's a nice thought and with the Americans currently developing a rallycross scene it would seem logical, but unless Australia starts rallycross again I think it will only stay in Europe and North America. And you need to think about the costs for shipping between the two continents.

But an Intercontinental Rallycross Championship sounds more realistic if it did happen.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2780026)   #4
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In order to be classified as a world championship you need to race at least 3 continents (or was it 4? at least more than 2).
Old 25 Oct 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2780456)   #5
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
In order to be classified as a world championship you need to race at least 3 continents (or was it 4? at least more than 2).
I suppose it may be possible in the future with countries like US, Barbados, Turkey having events - all places that have a decent level of rallysport. I think there used to be an FIA rule that any country wanting to have a world championship event had to have a functioning national championship first? However this may have been changed as we now have F1 GPs in the Middle East, Korea etc - places with little motorsport tradition.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2780765)   #6
M.Lowe
Veteran

There is talk of rallycross starting up again in Barbados
Maybe some of the Bajan drivers will contest some of the US rounds in the future
Old 26 Oct 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2780793)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
The rules did allow 12 ERC rounds till 2008, the regular competitors wanted just 8. Eventually the FIA ORC and the drivers met half-way to get the rules changed to 10 rounds. Why 8? Coz they have not enough time and money for 12 races between Finland and Portugal.

Who would go to take part in a WRXC? Half a dozen D1 regulars possibly… How many drivers from D1A and D2?

They had RX in Turkey, but its gone. They had RX in Israel, those were the days. Tatarstan (Russia) is still in Europe and for the officials easy to reach – by plane…

There was an ice-racing World series called IRSI, recognised by the FIA. After three poor years it was dead as a dodo. There was a hillclimb World series in the making, to take place at Pikes Peak (Race to the Clouds), the Erzberg in Austria, the Cardrona Valley (Race to the Sky) in New Zealand and possibly the Schauinsland-Hillclimb in Germany – never realised.

If it would come to an Amercia vs Europe event in the US and a Europe vs Amercia event preferably at Lydden or Lohéac by the end of each year I’m certain I would like the idea. But the current ERC changed to a World series is nothing but a worth.

Last edited by rx-guru; 26 Oct 2010 at 15:34.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2780869)   #8
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
The rules did allow 12 ERC rounds till 2008, the regular competitors wanted just 8. Eventually the FIA ORC and the drivers met half-way to get the rules changed to 10 rounds. Why 8? Coz they have not enough time and money for 12 races between Finland and Portugal.

Who would go to take part in a WRXC? Half a dozen D1 regulars possibly… How many drivers from D1A and D2?

They had RX in Turkey, but its gone. They had RX in Israel, those were the days. Tatarstan (Russia) is still in Europe and for the officials easy to reach – by plane…

There was an ice-racing World series called IRSI, recognised by the FIA. After three poor years it was dead as a dodo. There was a hillclimb World series in the making, to take place at Pikes Peak (Race to the Clouds), the Erzberg in Austria, the Cardrona Valley (Race to the Sky) in New Zealand and possibly the Schauinsland-Hillclimb in Germany – never realised.

If it would come to an Amercia vs Europe event in the US and a Europe vs Amercia event preferably at Lydden or Lohéac by the end of each year I’m certain I would like the idea. But the current ERC changed to a World series is nothing but a worth.

here here
Old 26 Oct 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2780873)   #9
M.Lowe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Oh well just a thought, the ERC is good, but Just wondered what thoughts where on a world series
Good views on here
Just one thing
Where is Amercia
Old 26 Oct 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2780926)   #10
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe View Post
Just one thing