Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Feb 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4098372)   #251
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
What part of the law did this government of shysters and incompetents abide by when they held after work wind down drinks? Why were they any more deserving of drinks and nibbles en masse than we were? We worked very hard too but we didn't do what they did because it was AGAINST THE BLOOMING LAW!

That's why those parties/work meetings/wind down sessions are important, because we little people were prevented from having them. We were prevented, by law, from doing what No 10 was doing.

Yours, Furious of Bromham.
Max, it seems someone in an ivory tower has read of your concerns and is asking similar questions....

Boris Johnson sent Downing Street lockdown party questionnaire by police
Old 12 Feb 2022, 14:06 (Ref:4098392)   #252
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I see one of our Historic Tenthers has received a long service recognition from MSUK. Congratulations Derwent, AKA Graeme. Nice to see your hard work appreciated by the governing body.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Congratulations on the award, Graeme.
Old 12 Feb 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4098410)   #253
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow there's a blast from the past! Just done physical scrutineering here at Clay Pigeon.

Old 12 Feb 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4098425)   #254
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow there's a blast from the past! Just done physical scrutineering here at Clay Pigeon.

There was a MSUK Clerks / Stewards zoom meeting today which apparently dealt with lots of changes to the Scrutineering of cars this season.

I was at a Car Trackday @ Mallory so will wait for the rerun to find out more, and pass it on.
Old 12 Feb 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4098430)   #255
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had a new driver today, never done scrutineering before. His dad said "that was a waste of time, we're going to change the engine, the wheels and the hubs for tomorrow. Do they check it again?"

I can't disagree. And to judge from the comments in Revolution, nor can MSUK!

Old 12 Feb 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4098432)   #256
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had a new driver today, never done scrutineering before. His dad said "that was a waste of time, we're going to change the engine, the wheels and the hubs for tomorrow. Do they check it again?"

I can't disagree. And to judge from the comments in Revolution, nor can MSUK!

If he finishes in the top 3 they will.................wont they?
Old 12 Feb 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4098434)   #257
midgetman
Veteran

Ah that's different, eligibility Vs "Safety".

And we won't trouble the top three.

Old 13 Feb 2022, 04:50 (Ref:4098457)   #258
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
If he finishes in the top 3 they will.................wont they?
Sounds like a historic car metering.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 18:26 (Ref:4098511)   #259
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Historic or not, we are supposed to read the rules (terms of sale sometimes) understand all of them and follow them because its the law. For instance, during a meeting you must be close to your car to satisfy any question/query from the scrutineer team, holding all the needed papers like HTP when mandatory and homologation form at least. I think it does not work during the lunch tilme.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 23:19 (Ref:4098544)   #260
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Historic or not, we are supposed to read the rules (terms of sale sometimes) understand all of them and follow them because its the law. For instance, during a meeting you must be close to your car to satisfy any question/query from the scrutineer team, holding all the needed papers like HTP when mandatory and homologation form at least. I think it does not work during the lunch time.
which in France is between 11.30 am and 3.30 pm - allegedly ;-)
Old 14 Feb 2022, 08:04 (Ref:4098573)   #261
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Best case scenario…
Old 14 Feb 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4098581)   #262
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lunch is actually a religion, so it is sacrosanct. Have to be a bit careful in Paris though, as you are likely to get tear-gased!
Old 14 Feb 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4098588)   #263
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Sounds like a historic car metering.
I remember getting asked for the HTP on my Cortina at the revival back in 2007. having left it in the car all day Thu I'd taken it back to the relative safety of the camp site . . . I suggested to the gentlemen who asked I'd go and get it, and be back in 5 minutes . . .perhaps he'd like to inspect the disc brakes on the rear of the Anglia next to me while he waited
Old 14 Feb 2022, 15:09 (Ref:4098641)   #264
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Spain could be even worse with their siesta; many a time, business people never return to their offices after their liquid lunch. One in particular annoyed me frequently, and that was one of the bank managers who I dealt with from time to time - rarely back in the office in the afternoons.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4098655)   #265
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember back in the 90s going to Valencia on business and breaking for lunch at 4-00 pm. Continued working after 'lunch' and finished in time for dinner .... at 10-00 pm! Not unusual, I came to realise.

No siesta involved. It was just their usual way of working.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4098662)   #266
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I remember back in the 90s going to Valencia on business and breaking for lunch at 4-00 pm. Continued working after 'lunch' and finished in time for dinner .... at 10-00 pm! Not unusual, I came to realise.

No siesta involved. It was just their usual way of working.
Just about all the businesses close from 2-5pm apart from the restaurants and bars,
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Feb 2022, 20:44 (Ref:4098688)   #267
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
France was our main market when I was trucking, we found the further south you went the longer the lunch breaks became especially in the more rural areas. Worked in my favour once at Dijon-le-Prenois when les scrutes had a grande probleme with certification for my roll cage, when they realised it was lunchtime the problem suddenly disappeared
Old 15 Feb 2022, 04:28 (Ref:4098737)   #268
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I remember getting asked for the HTP on my Cortina at the revival back in 2007. having left it in the car all day Thu I'd taken it back to the relative safety of the camp site . . . I suggested to the gentlemen who asked I'd go and get it, and be back in 5 minutes . . .perhaps he'd like to inspect the disc brakes on the rear of the Anglia next to me while he waited
Sums it up nicely Zef.
Old 15 Feb 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4098852)   #269
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can one of our more tech savvy members tell me why it is that businesses are pushing customers to use their mobile apps even when they are already using their online facilities. I have noticed that some firms are offering special deals only to mobile customers, and this even applies to at least one bank that is offering customers a cashback policy but only if you apply via their mobile app - their T & Cs even state that you cannot apply online.

Is it an attempt to force customers to ditch online in favour of mobile apps, and why? Is it cheaper or what is the advantage to them?
Old 15 Feb 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4098857)   #270
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I too cant see any advantage for them but using now an app to pay my parking in the street can say it works fine. I was reluctant because you must put some bank datas in the phone to do that. C'est le monde moderne je suppose…
Old 15 Feb 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4098859)   #271
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I too cant see any advantage for them but using now an app to pay my parking in the street can say it works fine. I was reluctant because you must put some bank datas in the phone to do that. C'est le monde moderne je suppose…

As you say, Gérard, it does seem to be the way of the world, however I can understand paying for parking via a mobile app when you are out and about; that makes sense because you possibly wouldn't have your computer with you. And I also understand that it may be convenient to use a mobile app for certain other things when you are "out on the town"

However, being an old fart and being somewhat wary about what I use my mobile phone for, I am hesitant to start loading it up with all these apps that require a load of personal details to be entered. I fear that it is a greater possibility that I may lose, or have stolen (see Gordon's recent experience) my mobile rather than my laptop which I keep at home. I hope that it is more secure there where the house is alarmed whenever I am not there or when I am in bed.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 08:12 (Ref:4098899)   #272
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MSUK members appointed to the FIA's various boards.
https://www.motorsportuk.org/news/22...a-commissions/
Old 16 Feb 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4098957)   #273
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I stopped to 'rehydrate' after walking the dog recently and saw someone buying a round of drinks with a telephone.

In the post office recently they wouldn't accept a £10 note to pay for postage and I didn't have a card with me.

we'll be back to bartering for assorted goods and services in the sticks soon.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4098962)   #274
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As I am in the UK I popped up to Brands Hatch today and saw this old boy driving round in one of these, is it true that they made thousnds of them but "most" have only just been discovered in the last few years ?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1150).png
Views:	39
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	73618
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Feb 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4098977)   #275
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
As I am in the UK I popped up to Brands Hatch today and saw this old boy driving round in one of these, is it true that they made thousnds of them but "most" have only just been discovered in the last few years ?
Attachment 73618
According to the Homologation papers , 5000 were produced by the end of 1966
Closed Thread