Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 22 Feb 2003, 19:50 (Ref:514289)   #1
MSC-Eddie
Rookie

MSC-Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1966 Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA

Hi all. This is my first post here.

I have a website with over 250 classic cars for the PC simulation Sports Car GT at
http://msc-eddie.racesimcentral.com

Many talented modelers make cars for many classes.
Everybody can downloading the classics for free. Please have a look.

To make some more of these fine cars we need always good pictures of real cars for paintjobs.

Perhaps someone can help me to find good pics for the 1966 Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA.

I want to paint some more opponents for the
1966 Sebring 4 Hrs
Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA #36
Team Autodelta SpA
Jochen Rindt (AUT)

So please support me if possible.

Thanks,
Eddie

Last edited by MSC-Eddie; 22 Feb 2003 at 19:52.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 20:37 (Ref:514322)   #2
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A model car company called Scala 43 makes a number of models of the Alfa GTAs in various paint schemes along with models of BMW 2002s, etc. The web site is www.scala43.com
This may help with photos of particular cars that you are looking for photos of...

Last edited by dretceterini; 22 Feb 2003 at 20:38.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 20:49 (Ref:514329)   #3
MSC-Eddie
Rookie

MSC-Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the link, dretceterini.
On the site are fine cars. But there only Alfa GTAJ's and GTam's from the 70's. I search the GTA-Model from the 60's.

Thanks,
Eddie
Old 22 Feb 2003, 23:56 (Ref:514464)   #4
dretceterini
Veteran

I guess you will have to get the book Allegeritta by Tony Adriaensens, which is the best one on the GTA.

Tony's e-mail address is corsa@pandora.be The book should be available from most of the major car book dealers.

Tony is also working on a book on the Alfa T33s and another on Siata.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 00:46 (Ref:518811)   #5
Jesper OH
Veteran

Jesper OH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..or try this address: http://dega.cs.unc.edu/~nick/new/vir...sam/index.htm.
Here's excellent colour pictures of several GTA's from the 1966 Trans-Am round at Virginia International Raceway.

(Just checked the link and found out it didn't work. Try this one: http://dega.cs.unc.edu/~nick/new/vir.html, find 1966 Trans-Am link about 1/4 down the page and enjoy)

Hmm, still not working, but try this one: http://www.virclub.com/pages/trackInfo/history.htm

Jesper O. Hansen

Last edited by Jesper OH; 27 Feb 2003 at 00:53.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 06:28 (Ref:518949)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you do any later cars. As a f'rinstance I race a replica of the 1978 Spa 24 hrs winning Capri. Apart from the decals its an almost perfect copy. You can download a pic from my website www.mallettracing.co.uk
Old 27 Feb 2003, 09:40 (Ref:519088)   #7
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter - sorry to hi-jack psc-eddie's thread, but you may like to see a shot of our 1981 3l Capri of Les Blackburn's. This is at Donington for I think a 500 km ETC race where we came 9th o/a I think. The highlight of the race for me was that it started to very lightly drizzle, not enough to need wets, so we stayed out and could powerslide half the way down the main straight from that top corner.
But earlier that year we scored a 6th at Spa, the second Capri to finish. We had Bob Akin as a third driver and he went off about an hour into the race, didn't damage anything but came back to the pits and said 'look chaps, you know what you're doing - please get on with it' and that was the last we saw of him till the podium stuff.
That was a real rip up. Lots of nuggets come to mind. Great car.
Back to Alfas ...
Attached Thumbnails
82 blackburn capri3l don 9th.jpg  

Last edited by gfm; 27 Feb 2003 at 09:42.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 10:07 (Ref:519104)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John,

I remember that car! The first Capri home in 81 at Spa was (I believe) the Martin Bros car which was also in Belga colours.

And yes. Back to Alfas.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 10:16 (Ref:519112)   #9
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Peter, it was the year Walkinshaw and Dieudonne won in the Mazda (that I drove there in '80). The Esso Capri of Woodman/Buncombe/Clark was third some good names finished behind us - Bell/BMW 530 and Spice/Capri for example, Martin brothers were 13th, Jack Brabham in a Capri was 21st.
Someone kindly sent me an old Autosport so I have the report.
Alfas ...

Last edited by gfm; 27 Feb 2003 at 10:18.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 10:26 (Ref:519129)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Erm... yes, Alfas. (I'm sure no one would object if a Capri thread started round about now...!)

Can anyone, I wonder, put me onto a source for Tony Adriaensens' Alfa GTA book which doesn't require a second mortgage? I'm sure it's worth every penny, but I can't justify the $235 I was quoted last time I saw one....
Old 27 Feb 2003, 15:49 (Ref:519369)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The GTA is probably the sexiest Alfa ever produced. The curves and the purposeful stance tells you that its going to be quick even before the engine starts. The only other car like it from that era was the Lancia Fulvia(?)

But then again the Group 2 Ca............................ Ok Tim I'll stop it!
Old 27 Feb 2003, 17:40 (Ref:519468)   #12
dretceterini
Veteran

Tim D:

Try e-mailing Tony Adriaenesens at Corsa@Pandora.be The original price of the book was about $75 U.S.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 07:55 (Ref:520169)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not only a great design but with ltd slip and 5 gears a great car to race and a worthy opponent for those damn Lotus Cortina's! Set up correctly they are a joy to race