Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Dec 2020, 22:52 (Ref:4022988)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reminds me of that single seater thing a few years ago - Superleague, was it? Where the teams were aligned to football (soccer) clubs.

I vaguely remember it ran for a year or two of limited success, dropped the football link and then sank like a stone tied to a much bigger brick. Possibly glued to a very large rock.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 23:26 (Ref:4022990)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Supercars MIGHT be considering a backflip on the Larko dismissal. Might be a case of "too little, too late" though - would be hard for him to feel warm and fuzzy about staying on after having been rejected.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 23:59 (Ref:4022999)   #28
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Larko tells them to GAGF
Old 15 Dec 2020, 02:27 (Ref:4023008)   #29
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cut price special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I do wonder if a few of these reporters may have also priced them self out of the market as well.
7 under James Warburton are effectively reducing costs everywhere.
FTA is not the bonanza it once was.

Spot on from the other side of the rabbit proof fence
Old 15 Dec 2020, 02:48 (Ref:4023009)   #30
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Saw that, made me feel quite ill, have less than zero interest in the AFL, its "personalities" and don't mention betting.
The TV time taken up by pre game & post game is nauseating & I am an AFL tragic. Only ever watch the game & I can see the V8s & TCR going the same way.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 03:22 (Ref:4023014)   #31
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I recall the last BAthurst 1000 that 7 did in the late 80s or early 90s before it went to 10.
The whole day they kept cutting away from the action to interview "stars" of their other shows "i have never watched
a car race before, but Im going for Brockie/dickie - and our show is on tuesday nights at "

I literally lost track of who was winning because of all the cross promotion.
In the end we went and listened to the radio to keep up to date!
Old 15 Dec 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4023036)   #32
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was the issue between Larko and James Warburton
Old 15 Dec 2020, 21:30 (Ref:4023148)   #33
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps somebody in C7 management, KPI bonus would be effected by have a middle aged white Anglo Saxon male with knowledge on motorsport in pit lane?
Old 16 Dec 2020, 00:54 (Ref:4023171)   #34
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I recall the last BAthurst 1000 that 7 did in the late 80s or early 90s before it went to 10.
The whole day they kept cutting away from the action to interview "stars" of their other shows "i have never watched
a car race before, but Im going for Brockie/dickie - and our show is on tuesday nights at "

I literally lost track of who was winning because of all the cross promotion.
In the end we went and listened to the radio to keep up to date!
Are you sure about that?

If you mean 1996, the whole telecast was almost all Lowndes leading. There was the odd Olympian interviewed , but there wasn’t much “home and away” or anything in there.

If you mean 1998, or even 1997, those two Ch7 telecasts of the 1000 were pretty much devoid of anything except the racing, the closest they got to cross promotion of anything else was Sandy Roberts or Tracey Holmes in the hosting chair doing the hourly updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair
Perhaps somebody in C7 management, KPI bonus would be effected by have a middle aged white Anglo Saxon male with knowledge on motorsport in pit lane?
Dont Supercars Media pay the race commentators and the race pit reporters, not the individual network?

Some of this Channel 7 bashing for the sake of it is ridiculous
Old 17 Dec 2020, 06:45 (Ref:4023373)   #35
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just reading Scott McLaughlin's comments on Larko's sacking and he mentioned not only is he a fan favourite, but has immense respect in pitlane.

Got me thinking. The mid race interviews are going to get dumbed down as a consequence.
Stick a microphone in say Roland Dane or Barry Ryans face after an incident.
Who's going to help get a better interview. Larko, or former AFL full forward insert name here.

Same with Riana. She has a good rapport with the drivers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Dec 2020, 05:32 (Ref:4025576)   #36
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedcafe reporting that Larko is in a holding pattern and maybe returning to the pit lane!

Mr Seamer must be a busy boy over Christmas smoking the peace pipe with Mr Adderton and now .
Old 29 Dec 2020, 07:50 (Ref:4025580)   #37
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reckon there is only one person who needs to move on. What a truly appalling appointment......
Old 29 Dec 2020, 09:09 (Ref:4025586)   #38
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't be an easy job, dealing with the teams, manufacturers, sponsors, TV, etc and having to sort the wheat from the chaff in that regard.

I know everyone loved to lay the boot into Cocho, but I think he got the balance right most of the time, as to how to keep it all on a relatively even keel. I also think one of the key things Cocho had in his favour, was that the stakeholders trusted him to make the right calls when it counted. I don't think Warbo or Seamer had/have managed that. He was a leader, make the calls, and got all parties on board when it mattered.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 13:14 (Ref:4025617)   #39
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Can't be an easy job, dealing with the teams, manufacturers, sponsors, TV, etc and having to sort the wheat from the chaff in that regard.

I know everyone loved to lay the boot into Cocho, but I think he got the balance right most of the time, as to how to keep it all on a relatively even keel. I also think one of the key things Cocho had in his favour, was that the stakeholders trusted him to make the right calls when it counted. I don't think Warbo or Seamer had/have managed that. He was a leader, make the calls, and got all parties on board when it mattered.
I can remember cochineal constantly getting slated ......careful what you wish for eh?..
Old 3 Jan 2021, 06:20 (Ref:4026529)   #40
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Phelps in the Sunday Fishwrapper exclusively revealed today that Larko will be offered a new contract by series organisers after a rethink of the decision to replace him with Charli Robinson.
He then says Sean Seamer will have the final say at the end of the month, which seems a bit contradictory ?
He also gives Renee Gracie a free plug for her new gig with an online gaming site saying her video has unsurprisingly gone viral.
I could do without the Renee Gracie virus thanks, I'll pass.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 22:14 (Ref:4026836)   #41
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
He also gives Renee Gracie a free plug for her new gig with an online gaming site saying her video has unsurprisingly gone viral.
A shot of penicillin should clear it right up
Old 5 Jan 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4026893)   #42
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
She's just trying to make a living with the assets and talent she has readily available.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 01:23 (Ref:4027324)   #43
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
James Phelps in the Sunday Fishwrapper exclusively revealed today gives Renee Gracie a free plug for her new gig with an online gaming site saying her video has unsurprisingly gone viral.
Maybe they traded free plugs? Renee might've got two plugs, but James only got one, but gave two
Old 13 Jan 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4028670)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It isn't just Gracie, they are plugging this ridiculous site daily it seems.

Just salacious click bait, or straight up payola.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 22:50 (Ref:4028833)   #45
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It isn't just Gracie, they are plugging this ridiculous site daily it seems.

Just salacious click bait, or straight up payola.
It’s ****ing ridiculous.

I saw some clickbait article from them talking about some girl being bullied for her “small bikini”. Quickly mentioned she has an OnlyFans though!

You would almost have to think they have a stake in the site with the amount they casually promote it as “news”.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 06:15 (Ref:4028885)   #46
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
It’s ****ing ridiculous.

I saw some clickbait article from them talking about some girl being bullied for her “small bikini”. Quickly mentioned she has an OnlyFans though!

You would almost have to think they have a stake in the site with the amount they casually promote it as “news”.

I just assumed it was James Phelps' with a bit of a middle-age crush but maybe there is more to it.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 07:10 (Ref:4029160)   #47
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a lot of comment on what's on Fox v C7, on all media platforms.

A lot of support for/Kayo v C7 , aka Free To Air.(FTA)
Arguments about Pay V FTA
Interestingly , many years ago, a work colleague said, I will never pay for TV.
At another workplace, a fellow work colleague , said you are actually paying for TV , but don't realize it.
WTF
So he explained it. It is very simple.

we will use Graig Lowndes , Tyrepower Adds as guide.

Tyrepower wants to promote it's outlets. Hires Graig to do the adds $XXXX.
They hire a add Agency to make the Add. $XXXXX
They then by air time on the Commercial networks, C7, C9, C10 etc $XXXX

I was at a course as part of my employment, the presenter, previously worked in Add Agency / TV , air time for Adds is costly $XXXX

so to cover the cost outlayed by Tyrepower, every tyre they sell , has a cost added to it to pay for Craig to do adds and the cost of air time on TV.

So in reality, there is really no such thing as Free To Air, as the consumer at some stage actually pays a percentage of the price of goods, to cover the making off the adds to sell said goods.

So if you think about it, take any product , add 0.01% to the price , round up or round down, the consumer is still paying for it.

So if you present this to ppl who swear by Fox, I wonder what there reply would be, Paying twice to watch their favourite sports.

Me, I subscribe to Kayo, and enjoy it .
Old 16 Jan 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4029532)   #48
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crompton must be locked in for this year, he’s voicing the Ch7 ads for this season.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4030522)   #49
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Foges reckons that the commentary team is going to be unaltered (assuming that Larko still wants to do it).

Looks like the only casualty might be Ms Crehan.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4030543)   #50
one five five
Veteran

A dumb move to drop Larko, but what sort of professional image does it show if they hire him back again within weeks?

Surely, surely Supercars management knew axing Larko would make waves, and they still had the balls to do it, yet do a complete u-turn when some criticism is aimed at them. If you make a big decision, stand by it or at least try to justify it.

Supercars stayed quiet on the axing, and now do a u-turn...... he’s only a commentator after all, most viewers would have gotten over it after the first few rounds anyway. I’m glad he’ll be back though.