Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jan 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4031248)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
But thats not what Toto said!

Richard
No. But it's the reality.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4031263)   #152
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Toto now saying it should be sorted soon once they get the final curveballs out the way, so that's good news
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4031340)   #153
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Was that Sun ,Mirror or Star?
Keep seeing this stuff from these wonderful rags,
Not sure anyone knows apart from main protagonists
I’ll make a prediction
If he’s at Bahrain there will be an agreement and if not probably had a bit of a tiff with his mates!
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4031341)   #154
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The curveball thing was in Autosport / Motorsport.com. That’s where I saw the thing about Toto testing positive for COVID.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4031345)   #155
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure if Autosport gets it from Rags or it’s other direction!
Not the same as when Gregor Grant used to invent situations. They really stirred stuff up with the teams.
A class act!
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4031351)   #156
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The curveball thing was in Autosport / Motorsport.com. That’s where I saw the thing about Toto testing positive for COVID.

The Times today carried much the same story - whether by just echoing the Autosport story or from independent discussion, who knows. Sounded like it was just the complications of negotiation via Zoom rather than thrashing things out round a table
Old 26 Jan 2021, 20:11 (Ref:4031358)   #157
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Not sure if Autosport gets it from Rags or it’s other direction!
Not the same as when Gregor Grant used to invent situations. They really stirred stuff up with the teams.
A class act!

And a lovely man. Met him quite a few times as I was friend of one of his sons back in the 60s, and spent time with him in their home near Golders Green/Hampstead, North West London.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4031368)   #158
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Used to miss occasional GP by being tired and emotional whilst it was happening.
Lots of free booze around in those days!
Old 26 Jan 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4031383)   #159
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Used to miss occasional GP by being tired and emotional whilst it was happening.
Lots of free booze around in those days!

Gregor is solely responsible for awakening what became my passion for four wheel motorsport - until then I thought I liked motor cycle racing (Castrol R is intoxicating) - and introduced me to Autosport to which I became a subscriber for about 40 years, even getting it delivered when I moved to Spain.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 00:22 (Ref:4031390)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.... Mr Russell to Mercedes, Mr Hamilton to Williams?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jan 2021, 05:23 (Ref:4031408)   #161
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

You can only dream of such a scenario, sure would get a bumper TV audience for Bahrain.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4031415)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Hamilton to AM would of made more sense. A great British driver in a great British marque with a Merc engine to boot.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4031506)   #163
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heHCLmxK2XA

TL;DR

Lewis not having yet signed "IS" a story. They are likely not far apart. He probably will renew with Mercedes. Nobody really knows what the sticking points are.

Richard
Old 27 Jan 2021, 15:06 (Ref:4031508)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heHCLmxK2XA

TL;DR

Lewis not having yet signed "IS" a story. They are likely not far apart. He probably will renew with Mercedes. Nobody really knows what the sticking points are.

Richard
'...an extraordinary situation'.....
Old 27 Jan 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4031541)   #165
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
'...an extraordinary situation'.....
I take (given the ROFL emoji) that you believe it is not? Is the fact that he doesn't have a contract at this late of a date not unusual or remarkable given who he is?

Richard
Old 27 Jan 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4031544)   #166
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is the fact that he doesn't have a contract at this late of a date not unusual or remarkable given who he is?

Richard
It certainly is not unique in terms of high profile WDC's.... remembering Senna even went into and IIRC through the full 1993 season on a race by race contract with McLaren... admittedly with another seat in mind elsewhere (Williams) which in this case it seems is not an option in Lewis' mind. With Lewis the hiccup appears to be the package, whereas I think Senna was more about the car, the package being secondary to him.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4031545)   #167
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Hmm, the financial package was always very important to Senna. Not wrongly either.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 19:49 (Ref:4031547)   #168
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I take (given the ROFL emoji) that you believe it is not? Is the fact that he doesn't have a contract at this late of a date not unusual or remarkable given who he is?

Richard
Yes, unusual, but in all the circumstances, I wouldn't consider it extraordinary. I have every expectation that it will be resolved and we'll be told that Hamilton will be back in the car for race 1.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4031551)   #169
S griffin
Veteran

Still got a bit of time before the first test, I’m sure next month we’ll see some announcement at the latest
Old 28 Jan 2021, 03:36 (Ref:4031602)   #170
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, unusual, but in all the circumstances, I wouldn't consider it extraordinary. I have every expectation that it will be resolved and we'll be told that Hamilton will be back in the car for race 1.
I guess everyone has their opinions. I think it easily objectively meets a general definition of "extraordinary". Especially from a view of recent F1 history. Looking back to Senna in 1993. That is nearly three decades ago and in a different era. I guess if we look back that far, then nearly nothing can be said to be extraordinary these days. I might as well stop watching.

Richard
Old 28 Jan 2021, 06:01 (Ref:4031610)   #171
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I guess everyone has their opinions. I think it easily objectively meets a general definition of "extraordinary". Especially from a view of recent F1 history. Looking back to Senna in 1993. That is nearly three decades ago and in a different era. I guess if we look back that far, then nearly nothing can be said to be extraordinary these days. I might as well stop watching.

Richard
It is 'extraordinary' in the context of a regular 'ordinary' person doesnt usually spend their summer (or winter) not knowing if they are coming back to work next year...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Jan 2021, 06:54 (Ref:4031613)   #172
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis is a victim of his own success. Sign here and you could be the first driver to be an eight times World Champion. Now we both know that this is only going to happen driving for us - Jesus H Lewis, you should be paying Mercedes Benz 40 Million per season not the other way round. The company holds all the good cards.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4031655)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
It is 'extraordinary' in the context of a regular 'ordinary' person doesnt usually spend their summer (or winter) not knowing if they are coming back to work next year...
Really? I suspect that right now, there may be quite a few 'ordinary' people in just that situation.....

As I say, I defend my view that this isn't extraordinary. It's F1. It's money. It's prestige. It's standing in a team. I haven't the slightest doubt that it will be resolved and we'll forget all about it. The humble pie is warming on the stove, but I'm not peckish just yet.....
Old 28 Jan 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4031678)   #174
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
But the ordinary person does not have £400m in the bank and no need to ever work again!
Old 28 Jan 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4031679)   #175
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Lewis is a victim of his own success. Sign here and you could be the first driver to be an eight times World Champion. Now we both know that this is only going to happen driving for us - Jesus H Lewis, you should be paying Mercedes Benz 40 Million per season not the other way round. The company holds all the good cards.
Really? i see Lewis holding just as many cards. His personality, standing in the world is great advertisement for Mercedes and their key audience for car sales. Not only is he the face of their success, he has been a key part of it for the last several years.

Can Mercedes win without Lewis next year? probably.....2022? who knows.....but i would bet my bottom dollar they have a better chance WITH Lewis than without.

Both have as much to gain, and lose in this situation.