Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jun 2002, 00:25 (Ref:305878)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1: A scream for one who consider that is an elitist and eurocentric category

All my life I spent time to watch F1 with one wish: Have parity in the Drivers Championship, see many winners and watching all talented drivers have rewards winning or making fantastic races. But in all these years I have huge stars who his only will are winning, winning, and winning, with no matter the cost.
F1 is a sport what makes perfectly to pathethic individualism, he must BEAT all others, with no matter the cost. "Solidarity" is a word what means nothing to F1.
Bernie Ecclestone swapped with his rules to all small or "inefficient" teams in mid-90s, now with the nonsense increasing costs (all that money can be used to help Third World countries, instead) the former mid-teams and now back teams are in risk to dissapear, and what is the answer??? Put 4-car teams, with apparent more quality but with increasing team-orders an hierarchy for some drivers in the future. Not will by surprisingly if in the near future will we have world champions with 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 titles! 20 cars and discounting, to 15 cars, but if the superiority of futurism is still posting F1 as the motorsport tecnhnify pinnacle, no matter how many drivers are suffering for the exclusion.
With that all, I feel that all my hopes are... in vain.
But I'm not resigned to accept that. Grunt.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 11:37 (Ref:306245)   #2
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mekola - I think I get your drift and I totally agree that more winners would make our Sunday's far more fun.

And by the way - a mega-well done for expressing this in English - I would not have a hope of talking about F1 in Spanish.

Yo hablo un muy poquito, pero quiero aprendar mas!

Buy the way, Buenos Aires is a brilliant place - I even got to see the inside of Olmos Prison - but I'm not saying why!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 23:13 (Ref:306843)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Hugh
Old 7 Jun 2002, 02:25 (Ref:306929)   #4
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I feel it's hard to "legislate or mandate" equality without promoting mediocrity. The type of championship Mekola and most of us want, is probably coming around the corner as Toyota, Renault, Mercedes and BMW will get to the same level as Ferrari.

They all have the drivers and the resources and the talent in design and engineering. Equality will come as a result of their excellence. In the meantime it's probably going to be Ferrari all or most of the way.

Cheers,

RT

Old 7 Jun 2002, 09:48 (Ref:307177)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, a fellow latin person...

Buena suerte para la albiceleste en el mundial!!!
Old 7 Jun 2002, 22:10 (Ref:307798)   #6
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have an Argentinian???Wow,great....

and you're absolutely right....