Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 8 Mar 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3889214)   #4251
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
James Davison gets Dale Coyne seat for the 500.

https://racer.com/2019/03/08/davison...th-coyne-byrd/
Old 9 Mar 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3889366)   #4252
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Reading these posts, it would seem IndyCar have totally underestimated the popularity of the series outside of the United States and have concentrated, solely on increasing a home grown TV audience.

However, given the history of IndyCar post unification, increasing a home grown TV audience is vital, in order to attract sponsors.
I think a better analysis is Indycar have totally overestimated the value of their product.Hardly anyone thinks it is worth what they are asking.
By the way the New Zealand situation is a special case because Sky NZ lost F1 and were looking for replacement content.
You only have to read the American Racing Review in this years Autocourse to realise what a financial basket case Indycar is.This would be the most incompetent broadcast rights negotiation ever conducted by any sports organiser.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3889367)   #4253
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Kind of sad that we are discussing accessibility when access should be easier than ever. IIRC, back in the 80s all the CART races were live on broadcast ABC. Coverage in most other countries may have been nonexistent though.

Does anyone know anything about the NBC Sports Gold service? There is not much information at the site where you sign up. Wondering if your subscription enables you to access it from home computer and phone, and whether you can select quality of video streaming. My signal strength is pretty variable - I'd rather watch a low def continuous stream than a hi def stream that starts and stops.
It is only available in US and does not show races live.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3889368)   #4254
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
I’m ok in the uk, but I found from previous years when my recording or the race screwed up that it tended to show up in full on YouTube a few days later. Is that likely to continue or are they intent on making foreigners stop watching their series?
The YouTube replays have been discontinued.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3889375)   #4255
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The YouTube replays have been discontinued.
Have they, because these are the practice highlights?

https://youtu.be/duxn9OXMX0M
Old 9 Mar 2019, 23:08 (Ref:3889378)   #4256
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Have they, because these are the practice highlights?

https://youtu.be/duxn9OXMX0M
There might be a few minutes of highlights but full race replays are another matter.I think it has something to do with the NBC Gold deal.Hope you're right and I'm wrong.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 00:14 (Ref:3889386)   #4257
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Highlights are fine. Sometimes it makes more sense if TV companies have the full race. Anyway, at least it’s something
Old 10 Mar 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3889414)   #4258
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canada, Central and South America covrage for St. Pete

Seems to be one race only.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/03...V-Announcement
Old 10 Mar 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3889424)   #4259
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it's not a bad idea, gets people watching and they approve of it
Old 10 Mar 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3889467)   #4260
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Better than nothing, I guess.

I wonder if it will have Spanish-speaking announcers
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3889510)   #4261
S griffin
Veteran

It’s good for those guys. We’ll see what kind of commentary team they use
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3889644)   #4262
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
No, we got the original NBC announcers. I know English, but I'm a minority here.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3889668)   #4263
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looks like O'Ward will be in the Carlin for 12 races this season but still missing out on this weekend.

From Racer.com: "In addition to the INDYCAR Classic at COTA, O’Ward will race for Carlin at Barber Motorsports Park, Long Beach, the Indianapolis GP and 500, Detroit, Road America, Toronto, Iowa, Mid-Ohio, Gateway and Portland. Carlin previously announced that Kimball would drive with the team for five races."

Thanks. R.C. Enerson previously rumoured for the split seat with Kimball is now out in the cold, I guess.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3889727)   #4264
S griffin
Veteran

Obviously they think O’Ward is better and he’s probably worth a shot anyway
Old 12 Mar 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3889959)   #4265
kbeech
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA
kbeech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm assuming since the NBC Gold deal, that full replays of the race will no longer be uploaded to Youtube? I rarely watch live races anymore. Work schedule is flaky.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3889987)   #4266
S griffin
Veteran

Well we’ll have to see. It’s hard to know with the TV coverage.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 05:38 (Ref:3890030)   #4267
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeech View Post
I'm assuming since the NBC Gold deal, that full replays of the race will no longer be uploaded to Youtube? I rarely watch live races anymore. Work schedule is flaky.
Have seen several sources that have said YouTube replays are gone.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3890096)   #4268
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I went on to the IndyCar YouTube channel to see what they have and currently they are showing, the Fast Forward for both IndyCar, 30 minutes and Indy Lights, 13.5 minutes. Race Highlights, Qualifying Highlights, Practice Highlights all over 2 minutes and Fórmula Indy 2019 - Grande Prêmio de Saint Petersburg - 1ª etapa, which is the entire race, with Portuguese commentary. Plus some helmet cam stuff.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3890097)   #4269
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
IndyCar is in talks about a future race at the El Villicum circuit in San Juan, in Argentina.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/142061
Old 13 Mar 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3890127)   #4270
S griffin
Veteran

Not a bad idea, but whether it will happen is another matter
Old 13 Mar 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3890254)   #4271
kbeech
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA
I can afford $50 easy enough. So I bought it. I'll give it a try for this season. I've done this before with the NHL. The replays are useful The video quality is less than stellar. I watch IMSA and GT World on YouTube and the video quality is fine. Not sure why the vid quality of the NBC Indy Gold pass is not up to snuff. I'll mess with the settings and see what happens.
Old 15 Mar 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3890658)   #4272
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Alonso to test at Texas Motor Speedway next month.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/142141
Old 15 Mar 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3890755)   #4273
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeech View Post
I can afford $50 easy enough. So I bought it. I'll give it a try for this season. I've done this before with the NHL. The replays are useful The video quality is less than stellar. I watch IMSA and GT World on YouTube and the video quality is fine. Not sure why the vid quality of the NBC Indy Gold pass is not up to snuff. I'll mess with the settings and see what happens.
Is the quality similar to that on You Tube for the Lights race? It looks like they were racing in cars made of Lego

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 16 Mar 2019, 01:57 (Ref:3890903)   #4274
kbeech
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA
The first Lights race was very bad picture quality. The 2nd Lights race and the Grand Prix were fine. Very good video. I'm not a HD absolutist though.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3891401)   #4275
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I went on to the IndyCar YouTube channel to see what they have and currently they are showing, the Fast Forward for both IndyCar, 30 minutes and Indy Lights, 13.5 minutes. Race Highlights, Qualifying Highlights, Practice Highlights all over 2 minutes and Fórmula Indy 2019 - Grande Prêmio de Saint Petersburg - 1ª etapa, which is the entire race, with Portuguese commentary. Plus some helmet cam stuff.
An update regarding the IndyCar YouTube channel, the entire race is available to watch.

https://youtu.be/kv1fZlOAhHQ