Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Feb 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3884325)   #16
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
I continue to be impressed by the Mercedes commitment to excellence/domination, as an engineer I can't fail to.
However, in my heart I too would like to see good old Team Willy get some much better results, they are a team of racers.
McLaren (now that Ron has gone) have also spent too long in the doldrums abd I'd love to see them get closer to the pointy end this year.
Racing Point are another who as Force India always appeared to be punching well above their weight, now that they have a more solid financial backing it would be good to see them have the success they all deserve. It'll also be interesting to see just how good (or not so) a driver young Lance is now he has better machinery under him.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3884427)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see the all rookies give a good impression of themselves.

I hope that LeClerc make the most of this opportunity also.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3885065)   #18
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Prowl Again
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No specific expectations or hopes for that matter. Some good racing and good performances by the teams and the drivers mentioned already. It would be good to see a couple of teams pushing through from the midfield, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 20 Feb 2019, 03:30 (Ref:3885459)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
It would appear that nobody needs to root for Williams as they are self-rooting!
Old 24 Feb 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3886331)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Alfa Romeo for me!

Hoping Sainz can recover a rep that took a bashing last year.

Also hoping Russell, Albon go well.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 23:40 (Ref:3886404)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
It would appear that nobody needs to root for Williams as they are self-rooting!

Maybe they have sponsorship from a plumbing company with those electric eels... known as RotaRooters in some parts of the world
Old 25 Feb 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3886449)   #22
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be rooting for Alfa Romeo (to be a regular threat to the top of the "B squad"), Leclerc (to make the lives interesting for Vettel and Hamilton), Ricciardo (to surprise in the Renault) and Red Bull (to manage what McLaren couldn't with Honda) in no particular order.
Old 27 Feb 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3887023)   #23
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rooting for:

- Leclerc
- Red Bull-Honda including Verstappen and Gasly
- Renault, especially Ricciardo
- Toro Rosso-Honda, especially Albon
Old 28 Feb 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3887251)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Rooting for:

- Leclerc
- Red Bull-Honda including Verstappen and Gasly
- Renault, especially Ricciardo
- Toro Rosso-Honda, especially Albon
I forgot to add Leclerc to my list. Hoping he's see Vettel off.
Old 5 Mar 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3888488)   #25
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not rooting for anybody or any team in prticular, or wishing anyone or any team bad things.

For the best of the championship, I hope someone other than Lewis wins the driver championship and someone else than Mercedes wins the constructor championship.
Realistically, Ferrari probably has the best chance to do so; and Vettel is the most likely candidate for the title then. Bottas as a champion would be as OK to me as anybody else (though unlikely).
While I hope someone other than Mercedes wins the constructors championship, I don't want them to be blown away either. Just beaten by somone who is marginally better this year.

I wish Renault gets the engine boost it was looking for. This would probably bring Renault (the team) a bit closer to Ferrari-Mercedes-Red Bull. A four-way fight is always nicer than a three-way fight. At the same time, that could also benefit McLaren.
I hope Sainz does well, I like the guy since I met him at Spa some years ago (in Renault World Series)

Next, I hope Leclerc does alright against Vettel. Close to him when Vettel has the upper hand, and beat him from time to time. I hope Ferrari has enough patience when/if things don't go smoothly at times, and does not put unnecessary pressure on him.
Old 5 Mar 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3888506)   #26
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm not rooting for anybody or any team in prticular, or wishing anyone or any team bad things.
Likewise, although I've been known to gloat from time to time when things don't go quite according to plan for one or two teams!

I'm a bit torn this year - but I'll come back to that.

I want McLaren to have a better year than they've had recently; I really want Williams to get out of their doldrums (but I don't think they will); I want Renault to improve just a little and bunch up the midfield some more.

I'm torn, because part of me really wants to have Merc hammer everyone again this year with a car/driver/team combo that is as close to perfection as we've ever seen, but I fear that would be a bad thing at the same time.

I hope it doesn't rain at Silverstone. I also hope it isn't about 300 Celsius like it was in 2018!
Old 6 Mar 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3888545)   #27
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi
Old 6 Mar 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3888549)   #28
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Hartley will get a run in a Ferrari..otherwise I'm just rooted.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3889643)   #29
bathurst77
Racer

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im getting old. Dont do much rooting anymore.
But I will be cheering on Danny big time!
Old 11 Mar 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3889690)   #30
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Prowl Again
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi
There's a shock!!!!